Introduce Yourself

Replies

• alanmcj68
    alanmcj68 Posts: 68 Member
    I'm Alan, 5'10 and 299lbs. Started dieting again, after losing 65lbs and putting it ALL back on. Aiming to lose 100lb, and I'm more determined than ever. Lost 9lbs since I restarted!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Welcome to the Larger Losers group...we are a very supportive and motivational group...some are starting out,some have lost a substantial amount of weight and some are close to their goals!...the common factor is we all had or have a lot of weight to lose!...jump in anywhere and join the conversations!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Hi Alan.....glad you joined us.....I find this group most meaningful when I go off the rails and need some support, instead of listening to my own brain. We all have our own "fat brains" that can takeover if we're not careful.
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    Hi Nina and FrecklePatch-welcome to the group! Look forward to following with you on your journeys. Just getting started myself-about 2 months now. I read the posts almost every day (I don't post myself much). They are helpful.
    Luann
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you all so much for being so warm and welcoming! :)
  • khatmott
    khatmott Posts: 15 Member
    i'm Kellee im 5'3 or 161cm . im 282lbs or 128kg. Recently diagnosed with diabetes and wanting to get my sugars back in good range. Along the way i need to lose about 100-110lbs or about 65kg. hoping that i can find some accountability buddies in here
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    alanmcj68 wrote: »
    I'm Alan, 5'10 and 299lbs. Started dieting again, after losing 65lbs and putting it ALL back on. Aiming to lose 100lb, and I'm more determined than ever. Lost 9lbs since I restarted!

Hi @alanmcj68 Alan,

Welcome to LL.

What will you do differently this time?
  • NovusDies
    khatmott wrote: »
    i'm Kellee im 5'3 or 161cm . im 282lbs or 128kg. Recently diagnosed with diabetes and wanting to get my sugars back in good range. Along the way i need to lose about 100-110lbs or about 65kg. hoping that i can find some accountability buddies in here

Hi @khatmott Kellee,

Welcome.

Have you been referred to a registered dietitian yet? If not, it would be a good way to start getting the nutritional information you need. Certainly weight loss will help but so will diet (noun not verb).

We don't have an active accountability system within this group but I assume some members do that for each other through the news feed and private messaging.
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi Kellee, glad you joined us. Check the group regularly because we have a good group of core members who are active every day....hoping to see you here often!
  • NovusDies
    cgcdavis7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm here to lose anywhere from 65-85 more pounds from where I am right now. I stepped on my scale in May to see 295lb and was horrified. I remember a time in my life where I thought, "I will never see 200lb" and sure enough....I went right past that and had reached almost 300lb about 12 years later. I was scared and angry. I have dropped 38lb since then by working out consistently and monitoring/weighing everything I'm eating. I'm going to weigh in Saturday or Sunday and hope to see 255 and a 40lb loss!!

I am working so hard. Definitely have my weak days and am working to not beat myself up. I also struggle with missing grabbing a bag of chips or going out to eat and ordering whatever I want. This new lifestyle isn't roses and sunshine but I am getting healthier and stronger every single day. Nice to meet you all!

@cgcdavis7,

Welcome to LL.

I am a little concerned because depending on how much water weight you got rid of in the first week or so your rate of loss is about 3 pounds a week. While that can be supported by your starting weight if it is persisting you MAY be losing a little faster than you should. This could have health issue but it is more likely to add to your misery factor.

Is there a reason you do not eat chips? If they are hard to moderate for you I definitely understand but you should know that I have gotten much lighter, healthier, and stronger while continuing to eat a lot of treat food just in less portions than I did while gaining. Chips have off and on been almost a daily portion of my calories.

Glad you are here. Jump in anywhere.
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    cgcdavis7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm here to lose anywhere from 65-85 more pounds from where I am right now. I stepped on my scale in May to see 295lb and was horrified. I remember a time in my life where I thought, "I will never see 200lb" and sure enough....I went right past that and had reached almost 300lb about 12 years later. I was scared and angry. I have dropped 38lb since then by working out consistently and monitoring/weighing everything I'm eating. I'm going to weigh in Saturday or Sunday and hope to see 255 and a 40lb loss!!

I am working so hard. Definitely have my weak days and am working to not beat myself up. I also struggle with missing grabbing a bag of chips or going out to eat and ordering whatever I want. This new lifestyle isn't roses and sunshine but I am getting healthier and stronger every single day. Nice to meet you all!

@cgcdavis7,

Welcome to LL.

I am a little concerned because depending on how much water weight you got rid of in the first week or so your rate of loss is about 3 pounds a week. While that can be supported by your starting weight if it is persisting you MAY be losing a little faster than you should. This could have health issue but it is more likely to add to your misery factor.

