Share Your Day

Replies

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Happy Anniversary @conniewilkins56 !!!

I've taken a few weeks off, unplanned. Between work and the world and boys I couldn't stay on track. I didn't go completely off the rails I stuck to my two major rules so that's a win but I have learned I haven't completely conquered the food monster. All in all I'm glad to be back.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Today was our 45 th Anniversary....we had a quiet day and our daughter fixed dinner for us....I passed on the cake because I was so full from the pasta shells and we ate dinner pretty late...I had my snacks earlier during football games so I was pretty full before we ate....the kids will devour the cake so it won’t be wasted...who wastes chocolate cake?....I went swimming early so I got my exercise done, too...tomorrow we will start on another new year together!

congratulations, @conniewilkins56! that's a big milestone!
  • Well, my mom decided she'd rather do Thanksgiving on the day, which is fine with me, it gives me four extra days. That's all planned out, and I ordered some cup for cup gluten free flour so that I can bake cookies to have as Thanksgiving dessert. I'm going to do straight sugar and chocolate chip, because that way I can send the remainder home to Eldest.

Mom is coming, Younger is coming, but Eldest has other guys in his welding class who don't believe in masks, so he is voluntarily quarantining himself in his bedroom suite and masking when he does have to be in a room with Mom and his little brother. Which I appreciate; Mom is in her seventies and doing very well but still in her seventies. But I will call him after we have dinner and pack up food for him according to what he wants, and she will take it home for him. And that works for me. As long as I get to feed both my boys, I'm good.
  • bmeadows380
    Things are looking up for me, even if its Monday morning. The last 2 weeks, the scale has finally stabilized and started back down again-in fact, I've been dropping water weight like crazy. I was over maintenance levels on Friday alone, but while I was still over deficit on Saturday and Sunday, I stayed under maintenance on those days. The rest of the week was where I should have been. And I got a 7.5 mile walk in on Saturday in addition to chores, so I may have actually burned off those extra calories anyway!

The scale was down 10 lbs from last Monday's reading - I wasn't kidding when I said the water weight was going off! I did not know I was carrying that around!

The next 2 weeks will be short weeks at work *yeah!* I'm taking Thursday and Friday off this week to take my cousin on a long weekend getaway for a sanity check as she's been under a lot of stress lately and needs the break desperately. It also means I get a long weekend too! The weather is supposed to be pretty but cold, so I should get a walk in, and I think I'm going to take my sewing machine and get the toys put together I plan to make for my niece and nephew for Christmas to get that out of the way.

And of course next week is Thanksgiving week, so we get Thursday and Friday off then, too!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Ditto on the short work weeks. I leave at noon on Thursday this week and am off every day except Tuesday next week. I'm burning all my vacation time, anticipating that I may decide to quit after Thanksgiving. Still a lot of decisions to be made in that regard, but if it does happen, at least I won't be giving up any PTO.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    I’m struggling to find low cal no or low carb snacks that aren’t weird or expensive.

If you read my doom and gloom post you know I’m bored.

I’ve been toying with writing a children’s book for a few years so I’m going to get started on that. If nothing else, it will occupy my time.

I’ve also taken up watercolors so that’s something that is fun and keeps my mind occupied as well.

I’m not looking to start a job until January but I’m determined to find a great job and not settle for something so I am sending my resume out sparingly.

I’ve been toying with joining LA fitness for the indoor pool. We have an outdoor on here but it’s not heated and even being in Florida it’s too cold to swim without heated water.

I haven’t been swimming at all this year because COVID rules we have to reserve the lap pool and I’ve been on a waitlist for months now it’s too cold.

I’m worried about loose skin. I want to swim because I love it plus I think that will help a little with toning and overall body comp. I hate all other exercise.

I’ve been also looking into FA, OA, FAA but I’m not convinced I belong to those groups. Yes I have an eating disorder but I truly believe in CICO so these groups call success abstaining from sugar etc. that’s not my idea of success.

Success to me is managing my food an emotions not having them run my life.

I cannot afford therapy but I am trying to get to the root cause of why I am such a disordered eater and a food addict.

