• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    2.1 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    My TdC event went way different than I planned. There was a severe shortage of safety riders for the childrens and families route. No one stepped up so I did, exchanged my number for a safety rider vest. So instead of going on my planned route, I went on the 7 mile route and played with the kiddies. From toddlers on strider bikes to infants in trailers and everything in between. I got everyone rounded up, no one left behind and everyone had a great time. Wow 50 kids and families!!! I will just take my training plan and use it next year :D

07/08 - 13.0 miles turbo trainer (rest day light spin, training for Tour des Chutes continues)
    07/09 - 29.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/10 - 29.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/11 - 29.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (sunrise rip before leaving on my trip)
    07/13 - 07.0 miles cycling (they needed safety riders for the kids route, I volunteered & gave up my ride)
    07/14 - 10.0 miles turbo trainer (drove 200 mi home then spun out the legs)

Total: 293.0 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,144 Member
    Options
    7/12 5.50 miles
    7/13 6.50 miles
    7/14 5.25 miles

As of 7/14 100.75 of 175 miles

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    7-14
    4 miles
    292.39 miles MTD
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    7/8-7/14 = 30.58

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,376 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

July 13, 14, 15: Adding 24.25 walked 17 miles and cycled 7.25
    TTD: 130.90 miles

exercise.png

@Janet: did you not do Berlin already or this your first time?
    @kar: Glad you are home safe and your cat was none the worse from it.
    @Susan: How unselfish and kind of you to switch from rider to safety rider. I bet the kids enjoyed your support.
    @Dean: Ouchy!
    I am in blueberry overload so I am freezing lots. Today I made a fresh blueberry pie.
    sj3epxw3bpzl.jpeg
    b03jdqncb7t1.jpeg
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    190.65 miles so far...can't believe I'm almost at my goal! I love bicycling!

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,932 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

No miles for me today. I spent the whole day doing errands in the city so I have over 10,000 steps but none I can point to as purposeful exercise. I'm going to try to do my long run in the morning so I should remain in the green.

@clepant - yes, I did Berlin once before. Your blueberries are impressive! Mine are just coming in. Fresh blueberry pie is my favorite thing in the world.

@anaconda469 - that was a very kind (and fun!) thing to do. Training is never wasted - it is good for your body and your mind.

@darkrider42 - hope you are having a great trip.

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 Good move. Really good move.

@clepant Those look so good. I love blueberries.

Squeezing in 1 mile during Boot Camp this morning. Got to both push and pull the big sled known as The Tank. Has six 45 lb plates on it. This was on the fake grass/turf. I love Boot Camp

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Leaving for our first day on the road at zero-dark-thirty tomorrow. :) We're going to try to beat some of the heat and get some miles in before it gets to maximum steamy. I'll still try to check in here though.

Have a great week everyone! :)

Dave
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi Group! Starting late for July.. please add me for 60 miles. Thanks!! :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    Managed 18 miles before getting ready for work. Heading into a really long weekend. Not looking forward to this.

Adding 18 miles for 18 out of 300.

Adding 8 miles for 26 out fo 300.

Adding 39 miles for 65 out of 300.

Adding 33 miles for 98 out of 300.

Adding 30 miles for 128 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 135 out of 300. I hate saddles sores. :frowning:

Adding 34 miles for 169 out of 300.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    @Susan - That was really nice of you to do that. I'm sure you made it fun for all the kids. Thanks for doing that. :smiley:

@Dave - Have a great trip. Looks like lots of thunderstorms out your way. Hope you guys planned for shorter drips each day. :smile:
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    July 15 6.49/ 60 miles
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Struggling with dreadful streaming cold after long haul flight...nose and eyes like taps...not been much walking new ttd 23 miles
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

exercise.png

10th: 0 miles - MTD
    11th: 0 miles - MTD
    12th: 0 miles - MTD
    13th: 1.69 miles, checking the parkrun course - MTD 20.7
    14th: 5.51 miles - MTD 26.21
    15th: 0 miles - MTD
    16th: 3.34 miles - MTD 29.55

@anaconda469 - you are such a warm and generous person, what a fabulous thing to do. Sounds like you had great fun.
    @Dave - you have to love setting off at dark o’clock, have a fabulous trip.
    ETA
    @sussexbythesea - get well soon.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    To all who commented, being a safety rider was great fun and tons of happy kids. As sweeper I got to very slowly ride behind the strider bike kids. One even wanted to race me, it was a slight downhill stretch and I rode my brakes hard.....he won! Got many thanks from parents and hugs from kids and one doggie kiss. As it was hot the kids were bringing me water and ice tea to the nice lady to drink while I was resting. I would do it again if it was ever needed. The event wanted to give me back my $75.00 entry fee, I told then to keep it for the cancer charity we ride for.

07/15 - 01.0 miles rest day river hike
    07/16 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 319.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,376 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Juky 16: Adding 12.05 miles today. Up early to get walking miles in and cycled later. Also spent 6 hours cleaning out my dad’s gutters. Some precarious positions where I was saying prayers. Next weeding added by two hours of cutting grass. I bonked. Only felt that once on a hot run but I felt it today. Good news is, I am dropping pounds again. Will be heading out early to work in my trial gardens early to beat the heat.
    TTD: 142.95 miles

exercise.png

@Janet: I have been getting three quarts off e dry other day, Froze some and made a pie yesterday morning. (I thought you did Berlin before. My memory is still holding together).
    @Jean: Hope you feel better soon.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been a very good supporter this month, my life has been unreal BUSY!! The Lord has been blessing us with great rains & that means mow & hoe. I must say I've been moving my @ss here on the farm plus the two older grandsons have been with us cuz mommy is finished with maternity leave & went back to work. Two are in day care but these two LOVE coming to the farm.
    My husband & oldest son became certified Hemp growers (very very low amount of THC) & they planted the original crops first (which gave us a late seeding start on the hemp), they seeded some with the drill but what has been taking up our time is we grew (in a green house) 1650 plants & have been transplanting them. Its been a "family" event. Our son has done major searching/reading on this & its taken some work & money to set this operation up. Not sure 'what" the end result will be but I know CBD oil for sure. Like I said I've been BUSY & my summer is FLYING by.
    I'm adding 25 miles from running with some walking & 17 from the ex bike.

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@countrycreek - welcome back!
    @sussexbythesea - sorry you are not well. I hope you feel better soon.
    @clepant - my blueberries are wild bushes - actually trees because the deer eat the lower branches. I get maybe three quarts a week, I could probably get more if I worked harder. Mine are the tiny little wild blueberries and they are not easy to harvest, but they are SO GOOD.
    @vhuber - you are busy. That is so interesting about hemp. I hope it is a success. I guess we all have to be willing to change with the times.
    @darkrider42 - have fun and stay safe! It sounds like "stay dry" might be too much to ask.

As for me, I did a 9 mile run yesterday which puts me at 53/75. Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.