Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Alex I hope you can get your plans in order so your anxiety is less….not knowing is the worst…

I get more anxious about trivial things….I don’t worry about big things, I kind of slide thru them but make me choose Christmas wrapping paper with bows and tags that all match or not being able to find a matching sock or if my under garments don’t match, I go into a tail spin!…

We all have our quirks!…jeez get us all together and we would have a loonie bin!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Alex I hope you can get your plans in order so your anxiety is less….not knowing is the worst…

I get more anxious about trivial things….I don’t worry about big things, I kind of slide thru them but make me choose Christmas wrapping paper with bows and tags that all match or not being able to find a matching sock or if my under garments don’t match, I go into a tail spin!…

We all have our quirks!…jeez get us all together and we would have a loonie bin!

There's a reason why my household has a sign up that says, "We don't have it all together but together we have it all"
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I'm one of those people who handles anxiety by planning.

oh hunny im the same way. and i plan for the worst case scenario at that. my husband had a cancer scare last year.

i bought more life insurance. i couldnt do anything else. But i could do THAT.

when i was stressed about my husbands adjustment of status for his immigration and worried about income (even though we made enough, more than enough- like three times as much as required) I called my dad and asked him if we had a problem and they required a cosigner, if he would cosign. he said yes he would. So i prepared all that paperwork JUST IN CASE i would need it. so that all i would need him to get me, would be his personal documents, i had all the rest already done.

i could probably list many many more examples.

i get it.

a LOT of holiday recipes can be made ahead and frozen. (many)pies are great examples of this (probably stay away from cream based ones). mashed potatoes do remarkably well frozen and reheated. homemade rolls can be frozen (or just use frozen ones). if you freeze your own, make sure they are totally cooled, double wrap them, then bag them in a freezer bag, and when you reheat them, thaw them first, then spritz the oven with water. (i used to artisan breads and this is how i would bring breads back to life after freezing them). you can only freeze them once, though.

stuffing (obviously not if you cook it in the bird, so technically dressing) would probably work well frozen and reheated.

the only thing i might steer clear from would be most veggie dishes. Guess it depends on how you prepare them maybe.

And, if you have guests or family coming (or living there lol).... enlist their help. tell them what dish you would like them to bring instead of saying what (at least i usually do) with a 'whatever'. (if you have kids?) older kids can help chop fruits for a fruit salad and peel potatoes or snip green beans and set the table. most kids love to help cook, so... let them. its ok if its not perfect. little kids can load dishwashers

Bear with me while i tell a 'not perfect' story of my own

one of my OCD things is packing - especially my clothes for a vacation or trip (of any kind really). my ex committed suicide, and my (now) husband and I (who had only been dating a few months at the time and this was only his SECOND time down to see me) found his body. We were separated, not divorced, and my kids (at the time 11 and 17 i think?) and I had a vacation planned to the beach about 2 weeks after that. it might not have even been that long (forgive me.... theres a lot about that time frame i do not remember at all, truly). In any case, paul stayed as long as he could to help me deal with things, about a week, then left, then my sister came and kind of took his place (i had 2 kids i was trying to take care of and help them with their grief and i was a mess, not cause i felt bad he was dead (he was very abusive) just cause i felt bad for THEM and the mess i had to deal with and i was not doing so well). I had decided that we WERE going to the beach because i had already paid for it, I couldnt get a refund, and i needed to get the hell away from all of this- i thought we ALL did. One night, my sister (who was going to the beach with us), daughter, and myself were sitting on my bed watching tv. my daughter asks me what day we were leaving for the beach. I give the date. She looks at her phone and goes ' ummm. thats .... tomorrow. ' i say ' no its not, its like ... next week or something'. My sister looks at HER phone. Hands it to me and goes ' nope. tomorrow. ' It was ... close to midnight?

duck.

Fine. tell my kid to go pack. my sister goes with her. I get up to pack. and stare at my closet. and stand there. i pull out my suitcase and open it on my bed. and stare at my closet. and stand there. i open all my dresser drawers. and go back to my closet. about 30 minutes had passed and my daughter comes back with my sister and her bag for me to check. I still hadnt packed anything. And by this point, I was sitting in front of my closet, on the floor, sobbing. Complete meltdown.

my sister ... does not know how to deal with me like this. to her, i am the older sister who always has her *kitten* together. My daughter ... does know how to deal with me like this. She goes ' cant do it?' i shake my head. 'okay want aunt kristy to help me?' i nod my head. 'okay' my sister goes ' help do what?' 'my daughter says 'we get to pack for mom!' (she was very excited about this...)

