Share Your Day

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member
    But it had to get nasty :(
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    Vets are not easy (my experience) just a few I have met who I really got along with.
  • lauriekallis
    not a few - two to be precise.
  • PAV8888
    Oh she's an impressively good vet no concerns about her competence.

Unfortunately definitely in the vet field and more and more commonly in human medicine with connected services such as for example getting your eyes checked at the same place that sells eye glasses..... yeah.

That's like pretending that pay to play contract tendering never takes place

My confidence increases the more separated a business is from any perception that there could exist residual benefits to their professional advice
  • PAV8888
    I was going to try to get a picture of the bear lying underneath the tree in someone's yard.. but after the lady who pointed him out to me took her picture the bear started sniffing in the air and I had to remove my phone cover. So no bear picture this year so far
  • I've been resting my wrist most of the day, though as it cools off I'm contemplating doing some of the refrigerator cleaning. Something like the door bins and door; then do the rest of the inside tomorrow. Or maybe not. We'll see. I was thinking we were supposed to be past this steamy heat by now!
  • PAV8888
    Thinking back on tendonitis Alexandra... I would wait a day or two or three AFTER I feel much better before starting to do things I KNOW will make things worse. Now if door cleaning is good for your wrist that's one thing... but if it bugs you? Better save the energy for cooking and MFP! :wink:
  • The door cleaning went fine, and I'll do the rest of it today. I'm planning to take my strong son with me on Thursday to the store so someone else can heft the cases of soda (it's his soda anyway) and bags of cat litter and such. I'm being very careful with how I use it.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,721 Member
    @callsitlikeiseeit, sounds like a healthy, safe way to dip a toe into strength training and see if you like it. Your guy sounds like a good choice, and I like that he spent so much time delving into your particular health challenges. And I like that you plan to respect his expertise, and let him devise a plan for you. Good luck!

Price wise, that sounds like an OK deal to me. I don't pay to attend a gym now, but I used to a decade or so ago, and back in 2008 it cost me £420 a year (£35/month) just for use of the gym, pool and sauna/steam room. Classes and PTs were always a premium cost on top of the annual membership. So 35 bucks sounds pretty good to me.

For comparison, I now pay £13 a month for a Zwift membership, for which I get unlimited access to routes and training plans, but they're not bespoke to me and I don't get to discuss with a fitness expert any health issues I may have. I also had to pay £1000 for the turbo trainer, and that doesn't include the cost of the bike that is attached to it. I thought it was worth the investment in my health so I was happy to pay it, but the cost still hurt. Good quality bespoke expert training comes with a price tag - it sounds like you got a good deal!
  • Bella_Figura
    My plans for the weekend:

Today - In the morning I'm making my 2nd attempt at the Alpe Du Zwift course of Zwift - I need to get further than last week - i.e. to not stop until I've cycled at least 7.5km. No plans yet for this afternoon - I'm retired so every day's like the weekend!

Tomorrow - we're going to watch the inaugural UK gravel bike championships - a whole day of wishing we'd been able to take our bikes along with us so that we could ride some of the trails - I need a bike trailer so that we can take both the dog AND our bikes!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    @callsitlikeiseeit, sounds like a healthy, safe way to dip a toe into strength training and see if you like it. Your guy sounds like a good choice, and I like that he spent so much time delving into your particular health challenges. And I like that you plan to respect his expertise, and let him devise a plan for you. Good luck!

Price wise, that sounds like an OK deal to me. I don't pay to attend a gym now, but I used to a decade or so ago, and back in 2008 it cost me £420 a year (£35/month) just for use of the gym, pool and sauna/steam room. Classes and PTs were always a premium cost on top of the annual membership. So 35 bucks sounds pretty good to me.

For comparison, I now pay £13 a month for a Zwift membership, for which I get unlimited access to routes and training plans, but they're not bespoke to me and I don't get to discuss with a fitness expert any health issues I may have. I also had to pay £1000 for the turbo trainer, and that doesn't include the cost of the bike that is attached to it. I thought it was worth the investment in my health so I was happy to pay it, but the cost still hurt. Good quality bespoke expert training comes with a price tag - it sounds like you got a good deal!

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a creature of routine and habit and am not overly fond of 'new' things in my world, so I purposely scheduled these training days for days where i typically dont plan my other things. which means im losing my 'nothing' days (sometimes the only 'nothing days' i have LOL) But it IS something I want to do and AM something I'm looking forward to, even if my muscles today are telling me that 'hey, ummm about yesterday? We did things we have not done before.....not so sure about that....' LOLOL

• PAV8888
    The gym sounds like an awesome deal actually... especially in CAD!

Awesome bike stuff Garfield 👍
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    Per Garfield's request, here is CCCGG... and my attempt of a panoramic view from our Canmore Dayz Inn balcony. Also the "three sisters" shot by CCCGG! It was 2C when we woke up! Will get up to 12!👍

2ioe3f32ufii.jpg

9h3xtfa0ojnn.jpg

denbto6p0sha.jpg

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Pretty girl, pretty view!….enjoy your time!
  • lauriekallis
    Wow - so much beauty. Hope you are having a brilliant time.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited September 2021
    OMG, those 3 sisters! Stunning! Not to mention the equally stunning woman with that gorgeous backdrop! <3<3<3

This is nowhere near enough pics though! I need more beauty to feast my eyes upon - of both the mountainous and womanly variety!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I have had a day….husband got injections in his hip this morning and the dog has been glued to his side since he got home…how do dogs sense the distress in their pack?….johns shots had to be directed with a camera this morning and they had to go very deep into his hip….back surgery is scheduled for mid Oct……crossing our fingers for less pain….he is getting worse all of the time….sigh…..he is a good man….meanwhile I have run around the house like a maniac waiting on him,fixing our meals,changing linens,garbage,dishwasher and laundry….plus Willow who had had an upset stomach for a few days so taking her outside every ten minutes!….gloomy outside but so hot and humid….welcome to Florida!….rest of the family gets home soon and they will entertain us with their daily drama!
  • PAV8888
    Oh Connie: sure doesn't sound like much fun :disappointed: Hopefully the injections (and willow) will make a difference!
  • PAV8888
    Hey Garfield, & @Bella_Figura too, :lol:(and anyone else).... for a limited time only I will leave the UNFILTERED, as they've come in, album on shared status! https://photos.app.goo.gl/zFeRQbVqR5BcfXaCA