Writing too much xoxo
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am the Queen of snacking!...if you check out my food diary, most days I eat more snack calories than meal ones!....I like popcorn, diced gala apples, rice cakes, cheese sticks, occasionally peanut butter on rice cakes, Halo ice cream pints, WW fudge bars, skinny cow drumsticks, old Wisconsin meat sticks, trisquits etc....I have snacks every single day....I don’t eat breakfast so that does give me extra calories....I dislike almost all breakfast foods...if I have errands to run and I know lunch will be late, I might have a string cheese or rarely cereal...

I love to exercise in the pool...I hate sweating and I can’t move as well on dry land...I have been doing some Richard Simmons videos to fill in and they do make you move!

I have Binge Eating disorder and I have to control it myself...some days are harder than others...I have to learn to live with it and that is just the way it is...I keep thinking it will get easier the longer I lose weight...some days I have to count success one hour at a time....I have to remember how horrible I felt at 350 lbs...how hard it was to get around and how depressed I was...

Loose skin is going to be a problem...so far it isn’t bad....I use Aveena body moisturizing lotion every night after my shower and I do a full body sugar scrub once a week...I also use Oli of Olay night cream and day cream every single day....I use a loofa to wash with and really work my hips,arms,thighs and stomach....I also do about 30 stomach tightening scrunches laying in bed before sleep...my doctor recently told me I might not like the way my body looks when I am finished losing weight but I can worry about that later and I will be so much healthier!...the first thing is lose the weight and then you can fix what needs fixed....

I have watched your progress since you started and I am rooting for you to succeed....it’s a long journey but so worth it...this is such a supportive group and it’s a great place to share because no one judges you!

How many steps are you getting a day?...I recently jumped from 2500 to 4500 without noticing it...I used to get less than 2000 a day...please let me know if I can help you with anything on here!

Stay strong my friend!
  • bmeadows380
    I enjoyed rice cakes sometimes - a cheese rice cake with salsa and a little fat free sour cream is a great snack. And I like to use low calorie Simply Hershey syrup which is 20 calories on a plain or chocolate or even caramel rice cake. Can even top with low cal whipped cream - 2 Tbsp of cool whip is only 25 calories.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Wait. I am not allowed to eat weird snacks?
  • So far today: Three loads of laundry, put together a flat-pack nightstand with two drawers, made burritos for lunch, went to the home improvement store and got a hook for the kitchen towels and a board of hooks for the bathroom, and put up the kitchen towel hook, made char sui boneless pork ribs, vegetable fried rice, crab rangoon, and hot and sour soup for dinner, and am going to do the dishes and clean out the refrigerator after I get done licking my lips and saying "Holy effing shirt, that was good....Wow..."

And, oh, dear. I have leftover char sui pork. (sigh) Guess we'll just have to have pork fried rice for lunch next week.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    So far today: Three loads of laundry, put together a flat-pack nightstand with two drawers, made burritos for lunch, went to the home improvement store and got a hook for the kitchen towels and a board of hooks for the bathroom, and put up the kitchen towel hook, made char sui boneless pork ribs, vegetable fried rice, crab rangoon, and hot and sour soup for dinner, and am going to do the dishes and clean out the refrigerator after I get done licking my lips and saying "Holy effing shirt, that was good....Wow..."

And, oh, dear. I have leftover char sui pork. (sigh) Guess we'll just have to have pork fried rice for lunch next week.

Don't mind me, I'm just moving into your basement to help eat all that delicious food...

Would you be willing to share recipes for any of this? Hot and sour soup is one of our favorites, and I've never tried to make it!
  • amart4224
    It's day 1 of my 4 day weekend and it started off right by continuing my post- TOM whoosh with another drop on the scale. I'm going to be getting some cleaning done this morning - dust furniture, sweep floors, do a couple loads of laundry - while I wait for the delivery men to come with a couple of packages that will need to be signed for. After that I'm going to go check out a couple of department stores and maybe buy a new pair of shoes or a couple of tops. When it gets to the warmest part of the day around 3 or 4, I will get the dogs out for a walk and maybe a trip to the dog park.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited November 2020
    I can share any recipes you want. Hot and sour soup is pretty easy. Sent privately.
  • Well, they delivered the mattress today, so I made the bed, admired how nice it looks, and then put a plain dark-colored queen-size blanket over the whole thing. The cats WILL sleep on it, being cats, and that way when company comes I can just take the blanket off. I also got the sunroom swept, so the cats can now go out there, shred the carpet on their scratching posts a bit more, kick litter out of the cat box, and shed vigorously so that by Thanksgiving it'll look like I never touch it. (wry grin)

