Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 thanks for the reminder that I do NOT have to eat the entire portion. I've been looking at the nutrition facts and freaking out over 1,000 calories per entree and completely ignoring the fact that I can take half of it home.
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @amart4224 This weekend is a few days away so there's plenty of time to pre-plan and figure out what feels comfortable for you! For me, pre-planning and pre-logging takes a lot of the pressure off and helps me just enjoy the experience.

I've taken people up on Cheesecake Factory takeout a couple of times over the last 6 months and it's totally doable. The biggest benefit of chain restaurants is the easily available nutrition facts. Cheesecake Factory has a large, calorie-friendly menu available, too. I actually really love the turkey and avocado sandwich and it clocks in at 540 calories and the steak medallions are alright and they're 440 calories. They also do lower cal cheesecake options which are about half the calories of their typical 1000+ cal slices. I haven't tried those but they could be a good option, especially if you eat half at the restaurant and bring half home as a treat for the next day.

Even with the whole slice, going for their lighter options can easily get you a full meal in less than 1100 cals, which is pretty good for a chain restaurant, especially when a slice of their cheesecake tends to be more than that by itself. Feel free to fuss around with your calories the rest of the week, too. I usually eat a little lighter for a day or two before meals that I know will be a little larger. Your body doesn't know when one day ends and another begins!
  • amart4224
    Options
    @emmyjaykay all good suggestions, thank you! I think most of the reason why this scenario has me more freaked out than anything I've encountered so far is that my typical eating style is "grazing" on numerous low cal meals/snacks each day. So the idea of blowing over 1,000 cals on a single meal is foreign. But I WILL plan ahead and I WILL make this work with my goals and I WILL have a good time doing it!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory also has light entres’.....I would just order cheesecake and pass on the meal lol
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    amart4224 wrote: »
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 thanks for the reminder that I do NOT have to eat the entire portion. I've been looking at the nutrition facts and freaking out over 1,000 calories per entree and completely ignoring the fact that I can take half of it home.

That's one blessing for me in not being a volume eater: I will HAVE to take the rest home. There's no way I can stuff a full restaurant portion down without physical pain and nausea at this point. (I know people say your stomach doesn't shrink, but it sure gets cranky about expanding past a point that it's used to!) Sure, it's 1200 calories, but if you can only manage a third of it at a time, that's only 400 and very doable.

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would also plan to “bank” some calories through the week. Eat a little under all week so that you have a little more to play with this weekend. I also try to up my exercise through the week which earns me some extra calories.

I am so glad there is not a Cheesecake Factory near me. I love their fried Mac and cheese balls smothered in marinara sauce. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Getting up this morning to see that the scale had dropped back down to 226.9 lbs from the 231.5 yesterday is a relief. I"m still not thrilled that my trend weight in HappyScale has increased from 220 lbs at the beginning of October to 229 lbs today. So much for trying to slide into maintenance and hold it there; I'll be spending November just trying to get back to where I was the first of October.

Meanwhile, while I might have groused that I was going to fast yesterday, I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. At least I did stay under my calorie count. This morning wasn't even an option - I woke up very hungry. My overnight steel cut oats with peaches and cinnamon were very, very good, especially on this cold morning!

I did stop at Walmart yesterday and picked up 4 sets of thermal undies along with a couple pair of socks with rubber on the bottom. Though the forecast looks better as the week goes on; its getting back up to the 60's for the daytime highs which was better than the 40's yesterday! and at least the wind has laid down.
    Options
    We went out and voted after Boyfriend's therapy appointment, and then came home and I have been sitting down and basically managing my anxiety all afternoon, and that's what I'll do all evening. I am unashamedly using food to do it, and not giving myself grief about it because tomorrow I'll be okay.
  • amart4224
    Options
    I've been repeating this to myself all day: you are not hungry, you are just bored. The cabin fever is hitting hard today. Spent an hour wandering around a bookstore just to get out of the house, and somehow still have hours to kill before bedtime....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I do not think I will be swimming much today as it is expected to rain....there is a storm in the Gulf of Mexico and will be nasty all week....so today I am taking a semi rest day and only doing things that have to be done....made the bed, picked up, dishwasher,cooking,etc....and of course the Bucs are on Sunday night NFL....
    Options
    We went out and had tacos (a la lengua! Nom!) and then came home and I had a nap because I felt a headache coming on. I still sort of have it.

