Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @jjlewey BTW thanks for inspiring me to up my step count. I used to do about 5000/day and look at your posts in wonder, thinking I couldn't do all that walking.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My goal was to go get dry goods, Kleenex,soap,cleaners,tissue paper, etc and I did and I am done with Walmart for a month....
    Be more patient with myself and others.
    Stay under my calorie limit.
    Prepare dinner for the entire family tonight because my daughter has a faculty meeting after school.
    Get some kind of exercise in this afternoon.
    Stay focused and motivated.
    Encourage my husband to keep fighting his battle with severe RA and help him accept his limitations as it progresses.
    Keep smiling and be thankful because others have it so much worse than I do!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    @jjlewey BTW thanks for inspiring me to up my step count. I used to do about 5000/day and look at your posts in wonder, thinking I couldn't do all that walking.

Glad I could help in a little way, congrats on dropping down to the 200's. Reading about you doing that inspires me to reapply and keep up the fight myself.
  • merph518
    Options
    @jjlewey Thanks! Just sent you a FR, I should have done so a while back.
  • merph518
    edited October 2019
    Options
    For today:
    • 12,000+ steps
    • Couch to 5k Week 7 Day 2 (complete)
    • Keep under 1900 calories
    • Check out a new local place for lunch
    • Beat Saber session this evening
    • 17,000 steps
    • done
    • 1700ish calories
    • Lunch was great!
    • Hour and a half of Beat Saber

• jjlewey
    Options
    For today:
    • 12,000+ steps
    • Couch to 5k Week 7 Day 2 (complete)
    • Keep under 1900 calories
    • Check out a new local place for lunch
    • Beat Saber session this evening
    • 17,000 steps
    • done
    • 1700ish calories
    • Lunch was great!
    • Hour and a half of Beat Saber

I dont know how you keep your calories that low, I can go at 2200ish for a few days then I need a higher day. Most the time I try to stay in the 2500-2800 category
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - got a good deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 2 - got another decent deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 3 - try again for the same but haven't walked to work so need to get to the gym today

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Daily goals this week:
    > 8000 Steps per day M :) Tu :)
    > 7 Hours sleep per day M :) Tu :)
    > Better sleep hygiene (no phone 1 hour before bed) M :) Tu :|
    > Meditation M :) Tu :)
    > Gratitude Journal M :) Tu :)
    > Accurate Logging M :) Tu :)

Found myself messing with some stuff on my phone to get latest audiobook sorted on my Alexa about half hour before bed as I listen to it whilst I am getting ready for bed, otherwise doing quite well with goals so far this week.

• merph518
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    I dont know how you keep your calories that low, I can go at 2200ish for a few days then I need a higher day. Most the time I try to stay in the 2500-2800 category

I try to eat smaller meals and snack only when I'm hungry. Yesterday was lower than usual for me (1800-2000) as I had a salad at lunchtime. I used to feel more hungry during the day but over time I became used to eating less.

(my food logs are public if you feel like taking a gander, though I feel like you're more wondering how I get by eating less than what specifically I'm eating)

• jjlewey
    edited October 2019
    Options

I try to eat smaller meals and snack only when I'm hungry. Yesterday was lower than usual for me (1800-2000) as I had a salad at lunchtime. I used to feel more hungry during the day but over time I became used to eating less.

(my food logs are public if you feel like taking a gander, though I feel like you're more wondering how I get by eating less than what specifically I'm eating)

It's just interesting to me what people use for goals, especially ones who have had sustained success. I started back in July trying to stay under 2500 calories. While I could do that, I did feel a little stressed after awhile. More recently I set my goal at less than 3000. If I am smart and diligent about meal prepping/planning it is easy to stay under my goal. Thanks for sharing @merph518
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

It's just interesting to me what people use for goals, especially ones who have had sustained success. I started back in July trying to stay under 2500 calories. While I could do that, I did feel a little stressed after awhile. More recently I set my goal at less than 3000. If I am smart and diligent about meal prepping/planning it is easy to stay under my goal. Thanks for sharing @merph518

Keep in mind you need less calories as you lose weight and you also have an extremely active job so what will work for @merph518 at his weight and activity level will be too little for you right now.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I changed my weight loss goal from 2 pounds a week to 1.5 so I would get a few more calories and not feel stressed or deprived....the crazy thing is, since I changed it, I have not eaten my max calories! SMH....I guess I just needed to know I could have more if I wanted them......jjlewey I like food....I stretch mine out so it looks like more....I use a smaller plate and if I simply spread it out, it seems like I am getting more...I also have little snacks all day...I love the new Sargento Balanced Breaks....enough protein,sweet and salty in them to satisfy...
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Day 1 - got a good deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 2 - got another decent deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 3 - try again for the same but haven't walked to work so need to get to the gym today

Day 3 - got to the gym, watched the Apprentice with wine but still had a decent deficit, only got 9910 steps though
    Day 4 - same again, gym today and breakfast and lunch pre-logged
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited October 2019
    Options

Daily goals this week:
    > 8000 Steps per day M :) Tu :) W :)
    > 7 Hours sleep per day M :) Tu :) W :)
    > Better sleep hygiene (no phone 1 hour before bed) M :) Tu :| W :|
    > Meditation M :) Tu :) W :)
    > Gratitude Journal M :) Tu :) W :)
    > Accurate Logging M :) Tu :) W :)

All good apart from the phone yesterday, was late home anyway because of rowing, so was only in about half hour before bed.

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've been wishy washy about swimming tonight, but I think I'll make that my goal for today.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am going to eat only what I have pre logged and not change it every five minutes!.....going to get some exercise....be happy.....be patient.....be thankful!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I changed my weight loss goal from 2 pounds a week to 1.5 so I would get a few more calories and not feel stressed or deprived....the crazy thing is, since I changed it, I have not eaten my max calories! SMH....I guess I just needed to know I could have more if I wanted them......jjlewey I like food....I stretch mine out so it looks like more....I use a smaller plate and if I simply spread it out, it seems like I am getting more...I also have little snacks all day...I love the new Sargento Balanced Breaks....enough protein,sweet and salty in them to satisfy...

It's almost always psychological :lol: when it's over your "budget" you want it, when you have the budget you don't need it.

It's like when I go shopping when I am strapped for cash I see loads of stuff I would love to buy, when I have the money spare, I see nothing I want.
  • jjlewey
    Options
    Today we are celebrating my oldest 2 sons birthdays. October 2nd and October 3rd, they are 23 and 21 this year. They want to go to a local pizza place and sports bar for a family dinner. My goal is to stay within my tdee maintenance calories today.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    goals for today:
    -get these lab reports graded (!)
    -walk somewhere to grab lunch
    -take the longer way home (6-8 miles), haven't done this in weeks--work/travel has been draining
    -enjoy the lovely cool weather!
    -pick up a brighter bike light
    -relax tonight
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Work the plan for today. Update the plan for tomorrow. Be patient, kind and understanding with myself!