Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    If it's any comfort, Connie, the only things I grow are flowers. I don't do houseplants cause 3 cats, and I can't commit to vegetables. Roses, on the other hand, I'm good with. I plant them and make sure they get watered most days and they give me pretty flowers!

6e04vdn26m9k.jpg

Yellow roses are my favorite flower….this is beautiful!…love it!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    That's a Peace rose, which are my favorite. You don't see it so well in that picture, but the outer petals are pink and blush to yellow at the center.

Unfortunately, that's from the old house. I have to get a new Peace rose and plant at the new house. (sigh)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Those are beautiful!! I love roses that with that sort of color gradient in them. It looks like a big flower too!
    I inherited a pretty pink rose with our house. It has bloomed every year, but every year something eats away at its leaves and I haven't been able to figure out what. I've been trying to fertilize it this year to hopefully build up its strength against whatever is eating it. I probably should water it more too.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I had a great day…took a break from swimming and played Betty Crocker almost all day!….started out cooking skinless chicken breasts for salad tomorrow…made egg salad for husband and myself a roast beef wrap on flatbread for lunch.…made a huge bowl of Low calorie 4 Bean salad, and a tossed salad for entire family….baked a loaf of Skinny Banana bread and made a tuna casserole!…I didn’t leave the house the entire day!….tomorrow I have errands to run and need to get back to the pool….but I really enjoyed myself today…

“ one of the greatest joys is preparing good food for people you love”

Who would have ever guessed that eating healthy could taste so good!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of that as I was driving past a whole bunch of takeout places while thinking about whether I should try to cook Laurie's spicy cabbage.

At the same time (because you know my brain hamsters are weird that way), I was thinking back at the beginning of the first lockdown when I used lack of access to eating out to actually lose a few additional pounds (which I did not keep off by the way!) whereas so many of us actually gained weight, many no doubt because of the use of food delivery services.

It brought to mind something I like to say about Caribbean lobsters (and other shellfish): part of their self-defense is that it takes work to eat the suckers!!!!

Even though I thoroughly enjoy preparing food, more often than not, it tends to be easier to control portions of food that I've prepared at home versus takeout or eating out.

Maybe in a few years this will change and I'll find it less of a challenge but for now it remains the case that preparing the food bolsters my anti-overeating hamsters! Not always but most of the time! 😛😇
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can find a good way to prepare your overeating hamsters!! 😛

I would love that recipe.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    You're going to become a hamster eating vegetarian!?!?!? 4:10am and I am jus wrapping up the rebuilding of a failed raid array and then heading home... maybe before the first people show up! UGH.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You're going to become a hamster eating vegetarian!?!?!? 4:10am and I am jus wrapping up the rebuilding of a failed raid array and then heading home... maybe before the first people show up! UGH.

Well that sounds like a whole heck of a lot of fun!

Would I eat my overeating hamster? Maybe. :p
  • eliezalot
    edited June 2021
    Options
    We've been having a great time at the lake so far. I've been slightly over maintenance calories each day, but I've also been more active than usual, so I'm not too worried. My brother-in-law's family is coming over today, which means I'll get to spend the entire day chasing around my favorite (and only!) niece, who is three. She is an absolute delight and full of limitless energy. Once the rain blows over, we'll take her out in the lake to splash around. Should be a good amount of movement and exercise today!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Air inside 73 degrees and outside 90+ degrees and 80% humidity!…..summer in Florida!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Yesterday might have been the actual perfect summer day. Husband and I spent an hour or so snorkeling in the lake in the morning, and he caught a good size snapping turtle! After breakfast, we went to his brother's house for lunch, and also got to see his sister. We baked molasses cookies with my niece, then took her fishing down the road again. (My husband taught her the other day for the first time, and she absolutely loved it). Then we went to dinner at my BIL's in-law's house. They are lovely people, and we love getting to see them. Didn't get home until midnight, and now I have to work today, but so so worth it!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Air inside 73 degrees and outside 90+ degrees and 80% humidity!…..summer in Florida!

NOPE
    Options

Or Indiana. That sounds like August/first two weeks of September here. It's only in the high seventies here but the humidity is 60% so we're running the a/c just to help dehumidify the house.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options

Or Indiana. That sounds like August/first two weeks of September here. It's only in the high seventies here but the humidity is 60% so we're running the a/c just to help dehumidify the house.

And rain all weekend. Still hoping I can maybe get out for my long walk Sunday, but we will have to see. But it is for sure feeling a bit sticky in the apartment today!
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

And rain all weekend. Still hoping I can maybe get out for my long walk Sunday, but we will have to see. But it is for sure feeling a bit sticky in the apartment today!

My hygrometer says 61% in the house. No wonder it's a bit sticky!

• eliezalot
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

My hygrometer says 61% in the house. No wonder it's a bit sticky!

We just got back home (mid-atlantic) last night. Woke up today to 91 degrees at 10 am, with 65% humidity. High of 98 tomorrow. Pretty sure I won't be leaving the house! My thick Minnesotan blood just cannot handle it.