Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    pana9608 wrote: »
    I am Tina, I have about 100 lbs to lose. I am wanting to lose weight and keep it off this time. I lost 90 lbs in the past but gained it all back plus a bit more. Issues with feet, gall bladder and acid reflux. I know losing weight will help with these issues. I have committed myself to a slim down for stand down for one of my jobs that stands down for the Christmas holidays. But i am going to start doing something now.

Hi @pana9608 Tina,

Welcome to LL. I am glad you are starting now and I am glad you are here with us.
  • dianahajen1
    dianahajen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm Diana

I have over 100 lbs to lose. I have always been a "little" over weight but a few years ago I really let myself go. Now I have COPD and a bad back. I need to lose the weight for health reasons. Maybe I will be able to breath better and my back won't hurt so much. I also would like to go on a cruise next year.

I started MFP about 40 days ago and have lost 19 lbs. so far. I am finding this app. so helpful. It's nice to be in a place where there are others like yourself. I know we can do this
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @dianahajen1. Hi. Welcome. Hope you reach your goal. You're off to a great start. I'm sure you will feel great as you as the weight coming off. Previously I lost 30 pounds, and I'm back at it, losing another 45 or so pounds. I still have another 110 to lose, so it looks like we're in this for the long haul. I look forward to hearing about your progress. Keep posting!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Glad you all found this group of “ Losers”.... everyone is supportive and understanding...lots of information in the posts....I still have a long way to go so I love to see members progress and updates....enjoy the journey!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Hi..I'm Diana

I have over 100 lbs to lose. I have always been a "little" over weight but a few years ago I really let myself go. Now I have COPD and a bad back. I need to lose the weight for health reasons. Maybe I will be able to breath better and my back won't hurt so much. I also would like to go on a cruise next year.

I started MFP about 40 days ago and have lost 19 lbs. so far. I am finding this app. so helpful. It's nice to be in a place where there are others like yourself. I know we can do this

Hi @dianahajen1 Diana,

Welcome to LL.

I have a feeling if you don't already you are only a few pounds from starting to feel better now. I am glad you are here.

Your current rate of loss is quite steep but it probably includes some water weight which always throws off the first set of numbers. If you would like in a couple of weeks I can help you see more precisely what you are losing and how fast so you can manage yourself well.
  • dianahajen1
    dianahajen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hi..I'm Diana

Hi @dianahajen1 Diana,

Welcome to LL.

I have a feeling if you don't already you are only a few pounds from starting to feel better now. I am glad you are here.

Your current rate of loss is quite steep but it probably includes some water weight which always throws off the first set of numbers. If you would like in a couple of weeks I can help you see more precisely what you are losing and how fast so you can manage yourself well.

I would appreciate any help I can get....and I do feel the difference
  • tinahrischuk
    tinahrischuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    My name is Tina, and need to lose 100lbs. I previously lost 52lbs in 2016 for my friend wedding but through life, depression and stressful life , I got lazy and gave up eating healthy and working out. Currently recovering from 2 broken wrist, and all I do is sit and eat...here's to starting over and trying my best
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Hello everyone
    My name is Tina, and need to lose 100lbs. I previously lost 52lbs in 2016 for my friend wedding but through life, depression and stressful life , I got lazy and gave up eating healthy and working out. Currently recovering from 2 broken wrist, and all I do is sit and eat...here's to starting over and trying my best

Hi @tinahrischuk,

Welcome to LL.

I have an article for you to read about weight loss and depression. I am not suggesting that it is any way cause and effect for you. It is just FYI about your serotonin level and how it can be impacted and the best way to manage it as you lose weight if you think it is a factor.

https://bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/carbohydrate-intake-and-depression-qa.html/

I am glad you are here and I hope those wrists heal quickly. Depending on where you are in the healing process you may want to set MFP to maintain your current weight because being in a calorie deficit can slow recovery. I would still encourage you to log your food and start getting into the habit if you are not ready to start losing right away.

We are ready to support you right now though either way.