I've never allowed either of them to pack anything for me in my entire life.

For a whole week, they gave me 2 pair of underwear. one swimsuit. 2 tank tops. a pair of jeans. one sundress (i have a hundred!) i dont think any pajamas. it was the worst packing job of all time. truly. they didnt even give me a sweatshirt or hoodie (i always get sunburned and then im cold so need one lol) it was awful. BUT we had a really good time. we needed the break. i bought an overpriced hoodie. and overpriced t shirts. we had a rental house so i just did laundry for the rest LOL

in the end, it was all okay. and just what we needed.

And I still remind them of that horrible packing job they did LOL

you too, will be okay. No matter what 'is packed in your suitcase', so to speak ;)
    Options
    I will also feel a lot less stress when my boyfriend gets a job. He has the skills to make very good money, but we haven't had him full-time employed (thanks COVID) since 7/20. Yes, we have savings, but we will be out of all of them by January. So.... I would really, really appreciate if we could get one of the two that want him to interview! Either will do!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Went for my first "date" with a wonderful man last night. Oh...how the terror sets in - all the normal terror when you are 58 and the ups and downs on the relationship front puts your weight loss graph to shame +
    now there is the how in the heck am I going to hide all this crazy *kitten* skin terror? LOL at crazy "*kitten*" - that part isn't too bad (probably only because I can't see it) but the rest - everywhere! - just flops around :# my heart rate went up just writing this.

With any luck I behaved like a complete fool last night and I'll never hear from him again. B)

@lauriekallis, your profile photo shows you to be a beautiful, vibrant, attractive woman. Your posts here show you to be witty, talented, wise and kind. Any man that won your heart would count his lucky stars!

Besides, I bet your skin isn't half as loose as you think it is! And even if it was, in my experience most men don't notice or care about that sort of thing even when cool headed, let alone when in the throes of passion. Rock your flabby bits with pride!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    Bella - you are so kind. I like the me you describe :)

I'll try and rock those floppy bits...I've come to terms with arm and knee wings enough not to try to hide them...but they still make me cringe. Maybe in time they will be something I can feel proud of - I do understand the sense in that.

Thank you.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis Bella is right on, right guy won't care or notice much.

Strength training either with body weight or free / fixed weights is your friend to fill out skin, burn through fat pockets. I know we revert to the scale as the baseline measurement, but it is not the only measurement. 1lb muscle is more dense (less space) than 1lb fat (more space), but both weigh a pound. I know you're very cardio active, maybe you would enjoy pilates or Barre as gateway into strength training?

In parallel, keep protein up as it is building block for muscle building & recomp.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    You could use small hand weights when you walk….or look up arm sleeves online….I am getting some when it’s cooler….biggest loser finalists wear them so they don’t jiggle!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the freakin' shoulder surgery. Things are such a mess in my upper body that I'm kinda beyond frustrated to be honest...walking is fantastic...but. But the thinner I'm getting the emptier the skin is and I think I'm seeing some improvement. I"ve always been very "muscular" - worked 6 months of the year landscaping (think rockwork, deck and porch building rather than gardening) but have lost a lot of that in the two years since I completely tore 3 of 4 rotator cuff tendons and the long head of my bicep (does that make it a "unicep"?) and the problem is that anything I do with my upper body (torso) just throws my shoulder and neck completely out of whack. But I am hoping to get the upper body/torso in better shape soon. Seeing a new surgeon on the 21st of this month. Hoping that in a bigger city things are moving a bit quicker than where I live re elective surgery.

I have enjoyed (appreciated??) pilates in the past - I should give some of that a whirl and see how it flies?!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So - I've gone off and looked at arm compression sleeves - and there is some thought (yeah I know - pie in the sky) that they might actually help the problem a bit - not just be a "girdle" for your arms. Interesting!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I think they look like what I am looking for to tone my arms and smooth the bulges!….I do not know how you function with your arm injury….I had spurs removed and a torn biceps repaired a couple of years ago….I now have full use of it but was a long recovery and therapy….I think my knees healed quicker!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Not sure how to judge the sizes for the sleeves….did you see the ones with tattoos?….I would look like a biker chick!
    Options
    Well, my left wrist is either lightly sprained or being arthritic and I can't tell which. I'm pretty sure it's not a fibromyalgia pain because the hallucinations don't last more than about five to ten minutes. I'm going to go out to the store on Monday and if it's still giving me grief I'll get a splint and some CBD cream for it. I've been sleeping in a splint, but it's a little large for me to wear during the day.

