Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    This morning I’m back down to my +3 lb. Christmas cookie weight. So basically worked off the new extra stress pounds. Will it last? Hope so - the Christmas cookie pounds need to go too.
    I’d really like to be at my lower happy weight before our mid September Hawaii trip. It’s two weeks of cruise food and resort restaurants. Not much bunny food. 🐰
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Good going, Yooly! Hope you reach your mid September goal. That trip will serve as a very nice incentive.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,903 Member
    Options
    Off to the races for Yooly!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It seems like the scale has decided he wants to go up again. Strange have that sentence does not assign any responsibility to me… It’s all on the shoulders of the scale.

I’m surprised actually because I’ve been walking more than I have in two months…I haven’t been eating strictly but I have not had any bingeing of any amount in awhile. I guess it’s back to tracking 😜 imagine that.

Tomorrow… no, that’s stupid I guess it should just be today.

Interestingly enough this occurred to me just before I posted… it’s just been the past week or two that I’ve been weighing myself again. After not weighing myself in months on my way remaining high then I would like it to be but stable.

Coincidence? Or some subconscious awareness that all this good eating is going to come to an end soon so better sneak in a few more calories while I’m not paying attention???

• PAV8888
    Options
    be gentle!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So gentle that it didn’t happen 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Day 3 of tracking. 1800 is my aim - Wednesday was 1840, yesterday was 1846 not too bad - yesterday especially because after pup and I had a MacDonald' ice cream cone a neighbour asked if I could drive her to a community garden AND stop for a MacDonald's cone...and of course we did (and I know PAV that the calories are probably higher than listed - but I'm okay with that at this point) ... and then I had one beer at a comedy show I unexpectedly attended last night ... so 1846 felt like a major win!

And of course came that initial weight loss. 3.2 pounds down! Woohoo! And that is during a heat wave so it will probably drop again when it cools down in the next few days (fingers crossed).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'll sacrifice for the cause and bring out a scale with me over the next few days.... somehow if the weather holds I'm figuring I will have a few opportunities to increase my sampling..… and I'm curious myself since the last time I weighed them was over 7 years ago
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you for your sacrifice, PAV
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    13.5 lbs down since starting. Not too shabby! Still have a super long way to go but at least it is going in the right direction.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Way to set an example, Scout.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Managed to get a few pounds off before going on vacation. I needed that buffer to prevent a whopping weight gain!
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Just be as careful as you can on the management. 'cause, well, you know the why: when going from under to over eating (guilty as charged here mind you) we're even more inclined than usual to keep on eating...

when are you taking off?
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Just be as careful as you can on the management. 'cause, well, you know the why: when going from under to over eating (guilty as charged here mind you) we're even more inclined than usual to keep on eating...

when are you taking off?

I’m usually pretty good and careful eating out. No buffets or free for all. Leaving Thursday morning.
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Are you packed?!
    is hubby packed?!?! :wink:

Did I mention the incredibly well done during the prelude to the vacation? I mean hats-off seriously on successfully whittling down during the run up!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are you packed?!
    is hubby packed?!?! :wink:

Nope - packing tomorrow. Just have some of the basics gathered up. The weather in Hawaii isn’t that different from Austin - well maybe 15-20 degrees cooler than what we’ve had all summer. And whatever we forgot we can pick up along the way.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Don't forget your snow jacket!!! (20 degrees!--cooler :wink: ) :smile:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yeah - it was 92 here today. Coolest day since June 10! We had 75 days over 💯 mostly around 105 degrees.

So Hawaii’s upper 80s will be a relief. 83xw0qjbh8v2.jpeg
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Have an amazing time! Great job loosing a little extra before heading out. I agree with PAV it’s hard to stop once you start but as long as you are mindful of what you are doing I’m sure you’ll do great when you get back. You always have support!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great work, Yooly! You set a fine example for us. Hope your travels are amazing.