Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    The numbers have been stubbornly stable since mid December where I acquired 3 pounds of cookie weight. I’m down about 1.5 pounds but stalled there. I guess the good news is that I’m not gaining 👍.... the daily variations are within a pound.
    If I got serious I’m sure I could do better. But stability is so easy.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Stability. Sounds like a pretty good thing, Yooly. A big congratulations on that.

My big number news for the day is that I am almost through my seventh day being face down in a hole 😜 three more to go and then I don’t know what.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,698 Member
    Options
    Barely three days left! YEAH!!!! would you like an audiobook? I am sure I could find something that wouldn't violate copyrights!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, PAV. To be honest, so far in this life I haven’t been keen on audiobooks- they tend to put me to sleep within a few paragraphs 😜 and they don’t offer the same service as my friend who has been reading to me - of noticing I’ve nodded off and asking me the last bit I can remember so that he can go back ❤️🙂

(Did I mention blessed life?)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Good friend that one is!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes 😊
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So - came back from our mini vacation down three pounds! It wasn’t the food choices. I think not being in sight of my own refrigerator and pantry availability avoided the mindless snacking. And there was lots of walking.
    Now to continue that at home……..
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Yooly!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well for sure the being occupied by something away from home matters... as long as it's in a good way!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well that little surprise vacation weight loss was short lived. I’m back to where I started. I should be happy that it wasn’t a gain. Bodies are crazy! Up down up down.......
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Do you use some sort of averaging Yooly? if you weigh regularly... it's a good tool.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Do you use some sort of averaging Yooly? if you weigh regularly... it's a good tool.

No. I just weigh every morning. Then try to keep that number in mind when choosing food that day. I know most of the time the uptick is only temporary. Weight has been remarkably stable for months.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yes. It is remarkable how my body and brain hamsters have a lack of two switches and or malfunctions when it comes to two switches: The first one is well. This tastes good. Why should I stop eating it now even if I'm full? And the second one is: I've had enough food to eat but I'm mentally off kilter. Why don't I eat crap till this whole thing magically fixes itself? Oh oh and let's add a third about being tired and or cold. Do you notice a pattern though? None of them involve not eating food;
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Some strange way I have encountered that fourth switch that I don’t know if I’ve ever encountered before in my life. There’s been a couple of days recently when I had to sit and make food choices because I wasn’t able to eat beyond my satiety level. Very very strange. Normally I don’t have to prioritize which food I’m going to eat because I can eat all of it.
    Unfortunately yesterday and today indicated that situation has passed… but I hope it hasn’t completely disappeared.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Two weeks of sloppy eating and snacking. The scale is up 5 pounds! And I feel it. I’m uncomfortable and sluggish. Gym workout is getting harder and I’m tired. Lots of escape napping too.
    So back to accountability today. Five pounds is my self imposed trigger to STOP and log everything that goes in my face.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Numbers creeping down slowly. But oh - it’s a hour by hour struggle.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I like the safety system you have in place
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    A few more ounces gone. Soooo slow but hanging on.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well that's certainly inspiring, especially as compared to the alternative!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    good work, YOoly!