Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My goal today is to go to the pool again!...was really nice to burn those extra calories yesterday!...think about how far I have come and not dwell on how far I still need to go!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited September 2019
    Today’s Goals - Love myself, by always being patient, kind and understanding with myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my actions, and my results. Commit to my plan for the day. Review my motivations and update my goals. Modify my plan for tomorrow. Practice listening to my bodies hunger and fullness signals. Spend 5 minutes in a Grateful Meditation. Spend 5 minutes visualizing/imagining myself having achieved my weight loss goal. Spend 5 minutes writing down the actions I took to achieve my goal. Tell my wife and kids individually that I love them, and that they are perfect in each and every way, here, now, and always.
    Yesterday Assessment - Very challenging day. Never really got lower than a -1, and kept myself at a 3 or 4 (conscious emotional eating) most of the day. We held my Dad’s Tribute on Saturday, and I didn’t really didn’t eat or hydrate myself properly. I spent Sunday recovering. Only got 68 ounces of water. . Commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles or options that stand between you and your goals! Failure is ok, as long as I fail forward!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited September 2019
    My goal today is to go to the pool again!...was really nice to burn those extra calories yesterday!...think about how far I have come and not dwell on how far I still need to go!

Very nice! Keep working your plan!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My appetite goes the other way when I go through something like that. I just did in March and I was eating so little that I started "supplementing" pizza I had frozen to keep my calories high enough. I think in the short term I would rather eat too much than too little.
  • conniewilkins56
    It doesn’t matter if I am sad or happy...my solution was always to eat!
  • It doesn’t matter if I am sad or happy...my solution was always to eat!
    Learn and practicing the process of just being with my emotions and not eating for them is still very challenging for me. I do have stretches where it feels manageable, but at times, I really struggle to just BE with them and not buffer them with food!
  • NovusDies
    I wish I understood emotional eating better. I have someone very close to me going through a rough time and she wants to lose weight but she keeps running into her very understandable emotions. You can help people with the mechanics of weight loss but you cannot always help with what happens between the ears.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @NovusDies ..emotional eating sucks! I've been battling it for years! You think you got it kicked and it rears its ugly head once again. It makes a person feel incredibly weak! I'm doing the CBT therapy in Hope's that I can get my thoughts and diet under control.🤞
  • NovusDies
    edited September 2019
    @NovusDies ..emotional eating sucks! I've been battling it for years! You think you got it kicked and it rears its ugly head once again. It makes a person feel incredibly weak! I'm doing the CBT therapy in Hope's that I can get my thoughts and diet under control.🤞

I considered suggesting that when she gets a little closer to daylight on the quite terrible thing that has happened to her.

I have faith that you will get a lot of good tools from the CBT.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @NovusDies I know Therapists recommend CBT Therapy for all kinds of things. If she is starting out might be a good thing work with a Therapist to get into the swing of things. I took CBT Therapy about 10 years ago with a Therapist in regards to my depression and suicidal thoughts and it did wonders for my mindset there. Highly recommend it. I'm doing it alone for Weight Management because I understand what it all entails from doing CBT prior. I hope your friend finds some help/relief. It's a tough road to travel when it comes to feeling your mental state is compromised.
  • NovusDies
    @NovusDies I know Therapists recommend CBT Therapy for all kinds of things. If she is starting out might be a good thing work with a Therapist to get into the swing of things. I took CBT Therapy about 10 years ago with a Therapist in regards to my depression and suicidal thoughts and it did wonders for my mindset there. Highly recommend it. I'm doing it alone for Weight Management because I understand what it all entails from doing CBT prior. I hope your friend finds some help/relief. It's a tough road to travel when it comes to feeling your mental state is compromised.

She just started counseling so it may up in the course of treatment.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    My goal for today is to do a 45 min workout video and hit my 10k fitbit goal.
  • Today’s Goals - Love myself, by always being patient, kind and understanding with myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my actions, and my results. Develop my vanishing to do list. Commit to my plan for the day. Modify my plan for tomorrow. Practice listening to my bodies hunger and fullness signals. Spend 5 minutes in a Grateful Meditation. Spend 5 minutes visualizing/imagining myself having achieved my weight loss goal. Spend 5 minutes reviewing and updating my affirmations. Send thank you notes to friends and family.

Yesterday Assessment - Great day! Ate 2 to -2 at breakfast, lunch and dinner. No snacks, and 80 ounces of water. Commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles or options that stand between you and your goals! Failure is ok, as long as I fail forward!
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Goal for today...put in my full hour workout tonight, log EVERY calorie, work extra hard on the dock, burn some body fat!!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    My goal for today is to do a 45 min workout video and hit my 10k fitbit goal.

Did my 45 min video and ended up getting 20k all together.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    My goals for today : get my workout accomplished first thing, watch my calories, and make sure to climb up and down the stairs at work as much as possible! :smiley:
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    It doesn’t matter if I am sad or happy...my solution was always to eat!

Me too, if I'm happy it's celebrating, if I'm sad it makes me feel better - until I don't because I've over-eaten. It's a terrible circle to be in and really hard to break it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Today's goals (Mon 23rd Sept):

> 6000 Steps :|
    > Strength Training :|
    > Accurate Logging :)

Steps were around 4500, it was torrential rain Mon evening so I did some stationary bike in front of the TV instead. I skipped strength training, I have no excuse I was just feeling lazy.
    Average around 5700 per day for Mon-Weds and did some strength training last night as well as a very intense row.

Daily goals for the rest of the week:

> 6000 steps
    > 7 hours sleep
    > No phone 1 hour before bed (excl. on call work)
    > Meditation
    > Complete my journal when at home

Weekly goals for this week still to be completed:

> 1 more strength training session
    > 2 more yoga sessions
    > 2500 deficit to achieve weekly deficit of 4000 cals.

And have come up with my Countdown Challenge for October:

bhwsdr3akdtf.jpg
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal for today and the weekend is to just get through it.....it’s been a difficult week....roller coaster emotions and lots of mental challenges....gotta be strong!