Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I think I’m finally making progress. Christmas cookie 🍪 pounds seem to be gone. And another pound too.
    I tried smaller meals with multiple snacks but NO. Went back to three decent meals and strictly limited grazing snacks. Cause I’ll eat full meals whether or not I’m grazing. I can’t seem to cut meals down enough to make up for resulting hungry grazing.
    So portion control and two carefully thought out snacks.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Yooly! You must be feeling pretty excited :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well it was good until this morning when I’m up 2 pounds!!! Overnight! WHY? I have no clue what happened but it’s really making me unhappy. 😤
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You must have been breathing in something, Yooly.

I'm up this morning too, but I know why. Too much extra food yesterday - including a late pizza order :( 1200 calories over maintenance = 6.6 pounds up. At least for me it will mean some nice drop days...it better...lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    That's impressive water retention Laurie! Not bad there yoolie! Come on yoolie, sun is shining, birds a chirping, rattlesnakes are rattling.... I have to admit you're not making me eager to want to hike Texas!!!!😝
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Water and pizza :) It was pretty late when I ate that baby.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Come on yoolie, sun is shining, birds a chirping, rattlesnakes are rattling.... I have to admit you're not making me eager to want to hike Texas!!!!😝

Yup - sun ☀️is shining and it’s supposed to be 95 degrees today. About 20 degrees 🔥above average. But lots of snake 🐍 rattling though. If you want the full Texas experience I recommend coming in August!

I’m still POd about those 2 pounds!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I used to tell people they should avoid visiting Greece in August
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Anyone who comes to visit Texas (or Greece) in August from a temperate climate will surely make it a short trip! Thank goodness for air conditioning or the natives would take off too.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Surprise. 🎉 The two pounds disappeared this morning. Dare I hope forever? Onward!!
    I’m going to conquer those last pounds this year 🏆
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wooohoo!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    The weight is up, down and all around! The double lunch yesterday didn’t help. And now there’s fatty quiche and cookies lying about that my friend insisted I take home.
    I was hoping to be definitely down a few pounds before going to visit family next week in Ohio. But no.....
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Will your hubby or son eat those things? Can you flush them? I know that is a waste - but it is a healthy helpful waste. I'm starting to come to terms with that approach with unexpected food gifts. Declining doesn't always work and I swear sometimes just makes the giver more persistent. So if I get to that spot I try not to think about it too much - just say thank you and immediately send it down the toilet (if it fits :) ) because that is the only safe place for it.

When to you leave for Ohio???
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I will admit to sacrilege! True story: I've done both!

--separate the insides of the quiche from the shell. Weigh and eat the insides and log as crust less quiche! Discard shell :smiley:
    --weight and eat the separated shell by itself! Log as "pie shell" :astonished:

I rest my case! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Easier to have hubby eat it. He’s doing an admirable job! All should be gone in short order and not temping me.
    I’m just irked that this food was guilt-forced on me. And I could not decline without hurting my friend. But I did specifically ask for no food.... why don’t people believe that respecting my request would make me happy?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Returned from a week long visit with family where food was flying everywhere! Lots of restaurants and celebrations. I was sure I gained at least a few pounds. But no! I’m actually a pound less than the day I left.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    👍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly! On the loss and on being brave enough to step on the scale.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly! On the loss and on being brave enough to step on the scale.

No bravery required. It’s just what I do every morning to know where I am at the start of each day. It’s not a measure of good or bad. I’ve finally learned to give up on the self hatred and guilt based on scale numbers