Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    And I am willing to invest those calories B)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options

I had my six month wellness check this morning. All lab tests were good - actually improved some. Mammogram is going to happen in September- even though apparently I’m reaching my life expiration date. Otherwise all is good.

I still have those pesky 3 “Christmas cookie” pounds that come and go. My weight is stable and I’m able to fairly easily maintain without too much agony and sacrificing. Of course I’d love to dump about twenty more pounds and get to where I’d like to be. But where I am is SO much better than where I was four years ago. So there’s that.....
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly!
  • pbm89gt
    pbm89gt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! One month down of eating healthy! And three weeks of using MFP to track my calories. I've made progress but I have a long way to go!

SW: 342lbs
    CW: 329.9
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    A big woohoo 🎉 PBM! Great progress for only three weeks.
    Don’t focus on the long term but the day to day logging and portion control. Then the future will take care of itself. And every day will be better than the last!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great work, PBM! I absolutely agree with Yooly. Focus on the day to day and exact tracking. The big picture can be a bit overwhelming - but all those little day to day dots add up pretty quickly. And, no matter what, time passes so we may as well make it count for something important to us.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    UP 2.6 pounds this morning!
    The person who belongs full time to my Dogchild (who spends Thursdays with me :) while his person sings for their supper) brought me a veggie roti from the big city where such delicious food items abound.

Until that point yesterday's deficit was pretty extreme - though I was feeling fine. But that 1/4 of a roti that I decided to have after a very late running of the hounds quickly turned into 1/2, then 3/4 then the whole delicious mess. And 2 glasses of milk to cool the tastebuds (spicy food in the wee hours of the morning, just before bedtime :neutral: ... duh...).

Even after that I was still 1200 and some odd calories down for the day. Though apparently it is all still in there somewhere :wink:

This morning is preop. So I needed some fortification. And, strangely enough, the central hospital in this city seems to have run out of room for a Pre-Op Clinic so it is "up the mountain" in the regional psychiatric hospital. A serious psychiatric hospital with heavy duty security et al.

Maybe it isn't breast cancer????? Maybe they have some kind of lobotomy planned?????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Veggie roti might have a lot of salt? Especially commercial product.

Pre-Op clinic? What great idea! We get a sheet of pre-op instructions to follow. Then told to show up bright and early for surgery. Actually you show up for an hour or two of paperwork.

So what happens at the pre-op clinic (outside of a possible lobotomy)? Do you then have to put your clothes back on and go to another hospital? Or are they doing the surgery at the psychiatric hospital?
    How long do you stay in the hospital post surgery? There was a brief period at military hospitals where a mastectomy was out patient surgery. In and out the same day. Some guy thought that was a good idea!

Please keep us updated. Hope it’s okay with you if I say a few prayers for your quick recovery.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Turns out there is a significant community clinic attached to the side of the psychiatric hospital. Though in my attempt to enter the parking lot I managed to scrape the bottom of my car while turning over a cement barrier - so maybe they should have checked my head a bit too :) It was pouring rain though...so maybe I can blame that.

Pre-Op was two hours so they can do an ECG, blood tests, weigh (:() you - check your height - listen to your lungs - check your ears !? poke you a bit, ask a million questions, check your teeth and throat (anaesthesiologist did that) and give you a whole wack of paper.

Surgery isn't until Tuesday - I have to be there at 8 am to have dye injected so they can find the "sentinel lymph nodes" and then surgery at 2, and then then I'm out the door by 6 :o

I would never turn down prayers <3

You guys are my lifelines :) you will be updated way more than you want to be :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    🤞 and 🤞 and I'm trying for the toes too!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :D Thank you, PAV. You must keep us updated too!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    OMG - out patient surgery. However most hospitals are so noisy and uncomfortable you’ll do better at home. I’ve never actually spent the night in a hospital even after several surgeries. Probably safer than mingling with all kinds of sick folks for any length of time.

Just to be sure I’ll light a few candles at church to go with the prayers. Catholics are big on the candle lighting intentions. 🕯🕯🕯
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love that idea, Yooly!
    I am glad I'll be going home. I need my pup to sleep well at night <3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Since there is a vague chance that you may be slightly out of it, I'm thinking especially if there is some trauma potentially. Hopefully not too much. But you know under the theory that we may not know enough ahead of time, have you considered either importing one of the dog co-parents or possibly someone from one of those nurse next door services? Or what have you or otherwise to be on standby to be helpful?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I have a friend who is bringing me home and staying for a bit. She'll stay as long as I need her. But - from what I've been reading/told - this will feel like small potatoes compared to the shoulder surgery. And small potatoes are good!!! Thank you for looking out, PAV <3
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Well this is awesome because my cunning alternative plan to burn some Air France points in case of emergency was stymied and summarily dashed because it looks like WestJet no longer flies between Hamilton and Abbotsford, but they've relegated that to scoop. While they're one and the same underlying airline if you're paying cash, they're not the same on points as you can't spend flying blue on scoop 🙀

Plus I admit that travel time is not just an hour or two!!!!🤪
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Baby purple are the softest small potatoes! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Well if a visit from you is an option - I'm ditching my friend :) (though she is an excellent cook :) )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Excellent cook AND local is a hard combo to ditch 🤪 plus: no WestJet 👿 only scoop😔🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Alas...it was a nice thought :)