Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Went to his mom's house and picked up the cats, who are all very happy to be home, and then made lunch and drove downtown to pick the prescription up for Girlfriend. (roll eyes) I do not know what is going on or why it couldn't be sent to the pharmacy that is five minutes from the house instead of a thirty-five minute drive, but okay, whatever. She has her meds. Picked up Boyfriend's meds at the local pharmacy, came home, and laid down because I felt overstimulated. Got up and made dinner. Am now deciding what I want to do after dinner; Boyfriend is teaching, and I don't like to make a ton of noise and banging in the house when he's working. I may play a video game.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I got my first set of labs back today - I'm healthy! Waiting on lipids, but A1C is looking great.

I took a lunch walk down to the grocery store and swung by our local coffee shop on the way back to pick up some fresh beans (okay, and a bagel and peach iced tea). The weather has been sunny and perfect, and it was so nice to be outside. I'll get a few more hours of work done today, then work on supper. I might spend a few hours working in the garden this evening too.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a great day and great news on your good health!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Sorry to read this about your dog....Willow was the puppy from Hell but she has become a great adult dog....she still has her “ moments “ but they happen less often....at 2 years old she weighs about 85 pounds, she is smart and very spoiled....overweight , too...she loves the entire family but especially my daughter who is her main care taker....she does not like other people or other dogs....she ate a lot of grass last week, too and was sick a couple of days....maybe it’s a doggie flu!....I hope your dog feels better soon....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Tummy upset (or something eaten) sometime leads to grass eating to coat it and help it pass through. Do you have trail areas/off road areas near to where you're at? Walking Skylar on "city property" is a pain in the *kitten* because she will start / stop sniff / pull on the leash to get to somewhere / get dragged by me to get going .... or... just heel but then there is hardly any excitement or benefit for her.

But I regularly take her to a couple of forested areas / trails nearby and she goes bonkers chasing interactive toys. The only issue being that I'm occasionally late in saving said interactive toys from the interaction. Which has made me quite sad on a couple of occasions.

Our current major play friends are the beaver we've been stalking for two years now, and his new girlfriend who just moved in! :smiley: Err... Skylar mostly sleeps... and apparently maintains a database of trees where squirrels have previously been spotted that have to be revisited on the off chance the squirrel is half asleep... :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    And bunnies.....one bunny can cause a major accident for whoever is unlucky enough to be holding Willows leash!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    And bunnies.....one bunny can cause a major accident for whoever is unlucky enough to be holding Willows leash!

Skylar actually ended up causing me skinned knees and a shoulder injury that lasted a few months when she first arrived. She was a jail-house rescue at about 2-3 years old because of being too much of a handful for two or three previous owners who kept giving her back to the shelter... little 55-60lb bullet can accelerate and if there is no "elasticity" at the end... it gets quite jarring! Husky Border Collie mix.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Husky Pittbull here called Pitsky!....she is so strong....has pulled me down more than once....I will have to share how Willow actually started me on MFP !
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Went to the store today, and have been precooking. So I have pork chunks in a Thai peanut sauce in the freezer, chopped bacon for a future quichecake, thinly sliced sirloin for Beef Stroganoff, cooked up hamburger with seasonings for taco meat (mild taco meat, this time; I make both hot and mild meat) and made baked ravioli for dinner for us girls; Boyfriend opted for a chicken cheese bacon barbecue sandwich. I blame the fact that he was sitting there smelling the bacon as it cooked!

I have a quichecake to make (Sausage, spinach, mushrooms) and a pork loin to slice, but I am sitting down for a bit because I would like to not overshoot my standing budget. My standing budget is bigger than it was, but I do still have one, and my feet were quite sore when I got back from the store today.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Talked to my PCP today about my cholesterol. Neither of us are particularly happy with it. My LDL is high enough to be put on medication. She referred me to a cardiologist to gt a full risk assessment. That appointment is in just a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll try to tweak my diet a bit more and up my cardio intensity a bit. I switched my nutrient view to see saturated fat more easily, and also manually lowered my target.

