edited June 2022
    Options
    At 104.... I have my doubts!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    At 104.... I have my doubts!

Maybe parboiling 🥵tomorrow? The forecast is 107F with humidity about 70%.
    I’ll head for the gym around 6:30am. Maybe a quick run to the store mid morning. But after that I plan on hibernating.

Dreaming about that first cool day sometime late November when I can open a window again.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    All the precooking is done. I'm a little surprised by this as so often I keep having to work at it into the following week. Huh. It means I can actually use my Sunday to tidy up downstairs and do laundry and generally get him ready for the work week.

It's looking like Girlfriend will be able to get her associate's degree by next spring, and then she'll go to the state school to finish it as a bachelor's. (The trade school and the state school are linked; all her credits will transfer.) So she's making good progress.

We also realized that the reason she's having manic episodes is a medication interaction, and she's going to have a telehealth appointment with her psychiatrist to talk about this as soon as I can set one up on Monday.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Progress Alexandra, progress!

Two realtors have proposed that dad lists at more than 17% price difference. I finally convinced him to get a third opinion instead of just listing with the higher. There WAS a bias issue with the higher priced suggestion because he blabbed to the realtor what he was hoping for and it is not unknown for realtors to worry about getting the listing first and then just work on lowering the price.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Progress Alexandra, progress!

Two realtors have proposed that dad lists at more than 17% price difference. I finally convinced him to get a third opinion instead of just listing with the higher. There WAS a bias issue with the higher priced suggestion because he blabbed to the realtor what he was hoping for and it is not unknown for realtors to worry about getting the listing first and then just work on lowering the price.

The longer the house sits on the market, the longer dad will be paying for upkeep, utilities and taxes for a house he is not occupying. And there will be new expenses at his new residence. I learned this lesson from my 10 military moves often trying to juggle cost of two residences. Having to travel back and forth too. Not worth the few extra dollars for the hassle. Price it reasonably and move it along.

Otherwise - my day will begin at the gym. Then hunkering down in the AC with a cool drink 🍹.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Jeeze, you go AWOL for one lousy week and people think you've gone to ground!

Well...I did actually sorta go to ground...I was not at all happy with my eating during BIL's visit...I was like a woman possessed!
    • The good news is that BIL left directly after breakfast on Friday.
    • The bad news is that at Saturday's weigh-in I was 2.6kg higher than when he arrived on Monday.
    • The good news is that this hasn't sent me into a tailspin...I know that even despite my overindulgences, I DID NOT eat 21,000 excess calories in 4 days. My worst day was 2000 above maintenance, the other days were about 1000 above maintenance, so the most I should genuinely have gained is 1.5lbs.
    • The bad news is that my eating felt out of control for the 4 days he was here.
    • The good news is that I weighed, measured and logged every single guilty bite...including every lick, sip, taste, crumb or nibble.
    • The bad news is that even the logging didn't halt me in my tracks.
    • The good news is that took myself and Norman off for a long walk every day while he was here, so at least I burned some calories.
    • The bad news is that it'll probably take at least a couple of weeks for my weight to stabilise at its pre-visit level.
    • The good news is that between yesterday and today I appear to have lost 1.0kg of the 2.6kgs I gained...
    • The bad news is that I still have 1.6kgs to go...
    • The good news is that I got straight back on plan once he'd gone, and I had solid deficit days both Friday and Saturday (and today's looking good too...)
    • The bad news is that I've been crushingly lazy since he left, as I felt wiped out after nearly a week of less than 3 hours sleep per night and too much booze
    • The good news is that I don't feel the need to obsessively exercise for hours at high intensity to try to get rid of the 1.6kg in record-quick time
    • The bad news is that I have a camping trip on the horizon, at a place with a fantastic cafe/tea shop...
    • The good news is that we've deferred it a few days, which means I have a whole week to regain a little equilibrium before we head under canvas...I need the time to give myself a pep talk so that I don't espy the teashop and then start overdosing on cake and mainlining sugar.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Happy to have our possessed woman back! 👹
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well so much for the gym. The staff girl could not get her key to work. She was waiting for a locksmith! 😤 It would be another hour, so I left and walked the entire length of the giant grocery store three time. Better than nothing and walking outdoors is impossible. 🔥🔥🔥
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Well so much for the gym. The staff girl could not get her key to work. She was waiting for a locksmith! 😤 It would be another hour, so I left and walked the entire length of the giant grocery store three time. Better than nothing and walking outdoors is impossible. 🔥🔥🔥

