Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    From afar / on phone I thought you had taken your picture next to an interesting tree trunk! And the red forest matches YOUR red! :smiley:
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Updated my profile picture to include a painting I've been working on since October. I was having fun with the grandson, taking pictures of him in the "red forest" and he took this one of me. It is a big beast - 60" x 60" painted with a tiny tiny brush...only white paint on a red background...and I think it is done! WOOHOO. My big excitement for the month.
    That is amazing!

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Updated my profile picture to include a painting I've been working on since October. I was having fun with the grandson, taking pictures of him in the "red forest" and he took this one of me. It is a big beast - 60" x 60" painted with a tiny tiny brush...only white paint on a red background...and I think it is done! WOOHOO. My big excitement for the month.

Great picture!…you are an artist?….amazing!

I've been painting forever...trying to make it more of a focus of my life now - time is running out!!!! lol If money would only fall from the trees.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

Great picture!…you are an artist?….amazing!

I've been painting forever...trying to make it more of a focus of my life now - time is running out!!!! lol If money would only fall from the trees.

Our grandaughter is very artistic….she is 13….. she has painted all of the walls in her room with different pictures….she also sings…..constantly!….says she is going to LA when she is 18….. give me strength!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I've so far managed to stay under calorie count yesterday and today. Hubby was under calorie and carb count yesterday, but is over today. Not badly over, but over. I see his problem, though: he skipped breakfast but we had Sunday dinner at mom's, meaning the big meal of the day was at lunchtime. And mom made pot roast. While she did put in parsnips and rutabaga with the potatoes, and he stayed away from the potatoes and carrots, I weighed out the portion of the parsnips and rutabaga and that got him on the carb count.

And he found himself hungry here later in the evening without any carbs left making it really tricky to eat. I had him fry up a pound of hamburger but told him he couldn't eat his typical 3 patties out of the 4 because it was 80/20 and 290 calories a patty. I'm seeing that portion sizes is his problem (like all the rest of us). He thinks he's doing well but in actuality he was eating more than he thought he was.

But he's not fighting me on starting to keep track; he wants to lose the weight and knows its gotta be tracked to work, so he's just grumbling in general lol I told him we'd just have to phrase it to ourselves in 2 ways: 1) what do I want more - this snack now or to see the scale go down later? and 2) we're supporting each other by behaving ourselves, and we are doing it for each other as well as ourselves.

So the lesson learned is: I probably should stop making desserts for Sunday afternoon dinners, or try to find low carb ones that are very, very low calorie. And we both need to have the main bulk of our calories late in the day, so skip breakfast, keep lunch very light, use very low calorie snacks sparingly to keep us going during the afternoon, and eat our biggest meal of an evening. Which will work 6 out of 7 days.

meanwhile I have 96 more calories left for the day. I just bought celery sticks and carrots. And pickles - maybe I can convince myself to eat that instead of something more calorie dense!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I got some yard work done over the weekend, but not as much as I had hoped. Saturday was productive, but Sunday, I was just feeling sluggish and tired and it was so hot out. I spent the evening watering all of the plants and the poor redbud sapling on the boulevard. It has been so, so dry.

@bmeadows380 - Getting into new and modifying old routines is so hard! And hard to balance two different ways of eating. You can always track at maintenance for a week or so to make getting back in the habit easier!!

I feel the portion size thing. Since I've been having to watch my saturated fat intake, my husband has been really starting to look at nutrition labels for the first time. Just yesterday he realized that it was 140 calories for two Oreos...I could just see his mind working over the times when he'd sit down with a plate of 10 of them and a pint of whole milk lolol.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bella - I love your da except I really think I would want to swap out the mammogram for ??? something better! That gives you lots of options :)

My best days are "tea & clementines - walk dog - cook - eat - walk to grocery store - eat - walk dog - cook - eat - bath - bed.

Planning for a bike packing trip sounds pretty amazing!!!!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Here's my day in a nutshell:

Walk dog - breakfast - mammogram - lunch - make flapjacks - spot of gardening - walk dog again - dinner - have a bash at a bit of beginners' yoga by watching Youtube videos - watch this morning's Olympic women's MTB race on GCN+ - plan our first bike packing trip - bed.

I lead such an exciting life! :D

Ha, at least yours is exciting enough that you got to leave the house! :lol:

Ignore cat slobbering on face - ignore cat nibbling on face - ignore cat chewing on face - give up and feed cats - breakfast - work - lunch - work - cook dinner - eat - read - bed.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    eliezalot - your gonna have to take that cat out for a walk! Tell him/her she/he is a dog and will now have to do dog things.

On my not "best" days I have to squeeze work in there between the walks and eating - and that really puts a kink in the day!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    eliezalot - your gonna have to take that cat out for a walk! Tell him/her she/he is a dog and will now have to do dog things.

On my not "best" days I have to squeeze work in there between the walks and eating - and that really puts a kink in the day!

Haha laurie - we actually do have harnesses and leashes for them. And a little mesh kitty tent they get to use in the yard. Definitely don't them for twice a day walks though lol!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Connie🎈🎉🎁

I was going to be all grumbly but you brought a smile to my face👍

And your co-biethday girl with my friend Eugene ‼️
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Happy birthday Connie!! Have a fun and food filled day!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Connie!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Birthday wishes!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Birthday wishes!

Belated birthday wishes @conniewilkins56! I too was lucky enough to retire at 55 (a year ago) and I'm LOVING every minute of retirement! Enjoy many, many more happy years!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 and @Bella_Figura : re..tire...ment? What is this strange concept? How does one get to do that? :lol:

Got myself out for a walk this morning! I have a nice 3 mile loop on the trails near my house. Heard the owl, but didn't go looking for him today (I was wearing shorts, it is a heavy deer tick season, and the trail into the woods is like chest high weeds). Saw a green heron, an osprey and what I can only assume is its "baby", and 3 turtles. Met a new neighbor dog on my way back. It got hot in the sun, but was nice to be out.