Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Monday morning I face the bathroom scale😳. I don’t feel a gain outside salt bloating. A week worth restaurant food and few salads. It will be interesting.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,903 Member
    Options
    Wait a day or two. overnight flight! 🤯
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself but don’t put too much “weight” into those numbers. Cruise ships do purified salt water which can cause tons of bloating. Also I’m sure there was a ton of salty food. And then the airplane also causes your weight to go up. Your real numbers will come in a few days when you get back on track and your body adjusts.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Fortunately ( :) ) you don't get to see your bathroom scale this morning! ONE (and only?) benefit of the craziness of the past few days.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ah but tomorrow will come. Time to pay the piper soon. I see many salads and bunnies in my future.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Tomorrow does come. I hope you and your scale have an OK meeting in the morning.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Weighed this morning. Much to my surprise I’m down two pounds! And I haven’t had time to move the salt and airline bloat.
    Of course, now I’m close to my fridge and the bounty hubby will be hauling in from the grocery store. Who knows what wondrous and calorific treats were on unresistable SALE.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,903 Member
    Options
    Do not blame your able hunter for proudly bringing back his trophies!

This, my friend, is a management level failure!🙀🙀🙀 You didn't exert active misredirection at the grocery selection level! A twist of the hip, a bit of a smile, putting the items back on the shelf as soon as he turns around to grab more 😆😁🤣🤣🤣😎
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    But, but, but - I’m doing laundry. He went to the grocery ALONE! 😳🫣🥺
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good for you, Yooly!!!!! So. If I'm following. To achieve your goal weight you need to spend a few months in Hawaii?!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good for you, Yooly!!!!! So. If I'm following. To achieve your goal weight you need to spend a few months in Hawaii?!

Absolutely! Preferably eating only when served with no snacks!

That goal is already shot after one day in my own kitchen. Random tastes, a little of this and that, available snacks. Back to tracking tomorrow.....
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Almost here 🙂 I weighed myself today! Woohoo. I think the number is fine. 236 lbs … that’s with much swelling still. It seems that a boob has grown back it’s just about 6 inches lower than it’s supposed to be 🙂

Without any tracking or imposing any real control on my eating this is pretty fantastic.

Now - how to shift back into weight loss without triggering the hamsters…

I hear PAV… words about moderation and sustainability. Theoretically I fully understand that. 😂
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Laurie ease into it slowly. Better to not get that big jolt to wake up those hamster.

I am almost back to my pre cruise weight. This week has been hard getting back at the deficit and working out. I am starting a new class next week. Aquatic Bootcamp. Sounds awesome and I hope it is a good workout! That will be 4 days a week of 2 hour workouts and 3 days off. I do take one sloth day a week where I just lay around and do nothing. Those other 2 days I am at work and doing stuff with my kid so there is some movement.

This weekend we are camping and setting up a pumpkin patch for a fundraiser. It's supposed to be a little cold but not freezing so it will be doable. I am going to miss my workout on Monday. I am taking my son to do a tour at a specialized Math and Science school that he wants to attend.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Will, try Scout! I'm thinking maybe I'll try 10 pound increments. With a few months of maintenance in between?

You are a busy, women! Hope you weekend is fun :)
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have regained the entire 110 lbs. I worked so hard to lose…losing weight is a never ending battle….my life is still insane but I seem to be coping better and I felt like this was the time to get back at it…I am constantly tired and sick of almost being house bound once again…I miss shopping and just walking around in stores…it’s just time….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So good to hear from you, Connie. Let's keep trying and maybe finding a way to make the loss sustainable. Lots of hugs coming your way.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Okay - making a little progress here. Down two pounds. I’m not sure if it’s careful eating or the swelling has gone down on my bruise pd hip.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good stuff, Yooly! May be a combination of both???
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Down is down!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Finally jacket weather. I pulled on a favorite one yesterday but.... it wasn’t as comfortable as last year. It fit and closed but I FELT the extra pounds from my trips and physical inactivity. Time to get serious!🥺