Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    Is that since you went to bed, pbm89gt? Or since yesterday morning????
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    If it is since you went to bed - there must be something wrong with your scale or the floor it is sitting on. OR you are sleepwalking into the kitchen during the night!

If it is since yesterday morning - that is really possible. Though horrifying! Sometimes our bodies hold onto water/extra waste food for days. Especially if you had any extra exercise yesterday. Or sodium.

HOLD ON. It will pass. It might just hand out to torture you for a few days. :| But pull out all of your strength because it can be really demoralizing. Can really set the brain hamsters to work telling you it just isn't worth it/isn't possible/maybe throw it away for today. Those hamsters are devious.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Numbers. :# This week I spent a lot of time worrying about macros. But I think I'm just going to put that on hold for awhile because it is impossible to maintain this "chainsaw weight loss" and have all my macros up to optimum levels. Chainsaw to the 200s...and then I'll up my daily calories to 1500ish and focus on the macros.
    I think :)
    But. That might change come Tuesday :)
  • pbm89gt
    pbm89gt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This was since yesterday morning, I always weigh first thing after I get up. Always heard that's you true weight, that the body gains through out the day due to water weight. Now whether that's true I have no clue 😁
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,604 Member
    Options
    After using the bathroom or before? Generally using the bathroom should factor in there. Using a weight trend app is a good idea. You do have a range of weight at any "true" weight based on your stored energy reserves and you are trying to see it behind the smokescreen of irrelevant (transient) fluctuations.

Now. If you are in certain categories of health risks that would have been discussed with your doctor, a sudden overnight unexplained elevation could be of concern to be brought to medical attention. beyond that do you have visible edema (water retention) ankles, feet, etc?

Beyond that if you do weight daily and log in a weight trend app (or anywhere) you will soon discover what is a "normal" range of weight fluctuation for you. Given your current level what you experience is not impossible. At my current weight level I would be spending a good part of my day trying to come up with a reasonable reason!

Carpet, flexible floor, batteries, dirt, hair, are all potential scale error contributors.
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 2023
    Options
    At my current weight I can and have fluctuated 4 pounds :( even with controlled eating. Usually it is inflammation/swelling. Weight jumps a lot when something hurts.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    OK: I re-read your posts and noticed that basically you didn't lose anything and then you lost 5.1lbs overnight. Did you have an intense .... pee session? A whoosh does generate those. And then might continue for a day or two.

That said... weight trend app is good to have! :smile:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Very good, PAV. For some reason I understood it as a 5.1 pound gain in one day! WOohoo, PBM, a loss is a very good thing! I would never question that :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Not scale numbers but…. All my lab tests came back excellent. Even the pesky triglycerides were normal. So the doctor visit next week should be a breeze.
    Laurie has reminded me that my last mammogram was 18 months ago so there’s that to do. But so far so good.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly!
    I had my first mammogram last summer - ironically enough it and an ultrasound were clear!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Very short sleep last night (freakin' weeked work that I had too good of a weekend to accomplish before 4 in the morning) and the scale is up 1.2 pounds :( I know it will be down, but alas it is annoying me this morning (did I mention the short sleep part? :) )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sleep suck x2🤬
  • PAV8888
    Options
    On the subjects... clear blood-work... clear in person exams with nothing abnormal noted... but yes, on a totally random, no reason to order it other than routine baselines test... we are (slowly) investigating a "little something" in addition to the little yet annoying hernia.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    having said that... not sure where to post a fun link for just a few hours. No way I am leaving it on past today... but Ms Google decided to "spotlight" a certain individual we know with pictures from May 2000 to September 2021. I admit the moose picture is not there (I think of it as iconic) but there's a couple of fun(ny) ones for the ladies, I'm sure!

As I said... the link is going away... later today! :blush:https://photos.app.goo.gl/u5JePnEdjY4q4CCA6
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t you just hate when the doctor finds a “little something”? Never good and always worrying. I’ve got my doctor visit on Thursday and so far I think it’s all okay 🧐..... I have discovered that after age 75 mammograms aren’t recommended because I have a less than ten year life expectancy!!!

Who is that guy in those photos PAV?!! It’s like two completely different people except for the smile. Your transformation is nothing short of amazing.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Love all of those pictures, PAV. You so look like you - the rascally part of you is in every picture :)
    I imagine moving around feels much easier now - because it looks like you were active even when there was more of you.

Hope the little something turns out to be a nothing.

What a horrible thing to discover, Yooly. Maybe they should consider that after age 75 women don't mind tossing rule makers out of windows. (t=Actually, that might hit sometime after 60?)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nah - I’m going to get a mammogram anyway cuz my insurance covers it. My doctor will certainly recommend it because of my past history.
    And almost all the women in my family lived well past 90 even with some drastic diagnoses. So the odds are with me. Maybe not all my original parts......
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I imagine moving around feels much easier now - because it looks like you were active even when there was more of you. Hope the little something turns out to be a nothing.

For a person who had a dog during a good 10 of the pre 2015 years.... yeah, the poor guy's long weekly walk was almost equal to going to the corner to pee for the current one.

A one plus hour forest walk we used to go to before I would return home and take the rest of the day to recover is where we went Sunday for a quick pee and poo in less than 35 minutes so that I could go pick up Dad, go for dim sum, take him back, come home, and take her out for a real 1h 55 min walk

As to the something, a testing error is, apparently, not a possibility. Different testing will have to be done to see if this is a manufacturing defect that will affect product performance moving forward or just a cosmetic defect of little consequence we can all live with. Both are fully in play.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    All my fingers crossed for you, PAV. Makes it might tough to type though. ;)

Today. Finally. 20 pounds down. 20.2 even :)
    Feels a bit anticlimatic coming days late, but maybe I'm just in a blah mood today. I blame the candy bar I ate yesterday to compensate for lost sleep. Woke up this morning feeling like absolute *kitten* - though that bar did get me out for a schoolyard dog run that I really really really really really really really really didn't want to do :neutral: But the pups loved it.

Over the past week the calories seem to be averaging just under 1500, and most days protein is over 100g, fat closer to 40g and calcium over 100% - all that stuff costs!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey: health happy Laurie is a primary investment!😘