It is very annoying to have one wrist largely out of commission.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Connie, I didn't see the ones with tattoos! They will go well with your leather jacket, you hot momma!!!

This injury is really restricting my life. So much that I'm growing accustomed to it. To the dirtier house, the weedier garden, the different ways of doing so many things, the multiple trips to the grocery store some days because I can only carry things in one arm.

I hear that the recovery will be slow, so I'm always thinking - get this done now because I might lose almost all use of my right arm for a few months! Somehow that is keeping me motivated...but it is wearing thinner and thinner as time passes. :s

I went to bed right after I posted here last night - lower calories, getting the higher steps the past week (or two?) and the Boy has me worn out not long after the sun goes down! But today I will at least try a few of the Pilates core exercises and see if they are tolerable. The idea sounds kind of exciting! I love the simplicity of Pilates (I don't use the equipment)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It is very annoying to have one wrist largely out of commission.

Very - and would really impede your food prepping! Hope it eases up really soon.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Remember how thursday my son was sent home due to covid exposure (even though hes had the vaccine, wears masks, yadda yadda)? Well, friday my bestie received a call telling HER to come get her kids, and she said 'no. theyve had the vaccine and unless they were making out with the sick child, I am not picking them up'. She was told to email their vaccine card to a certain person and they could stay in school. Friday I was not home all day but I went on a fact finding mission all weekend, to find out the actual policy.

Our school system HAS NONE. okay. up the chain to the state school system. Which, pretty much copies the CDC. So this morning I sent an email to the person my friend was told to send the vaccine card to as well as to the school principal. It read:

Good Morning,

Thursday afternoon I received a call from the XXX High Nurse that my Son had been exposed to Covid and I needed to come get him. He has been vaccinated, although at no point has anyone asked us this question. In any case, when I questioned this (in a second call to the school, on my way to pick him up), the response was not only unprofessional ('the vaccine doesn't even work'), but I came to find out the following day, his quarantine was not even in line with State or CDC guidelines. Even if he did NOT have the vaccine.

As we are a very 'Covid Conscious' Family, XX has not left the house since I brought him directly home from school Thursday. He did have a precautionary PCR test yesterday, and seeing as he has no fever (his temperature is 97.0 as of 7am this morning), and he has no symptoms of any illness, I will be bringing him to school today around 10am. I figure this will give you time to let the school know to expect his arrival. I will also send a copy of his card with him so the school can have it on file for their immediate records, should they need it, and there is a copy attached to this email as well.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss the matter, I can be reached at XXX.

Excerpt taken from: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/182/2021/03/Interim-Guidance-to-K-12-School-Reopening.pdf

"The definition of close contact includes an exception for K-12 settings for
    the purposes of case investigation and contact tracing. In general, VDH uses
    proximity of within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more within 24 hours
    to determine the need for quarantining persons who have had close contact
    exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. In K-12 settings,
    a student who is within 3 to 6 feet of an infected student is not considered
    a close contact as long as both students wore well-fitting masks the entire
    time."

Sincerely,

Me.

I took him to school at 10, the office let him in. And he was in school all day long.

And at 3:15 I got a call from the school and you know what I thought. I answered, and it was the automated system announcing another child was sick (shocking...) and those who had been in direct contact had been notified and the school system urges everyone to get the vaccine (but nothing about sending in a COPY of that vaccine card, oddly enough...)

I have a feeling these calls will be regular things...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,628 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I know I jabber a lot so maybe the (otherwise quite nice and smart) vet was not quite able to understand?
    You guys figure that this email was clear enough for her? Especially the lack of salutation line?
    Can I have the ***kitten*** prescription please?

===============================

I would prefer to have all the prescriptions either in a single or individualized format in my hand thank you

On Tue., Sep. 14, 2021, 10:41 Dr.
    , DVM, DACVIM wrote:
    Hi Alec,
    I just returned to clinics and am catching up on emails. I saw your first note about trying to shop around for the drugs that are available at human pharmacies/generic formulations. Of the medications Skylar is on, those would be the omeprazole and the budesonide. Cisapride and Cerenia are only available from veterinary offices. If there is a particular pharmacy you would like me to send the prescription to just let me know and I will email it over which is what we typically do.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,628 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    SUCCESS!

Unfortunately I realized too late that when I redacted her email address I didn't also redact the vet's last name.

I've asked the moderators to edit that out... and hoping that either Connie or the main moderators will manage to do so!

They did, they did! Thank you unnamed and seldom appreciated mod!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV there are no options that I can find….sorry
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    SUCCESS!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

finally!