I hear you!….it is 96 here and 100% humidity….hot is an understatement!….like you, I can’t wait until cooler weather in Nov. or Dec…..I also make extra trips to the grocery store to walk inside where it is cool…summers are getting hotter every year!…I miss not having a pool in our yard….although we have a pool installer coming this week to give us an estimate!….I don’t have much hope as we have huge Live Oak trees in the backyard and we do not want to remove them….maybe a small pool, I don’t know!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile here is the weather in temperate Norfolk... in Fahrenheit for you non- Europeans!

tit3fcyvnaaa.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Glorious! I’m moving there’s immediately. Hubby may miss me?
    Options
    That sounds like what we were enjoying last week in Indiana.

Now, of course, it's 87 and very humid. (sigh) It's a good thing I'm done standing over a hot stove for a bit. Dinner tonight is going to be chicken quesadillas, which is a lovely easy thing on a hot day.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    CCCGG is despairing of me ever braving the crazy temperatures there. I knew there was a reason I am not heading back!

Run into high school yearbook. I was gifted a new pair of downhill skis and a rifle so I could defend myself from any stray polar bears... hmmm.....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    But CCCGG at any temperature might be worth the sacrifice. I’m here in Texas only because of 🥰 hubby. Sometimes you just have to go the extra mile!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    It's 101 here today. Looking at 104 tomorrow. 10 day forecast shows around 100 every day.
    Options
    We're looking at a week in the low nineties with humidity in the low eighties. That's enough for me. Bleah.

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I have a friend here visiting from your end of the country, PAV. It's been a crazy week. She's picking up a rental car and a couple of hours and venturing around southern Ontario to see other friends for the next week.
    My office doubles as a guest room... I have a heck of a time using my phone for posting but it feels weird to venture in there to use my desktop while she's sleeping 🙂

Can't imagine the heat where you are at, Yoolie!

Glad everyone in your family is on the mend and that your vacation was overall good, Connie!

PAV, You're such good support for us all. How are things going for you right now?

I actually can't wait to log my food today. Some kind of reverse psychology going on in my head. 🙂
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Off to the airport later today to pick up son. Hoping he had a good time as this was his first out of town trip in three years!
    At home hubby is getting ready for his routine colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The prep is nasty and he can’t eat solids today so I have a hangry, irritable old man to deal with. He’s not happy with following instructions. For better or worse ……
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie, scrambling to schedule the re schedules
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Hope you are resuccessful!

So...my NSL for today (non scale loss) is my freakin' neighbour, Bob. Who I have got to know a bit better during covid - because he is in his eighties, and alone, so I was picking up things midweek for him from the grocery store (his son did a weekend grocery store run for him). Anyway, Bob, who is 84 and lonely (widowed the year before covid) lives a few doors away from me - and he keeps an eye out his front door to catch you if you are walking by, and calls you over to stop for a chat. I always stop in and ask him if he needs anything from the grocery store when I walk by.
    Today he stopped by my house for the first time when I was sitting in the backyard with another neighbour friend, John. I invited Bob to joine us. He said "okay" and followed that with "You have to stop eating so much."
    ***kitten*** *** kitten***
    I asked him why he would say such a thing, and then asked him to leave before he stepped in past the gate. Just didn't have it in me to deal with that.
    Bob isn't a trim man himself.
    Nor a SMART man, apparently.
    And I know I've gained weight.
    And I was wearing a "sleeveless" tshirt and a skirt that is a bit snugger than I would like. Not particularly flattering clothing.
    But.
    ***kitten***
    Why are people such jerks?
    And though I know I shouldn't let it. His words brought on a wicked wave of self loathing not so well remedied by the purchase of two hamsters when I went out to stock back up on some healthy food choices now that my friend has left for the week.
    ***kitten***
    No more grocery runs for Bob.