Next on the agenda is eating lunch. Boyfriend woke up with a migraine, and is lying back down. It's quarter to eleven, and Girlfriend hasn't yet gotten up. I did go in at 8:15 with her meds, and she woke up and took them, but went back to sleep, so okay. They can have food whenever they get up.

Then I intend to hang the new set of hooks in the bathroom upstairs, giving us somewhere to hang clothes when we change in there. In colder weather, we have a tiny heater in there that can get the room nice and warm, and when I'm sleeping in clothing due to cold, I'm not changing in a cold room! I have Raynauds, so I need to keep my feet and hands convinced that they are warm.

After that, I need to take things out of the freezer and put them back in in better order. At the same time I'll get the turkey out and move it to the garage fridge to start defrosting safely. I always roast my turkey ahead of time. That way by the day of, I have the carcass stewed for all the turkey broth I can possibly need, and since we don't carve at the table, it doesn't matter. I rewarm it in the turkey roaster in a 9 x 13 pan covered tightly with foil, and with plenty of broth from the neck in the pan over it to keep it moist. Then when it's time I just have to put the turkey meat nicely on a platter with a meat fork and serve it forth.

I also want to make gluten-free brownies today, using my recipe. The ones I did last night were crappy, and I wouldn't serve them to anyone, they'd embarrass me.

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Yesterday was such a nice day. I biked into DC to meet my coworkers for an outdoor lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. Since two of the four of us were laid off (their last day is in two weeks), this was our last team lunch together. And we went All. Out. (Especially since work was paying!) Appetizers, steak, sodas, desserts. I ate more appetizers than I planned, and had two house made sodas (mango-coconut!). I ate just a little over half my entree and dessert, and brought the rest home for my husband. By my estimates I was a little over maintenance calories for the day (even with the 2 hours of biking included), but that is just a wild guess. I try to overestimate when I do meals out. I'm calling it a success because 1. I biked to give myself more calories, 2. I didn't eat everything on my plate and stopped before I was overwhelmingly full, and 3. I didn't snack later in the evening. I'm feeling great today, am about to go for a run, and looking forward to a relaxing and productive weekend. I'm just a little bummed that I gave husband my leftover cheesecake dessert, because that would be an amazing breakfast right now!
  • _inHisGrace
    Grocery shopped today. Got everything for Thanksgiving and planned well for myself for the week.

I decided to get some light soup to switch things up a bit for lunches. I also got some green peppers to dip into the garlic and onion cream cheese instead of on a pita to help cut my carbs down a little.

Still swollen today but less than yesterday!
  • I've been dusting and polishing the shelves of the big built-in bookcase, and have finally got it all done. We have a lot of books in there to dust. It really has to be done every three months or so. Also made a batch of dough for sugar cookies, which I intend to bake tonight.
  • amart4224
    Today is looking like possibly the last nice, 60+ degrees and dry day for the foreseeable future so I plan to take full advantage and go check out a hiking trail I haven't been on yet. As always, one of the dogs will accompany me for added fun and a modicum of safety.

I've already given myself a manicure this morning so my nails will be looking nice when I visit my parents. Still trying to decide if I'll just go for the day of Thanksgiving, or if I'll haul the dogs up to their house and stay a few days.

The only other thing on my agenda is setting up my new laptop and doing some serious job hunting. The job boards have been sparse lately, I'm sure due to the time of year and the current economic conditions, so I'll really have to dig to find some openings.
  • _inHisGrace
    Today I’m going to be ok with how I look. Not doing the fat and ugly self talk.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Today I’m going to be ok with how I look. Not doing the fat and ugly self talk.

Well, you are very cute and you look nice....I hope you had a nice day and didn’t stress!...I just about wore myself out worrying if I could keep from binging!...but so far, so good....I could still go off the rails because the night is young!....nah, I am good!