Is there a reason you do not eat chips? If they are hard to moderate for you I definitely understand but you should know that I have gotten much lighter, healthier, and stronger while continuing to eat a lot of treat food just in less portions than I did while gaining. Chips have off and on been almost a daily portion of my calories.

Glad you are here. Jump in anywhere.

I'm under guidance with my doctor so I'm ok. I was stuffing my face with junk food and fast food and not moving so once I changed those things, the weight came off. I'm not in misery, just miss binge eating (when I say bag of chips I mean the large bag 😳) but I'm dealing with that through counseling. Thanks for your support and well wishes!
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    Hi all. 👋
    I started this journey needing to lose at least 51/2 stone or 77lb. I have so far lost 2 stone but it is getting harder. I have good days and bad days. I try to forgive my self the bad days and celebrate the good.
    It is hard but I am doing it.😁
  • Hi all. 👋
    I started this journey needing to lose at least 51/2 stone or 77lb. I have so far lost 2 stone but it is getting harder. I have good days and bad days. I try to forgive my self the bad days and celebrate the good.

It does get a little easier over time, I found. Eating better becomes a habit, as does moving more.

• alanmcj68
    alanmcj68 Posts: 68 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    alanmcj68 wrote: »

Hi @alanmcj68 Alan,

Welcome to LL.

What will you do differently this time?

I had a bit of upheaval at home, and just lost motivation. Let things slide. I am more determined this time not to let old habits come back.
  • margaretlunan2
    margaretlunan2 Posts: 864 Member
    welcome freckle patch, jin-rummy and 28Haveitall2020 glad to see you in the group
  • NovusDies
    Hi all. 👋

Hi @DeliciousAmbiguity1,

Welcome.

You have done well so far.

I encourage you to ask why a good day is good and a bad day is bad and not just accept that it should be that way. Sometimes it will obviously be that way because how a day goes is not always in our control. Some days though we do things just differently enough that it changes the outcome. If we can be more aware of these changes (good or bad) perhaps we can do more to promote the good and avoid the bad.

A classic example was early last week for me. I didn't pay close enough attention to the amount of protein I had for lunch and since that is how I control my hunger the best I ended up having a bad day because I didn't eat enough of it. As a result I was hungrier than normal and fought to keep myself in my calorie budget. I know this about myself but I slipped up. The "why" of my bad day was my inattention to detail.

Glad you are here. Hope you stick around and participate.
  • southernskeeter
    southernskeeter Posts: 26 Member
    Hi all, I am Cindy. I am 51and started MFP on July 15, 2020. I had a heart attack on 7/5/20 with cardiac arrest. My weight starting was 339lbs. I am now 316 ( yes 23lbs in a month is a lot, I had a stomach bug for a week so no appetite) MFP started me at 1600 calories, and then after the first 10 lbs lost changed it to 1530. My dr has me at 2000mg of sodium or less. I have struggled with eating enough calories, many days hitting between 650 and 900. I know, NOT GOOD. I eat but I don't eat high-calorie food. I am also diabetic so have to watch carbs and with the heart attack have to watch cholesterol. It is a lot to watch. I eat enough that I'm not hungry but the calories don't equal enough. I was just the hospital this past weekend (Thursday to Monday) for a kidney infection and BP med adjustment. on top of all that I have anxiety brought on by worrying about meeting my nutrition goals for the day. Basically I am a mess! I struggle daily. I do the best I can and sometimes just feel like its not enough. my dr in the hospital suggested Glycerna shakes/drinks for the protein and calories and help with sugar control. So far (3 days now) it seems to be ok. I look forward to food ideas, encouragement, and overall just a place that I can write my days highs or lows without criticism.
  • Chibike64
    Chibike64 Posts: 65 Member
    Hi all, I’m new to the group. I am 57 and started my journey on MFP over 1500 days ago and counting. My starting weight was 320lbs and through following the process I am currently at 226lbs and my doctor says to go down to 180lbs. I actively practice intermittent fasting and stay within my mfp allotted calories allowance but of course, life happens sometimes 😛. I try to walk a minimum of 10k steps using my Fitbit tracker. I have had my ups and downs in the past 4 years, but I always get back on track. I consciously chose to lose it the slow way this time around ( ofcourse this is not my first rodeo 😁) I still struggle with food but I am much more aware of what goes into my body now. I try to log my intake ahead of time, that way I am able to visualize my intake. Exercising was tough for me at the onset, but with persistence it has gotten easier. I recall that my first mile took me about 28 minutes to complete🙈, but now I can run a 10 minute mile. I started this journey because my doctor put me on medication for my high blood pressure and said that if I did not lose the weight I may likely be on medication to control it for life. Well, since I lost the weight, he has removed the medications 😀. I look forward to helping hold someone’s hand as they navigate through their own journey.