Oh and I am not sure this is true for everyone but I am also in recovery and my hunger. which I have learned to manage quite well, is really giving me grief despite the fact that I am eating more food right now than normal.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've had weight issues my entire life. I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds. My eating finally caught up with me last year when I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, not to mention pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and osteoarthritis in my right knee. This has finally scared me straight. I have lost 115 lbs, am no longer pre-diabetic, and my blood pressure is in the normal range. I am still working on the rest which is better but not where it should be except for my knee which is giving me fits. I am in this for better health instead of vanity which is why I think this time is different. I am a much more active person and have learned better habits about dealing with food and binge eating which is an issue I have had almost as long as I have had a weight issue. I've gone from binge eating sweets daily to having to watch myself about overeating cheese and natural peanut butter, which is not perfect but miles ahead of where I was. I still have about 40 lbs to go to reach my initial goal of 150. I am also interested in increasing my fitness level and working on my overall strength. I look forward to supporting others in this journey and receiving your feedback. I'm always looking for ways to keep improving what I am doing and I am interested in hearing about your experiences and tips. Feel free to friend me if you are so inclined.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    michne16 wrote: »
    I've had weight issues my entire life. I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds. My eating finally caught up with me last year when I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, not to mention pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and osteoarthritis in my right knee. This has finally scared me straight. I have lost 115 lbs, am no longer pre-diabetic, and my blood pressure is in the normal range. I am still working on the rest which is better but not where it should be except for my knee which is giving me fits. I am in this for better health instead of vanity which is why I think this time is different. I am a much more active person and have learned better habits about dealing with food and binge eating which is an issue I have had almost as long as I have had a weight issue. I've gone from binge eating sweets daily to having to watch myself about overeating cheese and natural peanut butter, which is not perfect but miles ahead of where I was. I still have about 40 lbs to go to reach my initial goal of 150. I am also interested in increasing my fitness level and working on my overall strength. I look forward to supporting others in this journey and receiving your feedback. I'm always looking for ways to keep improving what I am doing and I am interested in hearing about your experiences and tips. Feel free to friend me if you are so inclined.

Hi @michne16,

Welcome to LL.

GREAT JOB!!

You have made some amazing progress not only in weight loss but also in changing. I believe that weight loss is not my primary goal. Instead it is losing the habits and mindsets of the guy who gained it.

I look forward to you participating here.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been struggling with my weight since my teens. I'm in my 50s now and have nearly 200 to lose. I lost about 90 a few years ago (using MFP), but stress and complacency brought it all back plus 25. So I've started over! I'm down about 30 so far, but the thought of losing 200 seems... unfathomable. I'm focusing on in-between goal weights just so I can believe they are possible.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @CariJean64 Welcome to LL! You've made a great start. Just keep doing what you're doing -- make it a long term habit and you'll get to your goal in time.

I'm in much the same boat -- also wanting to lose ~200 lbs.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been struggling with my weight since my teens. I'm in my 50s now and have nearly 200 to lose. I lost about 90 a few years ago (using MFP), but stress and complacency brought it all back plus 25. So I've started over! I'm down about 30 so far, but the thought of losing 200 seems... unfathomable. I'm focusing on in-between goal weights just so I can believe they are possible.

Hi @CariJean64,

Welcome! 30 pounds is impressive! Good Going!

Figuring out how to navigate your mental state through all the pounds still in front of you is important and it sounds like you know that and have a plan.

I started with 300ish to lose. My own plan was to focus on the day and practice being process-driven instead of goal-driven. For me getting healthier means eating a healthy number of calories and sustainability means being happy-ish doing it. Weight loss is my bonus prize and I do my best to live my life without thinking about it too much.

Your plan of small goals is, by far, more popular. I tried it in the past and it didn't work for me but that just means I am a harder nut to crack.

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »

@CariJean64. You're doing great so far so keep at it because you're not alone. At my highest, I realized I nd about 185 to lose. It seemed so daunting. But once I looked at the positives of taking the weight off, I used those as my motivation. I still have about 110 to go. It still seems daunting, but not impossible. Take your mini-goals one at a time. Those little victories are worth celebrating. I buy myself something after each one.
  • merph518
    Options
    Yeah. I'm not even halfway to my goal yet... but I'm already feeling so much better than I did at my heaviest. That alone is motivation enough to keep me going.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I am not sure the daunting part goes away easily. I have ~40 pounds to go and the idea of being a healthy weight still seems like a work of fiction considering I have been overweight or worse since before I was a teen.
  • merph518
    Options
    @maybe1pe Of course it is. Welcome to LL!

That's some pretty impressive loss -- especially keeping it off for 2 years. Feel free to jump in and participate wherever you're comfortable... I have a feeling you have a good amount of insight to offer from your experience.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Awesome progress. Finding your leanest livable weight range is certainly a trick!