Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    That is not a good feeling. Hopefully it inspires you rather than disheartens. <3
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    That is not a good feeling. Hopefully it inspires you rather than disheartens. <3

No it’s not! But on the hopeful side I’m feeling better so will be more active.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ahhhhhh the numbers 😱. Not so hot. A month of feasting, no real exercise- all contributing to a gain. I’m feeling it in clothes.

The wrist brace is due to be retired on Thursday 🤞I hope. It’s still a bit sore but better. I’m going to try the gym on Tuesday with the brace. Obviously no arm, wrist, hand workout. But I think I can handle the treadmill and leg weights.

I fear it will be a long road back but it’s time to get started again.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    🤞🏻 for a healthy new year!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,903 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    🤞
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym early - 6 am. Get it over with before the brain says “ I don’t think so”. Making very slight progress……
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How is the paw coping?
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 8
    Options
    Wow wow wow! I hope you’re taking pictures along the way Nic. Sometimes it’s good to remind oneself of how far we’ve come. Especially on the days when othe going gets difficult.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Nic!!!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Awesome job before and after!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    My math was bad, lol. It was 79, not 89.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    My math was bad, lol. It was 79, not 89.

Even with the math slip, it’s still an impressive achievement!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Numbers were heading down. Then there were cookies 🍪 to bake today. Most will leave the house tomorrow. But some had to be sampled?

And then there’s the salty Chinese 🥠🍜🥢birthday lunch tomorrow too. I’m hoping Sundays weigh-in shows at least a small weekly loss.

Onward to getting it together by spring cause bikini season is coming. Not that ANYONE wants to see a wrinkled 76 year old in a bikini!!! You couldn’t UN-SEE that and it would scar the youngins for the rest of their lives. 😱😱😱
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh my bikini babushka!😎

Same thing here but without any hope for a weekly loss... even Steven would be good!!!

In the meanwhile, either I believe that breakfast + fish and chips + Costco was 5600 Cal above maintenance... or some of it will eventually go away.

Now all three are for sure adding up to 5600 or more.... but not quite the above maintenance part... so another lb still has to leave the building I think!🤷‍♂️

Sampling! Definitely temporary fun!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well I broke even. No loss after midweek progress! I’m hoping that the big bowl of salty hot n sour soup I had yesterday is at fault?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not that it should come as a terrible surprise to anyone who has run the experiment. But while Friday was still elevated (and you would have through that 72 hours would have been enough for things to settle down)... by Saturday things DID settle down. Damage was 0.5lbs... about double what logging implies should have happened. But then again... I wasn't exactly logging using a scale.

You know... it is funny. No matter what the near term stuff says... when you zoom out you can get a pretty clear picture.

Whether you use moving averages or exponentially smoothed moving averages. Or whether you do like a friend of mine does and just calculate a weekly average and then a monthly average and then list these weekly or monthly averages on a graph. That last one? The monthly averages over a year... that one is pretty telling!

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Lost a pound overnight!

I’ve been following my trends last year. And it’s not been good. Slow up creep. So time to put the brakes on. I didn’t work on this for nearly five years to lose it all to snacks.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I don't think this will help, Yooly, but it will probably make you smile.

These are screenshots from a short video on Instagram. Fellow embarking on the weight loss plan. I'm not sure he's using his scale appropriately, Pav, what do you think?

Does eating Cheetos one by one because they don't register on your scale count as 0 cal???
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    4mw3uyq22gy1.png
    j76mvw9ob0oa.png