Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    So - made some progress this week. Pre- Christmas numbers! More to go. But lately I’ve been focused. Maybe I’m just getting over all the injury setbacks. 👍
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Yooly! Must have your spirits soaring (at little :) ) It is a GOOD Friday!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 225 Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    Healthier numbers this week & Happy Scale say pre 2017 for first time. Yey 🤗
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I took my weight yesterday morning, pre-starting I nutrition. 237.6
  • Yoolypr
    Options

But how are you doing with the eating problem? Any answers?
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Scale crept back up! 😳 …. Not attaching emotion! Not half 😉
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    Well April was nicely in the correct decade till last Saturday's 🎉 a full week to see the same decade and still need a good lb to get back to last Saturday morning!🤯🤬
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 12
    Options
    Hey - where’s the promised party photos Mr. PAV?

I’m making slowwwwww progress. Half the Christmas cookie weight is gone. Five more pounds to go - ten would be really great- but getting there. Unfortunately vacation, family visits etc. season is upon us. There will be much going out to eat in the next few months.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You had Christmas cookie weight??? I thought you managed to freeze them all and deploy them to the "boyz" in your family!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You had Christmas cookie weight??? I thought you managed to freeze them all and deploy them to the "boyz" in your family!

There was some quality control sampling of Christmas cookies. But honestly most of the weight was probably from lack of activity due to injury.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

But how are you doing with the eating problem? Any answers?

No answers. I see my Dr again Tuesday. I am now tolerating clear liquids (third day) and plan to start yogurt and pudding tomorrow. Answers would be great, but I am not sure how else to find them. I've had two abdominal CTs (one with just iv contrast, one with oral contrast), a barium swallow study and an EGD. I am not sure any other diagnostic imaging exists for this. He did take some biopsies when he did the EGD, to check on some stuff like H. Pylori.

I hope to go back to work Wednesday night.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oooh - h pylori. I’ve had a couple bouts with that. Hope that’s not it but at least mega antibiotics knock it out. Unfortunately sometimes it comes back.

I don’t know how you keep working through all this Nic.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Oooh - h pylori. I’ve had a couple bouts with that. Hope that’s not it but at least mega antibiotics knock it out. Unfortunately sometimes it comes back.

I don’t know how you keep working through all this Nic.

Well, I did miss 3 weeks of work the first go round. It would be 2 this time but a schedule shift (work at the end of the week this upcoming week) makes it just possible I can get away with going back to work this week instead.
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 14
    Options
    H Pylori is a tricky one - and some research says maybe a misunderstood one???? I've had it since the late 80s. Had a terrible problem with duodenal and stomach ulcers for almost thirty years. Was blamed on h pylori. Two rounds of the multi antibiotic pack did not wipe it out. But the ulcer problem just disappeared???? Still testing positive for H Pylori - but no ulcer action in 9 years. Thank the gastrointestinal gods.

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Had my 6 month maintenance check-up today, good results. Here are the DEXA (first page) and InBody scans.

Z5y2N8j.png

1t3QAK9.png

Managed to gain some muscle this time too! Onwards.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Congratulations Dante! It’s all Greek to me ( bad pun) but obviously you have been doing an excellent job with maintenance. How your life must have changed over the last year! And with all that tempting food on your table. 👍👍👍
  • PAV8888
    edited April 17
    Options
    @Dante_80

DUDE! You're OFF THE CHARTS, literally, on body composition!!!! Woohoo!

Like well into the 90th percentile for people your age and a prime example of how one can be both very lean and at an overweight bmi

And did you look at that "metabolic age"... I mean I HOPE it is BS because I'm OLD according to my scale... but you're down to 28yo!!!!!

No surprise on the visceral fat being 5 because it looks like you have a DOUBLE DEVICE (dexa+inbody) confirmation of insanely wonderful body composition results with close agreement on the measurements between them!!!

Now: seriously. Have you been hitting the gym or something? I mean this is not just "random" increase in lean mass while still reducing fat mass! If we exclude 14/11/2023 as a measurement aberration since doesn't look to me to match the progression of the rest of your data, we have a 1.5 to 2yr steady state with slightly improving body composition!

Woohoo!!!!!
  • Dante_80
    edited April 17
    Options
    Ah, many thanks for the kind words guys... <3

Yeah, I've been going to the gym for quite a while, but I really started taking it seriously from the start of 2024 and on. Right till then, I think I was more like..moving the weights around lol. :s

I found in January a couple of channels on yt (RP + JN) and after inhaling a lot of info and science on the subject at hand I started a more comprehensive program. It's going well so far, and it is pretty fun and challenging too!

Let's see how this unfolds..a good thing about growing a little more muscle is...that I will be able to eat more delicious food that way! :p

Hope everyone is doing alright, salutations from sunny Athens.. :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, Dante! What an inspiration. And thank you, PAV, for deciphering :)
  • Dante_80
    edited April 18
    Options
    For reference, since the last Inbody scan shown in that paper is from 11-30-21, I also found that one to show more of the progress going further back.

MRWwurU.jpeg

And there is (sadly) more, up to 178.8kg, I don't have those here in the house tho. :s