Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @Athijade. So nice to "have" to buy new clothes!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Clothes! Outside of underwear, shoes, and coats, I bought a lot of quality clothes at the Goodwill and thrift shops. Most were never worn or still had store tags. I went from 3x to XL/L over time. As I went through a size I donated back the clothes.
    I was never a fan of thrifts but I must say my clothes from the shops are better quality than what I bought in plus sizes. The only downside is having time and some knowledge of good brands. I’ll miss my thrift wardrobe when I get to goal!

Loved the happy singers photo. What a weekend it must have been!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    What inspiring posts, PAV, Yooly and Bella. You have reminded me of the glory of those quickly dropping sizes.

I've a closet full of thrift store finds that I was so tickled with last year. Mediums, some smalls, most size 12 (some 10 some 14) which is good for my height - 175 cm (today is day one of this new measurement system :) ). When I get there again, I will be celebrate and work on maintenance and body composition. Last year I was so dismayed by the loose skin with a minimal amount of fat in it still that I was a bit obsessed with dropping more to get rid of that fat (quickly) in the hopes that the skin would more fully/quickly tighten up. But really, in hindsight, I see that all that did was make my body fight back harder. This time around I will try to remember "Today's" perspective.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I normally buy a lot of clothes from thrift stores, but I tried to hit some on Saturday and the findings were sparse. Plus I needed jeans/leggings and my size is pretty much impossible to find in thrift stores around here. So Old Navy was having a 40% off your purchase sale. From there alone I got a pair of jeans (half the price of the ones at Torrid plus the discount), 2 pairs of leggings, a bunch of tshirts, and a bunch of tank tops. I need the jeans now that we are back in the office as I think I might have 1 pair that still fits already (rest are too small).

I do need some new sandals though. I have plenty of shoes from tennis shoes to flats... but I have like no sandals. So those plus maybe a couple pairs of workout shorts would be all I really need until I am to the point where nothing fits. Because I WILL get to that point dang it.

So I spent most of the night awake because I was super nauseated. Still sick to my stomach this morning. I had to get up to do the weekly billing (the only other person who is trained had already taken today off), but I was awake anyway so not a huge deal. Taking sick time the rest of the day though. So I already slept a couple more hours on the sofa. Gonna just meal plan for the next couple of week and maybe work on my garden plan.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bella - what a beautiful post. I love the expression on Little Norm's face. I hope he understands how much he is honoured with that name!

Big Norm sounds like an extraordinary man. You have some fine genes! Being a women though - you get to have a bit more body fat. Thank goodness for little blessings :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Now why am I having trouble focusing on the screen?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh Bella what a lovely tribute to your father. A truly remarkable man as so many of his generation were. 💕💕
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    We were surrounded by tornadoes Monday night.🌪🌪🌪 Lots of damage all around. Mercifully all my area experienced was winds and lots of rain. But many people close by lost everything - no deaths thank goodness. Springtime in Texas is a wild chaotic season!

Went to the gym this morning. 🏋️‍♀️ The workouts are getting easier and less tiring. May have to step it up a bit next week.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Yooly!

I've heard so many jokes about everything being "bigger" in Texas - it makes sense that the tempest of spring would be bigger too. Glad you are okay...don't know how I would handle losing everything. Can't imagine having the energy to rebuild life.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    And sadly there are no basements here. All houses on a concrete slab foundation. So when the scary weather comes there’s no good shelter other than windowless areas. In my house it’s an interior walk in closet. Not much entertainment in there while waiting out storms.
    I sure miss basements. For safety and for storage. Squirreling away junk is not easy if you have to jam it all in a closet.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    That's poor planning for tornado country!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What's the reason for not having basements or similar shelters?

Not sure what to say kind lady: my next door neighbor last night muttered she was on hour 20 of flying back from Central America to the Wet coast... on inquiry she literally buried the state of Texas and all Texas airports as "zoos populated by smelly philistines who did not wear their masks even when it was mandated" and that she would "rather travel through Atlanta any day". Sensing some degree of latent hostility during hour 20 of traveling, i nodded sagely, muttered "sounds like a long day" and gazed intently at my unconnected phone! Without any further exploration of her relationship with Texas!😹🤣👍
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yeah well, Texas! Lots of “independent” thinkers. I’m not a native so there’s that. And I live in Austin - a weird island of free spirited liberalism smack in the middle of Texas disparaged by the rest of the state. It’s a university town too so lots of free thinking here. We’ve got Willie Nelson, Michael Dell ( computers) and Elon Musk ( Tesla) among others. Quite a mix there.

The lack of basements is due to rocky subsoil. We have many companies harvesting rock for concrete and various other uses in the state. It’s also why we grow cactus 🌵 and scrub oaks rather than green lawns and big trees. Very little actual soil.
    So to have a basement would require dynamite or very expensive excavation. Many southern and western US states don’t have basements. Either rocks, sand or high water tables.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    A musician friend of mine, who is madly in love with Austin, adopted a dog from Texas yesterday. My pup is going to have a new friend!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Laurie - did your musician friend go to the SXSW music/tech/film festival held the previous two weeks in Austin? And I wonder if PAVs Canadian friend was caught in the midst of the bajillion people leaving Texas after the festival and spring break. The beaches on the Gulf coast and Mexico were also packed with vacationers. Most locals who have a choice avoid all Texas airports those two weeks. They’re crowded and there’s invariably bad weather.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    She seemed to be quite a bit of a traveler.

Overheard me leaving a video note to cccgg, and commented on the Greek connection though she was definitely Vancouver grown.

Impression I got was that today was via Atlanta and 20 hours in order to avoid shorter ride through "smelly and rude" Texas airports (plural).

Surprised me because about 15 years back i had a long time friend doing a M to TH consulting gig in Dallas for the better part of a year and there was no mention of such depravity, whereas Atlanta was mentioned in vain by both him and his not yet wife who was also doing consulting at the time!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Did someone say puppy?❣️