There's some laundry to fold and more dishes to do this evening, and I need to start planning the next five-week menu cycle, but I really just want to play games and read and not do ANYTHING. Bleah.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I was doing better Thursday & Friday, but while I love the talks with the best friend, this weekend's long talks killed me on the diet front. I got in a long walk on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but because of little sleep due to the conversations, over eating was a problem, especially yesterday.

I know, its my fault, but I can't do anything about it now but try once again to get back on track. And give my voice a break - I've talked so much this weekend, I'm now hoarse!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I was doing better Thursday & Friday, but while I love the talks with the best friend, this weekend's long talks killed me on the diet front. I got in a long walk on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but because of little sleep due to the conversations, over eating was a problem, especially yesterday.

I know, its my fault, but I can't do anything about it now but try once again to get back on track. And give my voice a break - I've talked so much this weekend, I'm now hoarse!

I am thinking of you and sending you good vibes if that helps!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit better today. I haven't needed to sleep as much (such a delicate balance of sleeping to manage anxiety, but making myself get up to manage depression), I've forced myself to sit out in the sun a bit, and I was actually able to easily stick to my calorie goal yesterday!

Going to try to plan a solid day of meals and treats today as well. I want to get my protein in starting early in the day and plan for a post-dinner treat (orange fennel cake, ice cream sandwich, or halo top oatmeal cookie ice cream). Lunch will be either leftover smoked pork shoulder or the last of the lamb, supper will be roasted cauliflower and lentil tacos.

There is no more good snacking food in the house (because I ate it all), so that temptation is gone. Well, except for some Oreos, that my husband kindly put on a shelf I can't reach. That way if I want one, I have to ask him to get it for me lol.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I got more sleep last night; in fact, I was in bed by 8 PM and fully asleep before 9. I do remember waking up several times through the night, though. I still didn't get up before 6:30. I hope to get a walk in this morning, even if that will push my workday to 6 pm. Its cloudy out there and rain is supposed to be setting in by this evening. I did get a 4 mile walk in yesterday after taking that 1/2 day to get some chores done outside. I finally got the tarp put over my camper and tied down, though that was a beast - it was a very thick 12x30 heavy duty tarp and it was a bear to get across that camper by myself, especially since my camper is homemade from house metal and thus the corners are sharp - I had to be careful not to tear it, and I admit, cussing was involved at certain points of the process.....I'm not one to cuss and wouldn't do it in public, but you know, sometimes one or two curse words really do make you feel better lol

I also got up on my lawnmower shed roof and put some more sealant down as I noticed there was a spot on the ceiling in there that looked like it has been staying wet. That was a big deal for me because I have a really hard time with ladders - climbing up beyond the 3rd step is almost a phobia for me. I hate heights anyway, but once I'm on the roof, its not so bad as long as I stay clear of the edge, but getting onto the roof from a ladder has always taken an extreme amount of willpower that I don't always succeed at. I guess its the ladder that's the biggest problem - ladders are always so shaky anyway.

So there was plenty of sunshine therapy this weekend, though I was cursing the sunshine yesterday while trying to get that tarp over the camper as the sun was right in my face. I hope to get a walk in this morning too, even if it will push my work day to 6 pm because its supposed to start raining this evening and will be raining through Thursday morning. I also need to get the house vaccuum, the bathroom cleaned, and I still desperately need to dust. Outside, I still need to put together my chicken house, though I suppose I should put the dog kennel the chicken house is going into together first and that's going to be a chore as I've never put one together before (I'm not a dog person) and my brother has already told me its hard to do it by yourself. Right now, my brother is promising to come help on Saturday as he is bringing the kids over for my dad's birthday; we'll see if it gets done.

Though that reminds me - if he's coming Saturday to put the dog kennel together with me, I need to get that side of the shed painted!

On the depression front, I'm back to the numb feeling, but at least I'm not swimming in the depressed feelings themselves. I'll take numb! I've gotten a lot of sunshine this weekend, though we won't be having any for the next 3 days, unfortunately. This is the best friend's long work week too, which is a mixed blessing - no long talks, but then again, that leaves me some time to get a few things done, if I can get the gumption up to do them!

