Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Plan for today is to hit my goal exactly. See if I can get 1360 calories perfectly. I'm playing squash tonight (fun league, highest score after 20 minutes) so I'm going to add in a target of 10,000 steps. I'm on exam invigilation so I'll have an hour of walking around the room to help! Dinner is made already for the men in the house, I slow cooked beef cheeks yesterday for a ragu, but I'm having a vegetarian curry with tofu and chickpeas. I'm trying to increase my non-meat meals to 4 nights a week.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Keeping myself motivated and focusing on today....one day and sometimes one hour at a time!
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal today is start exercising for real!....stay focused and be happy....enjoy the day!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    My goal for the week is to stick with my exercise plan for the week. Zumba Monday and Wednesday, Strength Training Tuesday and Thursday, and Deep water Swimming on Saturday. I haven't been as strict on my exercise plan as I have been in the past. Time to get back to it!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    My plan for the next two days is to go to Zumba today and weight train tomorrow. I am super sore from my Body Pump class on Sunday so I need to push myself to keep going.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    michne16 wrote: »
    My plan for the next two days is to go to Zumba today and weight train tomorrow. I am super sore from my Body Pump class on Sunday so I need to push myself to keep going.

Good Luck in your class today! Zumba kicked my butt last night. I kept with it and finished but man it was harder than the past few weeks worth of classes. Tonight is strength training and cubscouts!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    p2z2d7l58oio.png

And another weekend away, this time for work though and came back feeling rather ill, so have spent the last 2 days working from home (i.e. bed) so not a lot of activity done.

Last week's summary
    • Not as active has I have been recently so just under my goal, hit around 8300 on avg per day.
    • Have not slept well towards the end of last week.
    • Kept my spreadsheet up-to-date and did some work on Beck Workbook
    • Mostly did Sleep meditation last week.
    • Did not do any exercise other than walking last week, too fatigued with illness.
    • Ditto - Yoga
    • Ditto - Strength Training.
    • Protein - bit closer to my target last week at average 107g per day.

Today's goals:

> Aim for maintenance or below
    > Log accurately
    > Do some yoga
    > Go for a short walk

• michne16
    Weights and exercise bike at the gym. Need to complete today to get my fitness credit at work since I won't be able to go to the gym after today until December.
  • conniewilkins56
    My goals are to be happy, eat healthy, smile more, enjoy the day, be patient, and get some exercise in my routine!
  • My goals are to be happy, eat healthy, smile more, enjoy the day, be patient, and get some exercise in my routine!

Very nice!
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png

Today's goals:

> Aim for maintenance or below :smile:
    > Log accurately :smile:
    > Do some yoga :smile:
    > Go for a short walk :smile:

Got out for a walk despite the yellow weather warning (p.s. thanks to all the lovely 4x4 drivers who seem to aim for the puddles next to the pavement.)

Did some yoga and meditation before bed.

Food was around maintenance and I logged everything.

Today's goals:
    • Aim for maintenance or below
    • Do some yoga
    • Plan meals for the weekend/week ahead
    • Clear out some paperwork
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Today is the last day of our step challenge thing at work, which has been going on since the 4th. My goal today is 20,000+ steps, so my team can finish out the challenge holding onto our lead. I don't want any surprises tomorrow morning.
  • michne16
    Eat below my fat macro today. I've been under calories but my fat percentage has been off the charts. Be productive at work and enjoy my massage this evening.
  • tinkerbellang83
    michne16 wrote: »
    Eat below my fat macro today. I've been under calories but my fat percentage has been off the charts. Be productive at work and enjoy my massage this evening.

I tend to (and many others do) tend to look at fat as minimum rather than a maximum. I try to keep saturated fats lower (as much as I do love my cheese) and focus on unsaturated fats such as nuts, seeds, fish and vegetable oils.
    A good balance of proteins and fats keeps me feeling full and helps absorb vitamins.
  • michne16
    Thanks, @tinkerbellang83 . I have been going WAY over my fat allotment (both total and saturated) because I've been eating too much dairy and nuts. I eat nuts every day but have found myself eating multiple servings a day. While according to the tests I have had over the past year my gallbladder is fine, but I have found when I have several high fat days in a row, my digestive system rebels as well. Sorry if this was TMI. I agree that fats are important to a healthy diet.
  • conniewilkins56
    My main goal today is not throttling my granddaughter who is home from school with a cold....
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    I'm fluctuating between no hunger (anxiety issues due to sick family) and overeating because of ... I don't know. It's not by much. Life is weird. Bodies are weird, so my goals today are just to ride out the drama and hopefully get this headache to stop.

Also, to eat pretty ok. I still haven't gotten on the scale because I'm too terrified of what it'll say after vacation and and all. Which is silly because normally I'm super ok with just numbers. Numbers don't have feelings. I think all the issues in life are turning everything topsy turvy and things that didn't matter before, matter now.
  • michne16
    I am going out of town on vacation next week and I was gone all of last week. For this week, I decided that I didn't need to go to the grocery store because I should use up all the food I had in my freezer. While this sounds both sensible and economical, the food that I had on hand wasn't a full meal and I didn't plan beyond just using what I had so I had issues overeating on Monday because I was grazing. Planning is so very important so I pledge to continue to plan my meals for the rest of this week until I leave.

Overall goals for the next two weeks:
    1. Not to overeat or eat foods that I should not have at our office Christmas party on Friday
    2. Get as many steps in as possible next week to offset vacation eating (which there is no planning for at this point beyond making sure I make the best choice that I can)
    3. Get in my 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
    4. Drink my water daily.
    5. Don't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon
    6. Strive to maintain weight instead of gaining weight.
  • Follow my plan for today. Update plan for tomorrow.

Be patient, kind and understanding with myself!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Be your amazing future self today!