I'm just not sure how much more I can adjust my diet. I think I usually eat pretty well...I stick with olive oil for cooking, don't eat red meat very frequently (maaaybe once a week), eat plenty of fish, eat whole grains and legumes frequently, lots of greens and veggies. I could add in more fruit I suppose. I'll keep an eye on my diary and see what my sat fat intake is doing, and where I can cut it further back.

I definitely have been slacking on exercise lately. I'll make a more concerted effort to crank up that intensity. I just got a free jump rope from a neighbor, and am kind of excited to try that out. Hopefully my weight continues to drop, the LDL might drop too. I'd rather not have to be on medication for it, but I also want to get it lowered as quickly as possible. I'll know more in a few weeks.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Talked to my PCP today about my cholesterol. Neither of us are particularly happy with it. My LDL is high enough to be put on medication. She referred me to a cardiologist to gt a full risk assessment. That appointment is in just a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll try to tweak my diet a bit more and up my cardio intensity a bit. I switched my nutrient view to see saturated fat more easily, and also manually lowered my target.

I'm just not sure how much more I can adjust my diet. I think I usually eat pretty well...I stick with olive oil for cooking, don't eat red meat very frequently (maaaybe once a week), eat plenty of fish, eat whole grains and legumes frequently, lots of greens and veggies. I could add in more fruit I suppose. I'll keep an eye on my diary and see what my sat fat intake is doing, and where I can cut it further back.

I definitely have been slacking on exercise lately. I'll make a more concerted effort to crank up that intensity. I just got a free jump rope from a neighbor, and am kind of excited to try that out. Hopefully my weight continues to drop, the LDL might drop too. I'd rather not have to be on medication for it, but I also want to get it lowered as quickly as possible. I'll know more in a few weeks.

Lost all my weight logging on MFP. With the reduced export options and two year retention limit on non-premium accounts I since moved to logging on Cronometer (free). Their databases are definitely less extensive. But they are also more curated and consequently less prone to random errors. Which may give you better quality saturated fat and cholesterol from food information
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @eliezalot - your PCP should have let you know that dropping weight can throw those cholesterol numbers into whack. This is because you are burning fat stored in your body so, your blood cholesterol is behaving as if you had a stick of butter for dinner. Not to panic! It's normal, a good thing, but medication won't fix it. When your weight stabilizes your numbers will become meaningful. Here's a link to the easy to read layperson article:
    https://astonrx.com/blog/why-weight-loss-may-temporarily-raise-cholesterol-levels

And then the scientific one if you have the patience to slog through it:
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2035468/
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @eliezalot - your PCP should have let you know that dropping weight can throw those cholesterol numbers into whack. This is because you are burning fat stored in your body so, your blood cholesterol is behaving as if you had a stick of butter for dinner. Not to panic! It's normal, a good thing, but medication won't fix it. When your weight stabilizes your numbers will become meaningful. Here's a link to the easy to read layperson article:
    https://astonrx.com/blog/why-weight-loss-may-temporarily-raise-cholesterol-levels

Wow - thank you for this!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »

Thank you!!!! This is so good to know! And a big relief.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am TIRED.
    • Mowed my yard.
    • Mowed a neighbor's yard.
    • Engaged in what should have been a small shed reorganization that turned into a THING. I purchased a used shed last year and decided against moving a cabinet thinking it would not be a big deal to live with it. Turns out my first instinct was right and I really hated where it was placed. Listening to my own advice about dealing with small stressors that can be easily fixed I decided to deal with it before it gets any hotter. Sometimes my advice backfires because the person who hung that cabinet stripped one of the screws in the process. 3 inch screw. This is why NO ONE should still be using a phillips head screw longer than about an inch anymore!
    • Prepped watermelon/feta/pickled onion salad for 130 people
    • Got ambitious and pickled 6 pounds of watermelon rind because I like to offer people a taste of something they have probably never tried before and I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHEN TO STOP.

That sounds exhausting. My feet hurt just thinking about it. But 100% here for the pickled watermelon rinds...they are so good!