Options
    I got the front room properly done, complete with moving the furniture the cat hides under (so I could deal with the pile of hair she leaves behind) and got the backlog of dishes washed up, and I'll get that all put away and the kitchen swept and mopped before dinner. I'm intending to do the library too, but we'll see; I've done a lot today and I'm starting to want to just sit.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another solid day! Mentally was doing better, food-wise did great. I had pre-logged and planned on some roasted cauliflower and lentil tacos for supper, but husband got busy doing other things and ran out of time/energy/space to cook them. So we ended up ordering a pizza. My new pizza order is actually okay on calories (thin crust hawaiian with less cheese), so I was still able to make this fit in my calories for the day!

My weight is finally trending back down a bit (198.6 today). I got caught up on a ton of work stuff that has been plaguing me for ages. I did some evening yoga. Generally productive!

Today is catching up on more work stuff and planning my food again. It is supposed to rain the next few days, so also trying to come up with a plan to get some sunlight (dig out my UV light) and fresh air (work from the porch).
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I got my dishes done yesterday but that was it. I spent the evening working on updating the story timeline with all the info the friend and I conjured up over the weekend and formatting it so I could copy it from excel where I prefer to work to Word that she has (she's not real computer savvy and doesn't have excel on her PC; which reminds me: I have an old copy of Excel 2003 that I use on my current PC; the next time I go down to visit her, I need to take it with me and install it on her machine. How does one live without excel? lol)

Today is going to be iffy. Like with eliezalot, its going to rain here the entire day, so no outside work at all - including, unfortunately, painting the side of that building. My brother has promised to come Saturday and help me put the kennel together and I asked if we could just put it together in the driveway and then move it into place and he says yes, so I might be able to leave it in parking area behind my house (I have a large graveled pad back there big enough to park several cars) until I can get that side of the building painted, and then have dad come over with his tractor and pull it into place for me.

I might be able to stir up enough gumption to do the house cleaning I need to do; at the very least, vacuum and clean the bathrooms, and maybe steam mop the house. Doubt dusting will get done though. Maybe - and that's a big maybe - I'll get a cardio video in today; we'll see.

The diet front is also going to be iffy - its only 8 am and I'm already feeling snacky. I've so fair only had a piece of toast with peanut butter and my first coffee, and I'm about to refill the coffee (which gets milk put into it) but I want to munch. I still haven't had breakfast, but I hate to eat it this early because I know I'll be hungry again come 10 AM and it won't be time for lunch by then; I try to space my eating throughout the day. I don't want today to become an overage day - I did well on Monday and Tuesday and want to continue that today, but Monday and Tuesday both got me calories from a 4 mile walk to add back in; I'm not going to get anything close to that today :(
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Oh, and my weight was down 4 lbs from yesterday! I did not realize I was carrying that much water weight! So 224.7 lbs is way, way better than the 231.1 that was recorded on Monday and the 228.6 recorded yesterday!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I ended the day today not too bad. I did get my house cleaned which earned me a few extra calories. After church, I stopped at McDonald's for a decaf coffee and instead of milk like usual, I put 2 creams in because I new I had extra calories to cover that. they didn't put the ice like I asked and they didn't put the sweetener in, either *sigh* and when I got home and put both in myself, I had to throw the bottom of it out because it had coffee grinds in it - nothing worse than taking a swig of coffee and getting a mouth full of grinds!

I still wanted a snack but instead of getting a bar or eating bread or something, I opted for a can of cherries. When I counted back in some of my cleaning calories, I ended up over only by about 16 calories which statistically is nothing. So not bad.

Tomorrow is going to be tough and I'm just going to have to accept I'm going to be over. It's dad's birthday so mom is fixing dinner, and being dad's favorites it will be stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, some other vegetable, and who knows what else. On top of that, a friend always brings him a pineapple upside cake for his birthday, and she don't even try to lower the calorie count. I'm going to have to completely opt out of that. Dinner will be bad enough; I know I won't be able to hold onto 500+ calories for a slice of cake!