Share Your Day

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,766 Member
    Oh my lord, @PAV8888! What wonderful photos!

Those mountains! The azure colour of the lake in pictures 28,29, 30 and 33! CCCGG's dazzling smile in almost every photo! And of course the best of all - photo 22 - you both look so happy to be spending time together. You sure know how to put a smile on a gal's face...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    PAV - the photos are extraordinary! Thank you for sharing. CCCGG is beautiful - and you, too, beside her!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am so glad you are both having such a great time!
  • You two look really good and happy together!
  • So Boyfriend does not have COVID, just some sort of upper respiratory ick. Which is what I thought but in these days one can't be too careful.

Girlfriend and I have had a high pain day as we both have arthritis, both have fibromyalgia, and there has been a storm front moving through central IN. And of course I had/have a migraine, because that's what my brain does when pressure changes happen. Whee. So the sunroom floor is still decorated with fluffs of cat hair, and the rug in the front room needs swept, and that's not happening today. I'll get to it when I feel better, cause that job is one where things look a lot better for minimal effort, and those are emotionally rewarding.

Got a batch of white rice made and put up in four ounce bags, cause Son likes a larger portion of rice than we girls do. Also made a pot of the pineapple based sweet and sour sauce he likes and put it up in bags. That way when the rest of us have Kung Pao pork or whatever we are having, it's no big deal to just put a bag of his sauce and his rice in the pot with our rice to do the boil in bag thing, and his fried chicken chunks can go in the oven and get warm without a lot of work on my part. And that way we all get the dinner we want.

I need to bread and fry both pork and chicken pieces, but I am suspecting that the evening I have a migraine running in the background is Not The Time. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I did manage to get over to the pharmacy to get my ADHD meds. Yeah, sure I'm addicted to the amphetamines; it took me three days to remember to go get them when the pharmacy was actually open and the car was here. And the only way I remember to take them are alarms on my tablet. Sure, that's addiction.... (sigh) But when I take them I can get my brain to actually work for me instead of fighting me cause there are more interesting things to do.

I still have some laundry to fold, but it's underwear and socks, and I can do them sitting down while an interesting lecture plays, so I'll make sure I do that tonight, and go to bed at the usual time so that I don't have any more migraine triggers than I can help.
  • lauriekallis
    Glad those babies work for you, Alexandra. Or we wouldn't be marvelling at your amazing menus and meal planning acumen!

Athijade - this sounds really frustrating. Have they now tested you for Covid? I guess a positive test would be a good thing? Then at least you would know what was going on? Hope your week and next weekend looks up.

I'm getting ready for a consultation with a new surgeon, based in Toronto where elective surgeries seem to be moving along more quickly than where I live. His specialty is regenerating tendons !? Oh, baby, my shoulder is feeling hopeful this morning. That sounds better than chocolate :D I'll report back this evening.
  • lauriekallis
    PAV and CCCGG, thank you for sharing these glorious photos. They have made my morning bright despite the drizzle outside of the window. That expression on your faces - that is what I'm going to aim for while playing the game. No settling anymore. <3
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,766 Member
    PAV and CCCGG, thank you for sharing these glorious photos. They have made my morning bright despite the drizzle outside of the window. That expression on your faces - that is what I'm going to aim for while playing the game. No settling anymore. <3

Never settle, Laurie! You deserve someone who makes your world feel brighter and you feel blessed from being together. Even after 32 years together, my husband still makes my heart sing...

I agree - the happiness that is shining out of their faces is a joy to behold.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Laurie - No current covid infection. No flu, strep, or anything else they can test for. No UTI or kidney infection. They have done so many tests and cultures to try and figure out what is causing it. The next step is a Covid antibody test and running it to see if any antibodies found are vaccine or infection related. But I am running low on sick time and don't want to use it all up in case I need a day due to actually not feeling well. Plus I have monthly therapy that I need sick time for as they don't offer any hours outside of my work schedule!

Pav - the two of you look so happy. It's beautiful.

Laurie (again) - I am sure you will find someone that makes you happy. You are a beautiful person who deserves it.
  • lauriekallis
    You two are so sweet! It seems that romance is in the air these days - I can feel it - and PAV and CCCGG are like poster children for love. I swear their excitement makes my toes tingle. :D
  • conniewilkins56
    You two are so sweet! It seems that romance is in the air these days - I can feel it - and PAV and CCCGG are like poster children for love. I swear their excitement makes my toes tingle. :D

My toes tingle every morning lol…..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    edited September 2021
    😘

Someone just sent me some pics from her camera, I'll see about putting them up.

Hoping to hit Lake Louise today, and no Hotel booked🤯... will revisit with you tonight or tomorrow! 😹

Unknown and unresolved medical problems freak me out, so I hope diagnosis good.

Food selection sounds interesting Laurie and tingly feet too!!!😘
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    It’s was a long weekend of “slothing” and satisfying my inner child as I accepted the outcome of last week’s doctor visit. The imaging done last week showed the arthritis in my lumbar spine and hips has progressed and invited part of my thoracic and SI joints to the party. While initially depressed and upset to hear the news, I am determined to turn this into a positive.

Today is a beautiful day! The sun is out, supposed to be near 80, and I’m looking forward to escaping my desk for a walk in a little bit.

I hope everyone finds something to bring a smile to their face and some joy!
  • conniewilkins56
    This is our dog Willow!
  • lauriekallis
    Look at all the new pics of such a cute PAV!!! Beautiful. Thank you, CCCGG!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Thank you @lauriekallis - I try! And yay 🎉 about your surgery date being scheduled and right around the corner. 😁

Oooohhhh @PAV8888 - so beautiful and you both look so happy! Thank you for sharing. 😊
  • conniewilkins56
    Laurie do you have anyone to help you for a few days at least?….so glad you got it scheduled finally!…bras are a pain to get on as well as washing hair!….johns back surgery is Oct. 18 if all goes as planned…my wonderful doctor I love is leaving😩
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Laurie do you have anyone to help you for a few days at least?….so glad you got it scheduled finally!…bras are a pain to get on as well as washing hair!….johns back surgery is Oct. 18 if all goes as planned…my wonderful doctor I love is leaving😩

I hope your husband’s back surgery brings him relief. My Mom just had fusion surgery and is only a few weeks into recovery. Life with back pain can be so miserable!