3. Continue to work on knee strengthening exercises
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    michne16 wrote: »
    1. Stop bingeing on peanut butter
    2. Be focused and productive at work
    3. Continue to work on knee strengthening exercises

Peanut Butter is the debil :lol: I have to hide it at the back of the cupboard.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are: ...make it through one more day,one hour at a time....get some kind of exercise....be patient and kind....be happy and thankful for my many blessings....prepare a delicious dinner.....take some time to think about my long term goals
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Try not to overdo it with the turkey dinner..lol 😃
    Up my water intake
    Sort thru some clutter and do some much needed filling.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are: ...make it through one more day,one hour at a time....get some kind of exercise....be patient and kind....be happy and thankful for my many blessings....prepare a delicious dinner.....take some time to think about my long term goals

It’s so important to think about our long term goals and the actions we need to take to achieve them regularly. Very nice!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I haven’t been successful at staying on a healthy eating plan for such a long time...I can’t really think too far ahead....i am still afraid of failing although I want to do this so badly....
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been successful at staying on a healthy eating plan for such a long time...I can’t really think too far ahead....i am still afraid of failing although I want to do this so badly....

That has been my secret mental defense. Never spend too much time thinking about anything other than today. I will consider meal ideas for the near future but I really only look further ahead if I need to plan something and then I get back to today.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    My goal this last weekend was to hit 2 consecutive miles walking. I failed. The closest I got was 1.69 and not because I couldn't do more it is just that the puppy is still not great on the leash.

But I did it today so YAY for the world not ending on Sunday night!

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Congratulations on walking two miles!....what kind of puppy do you have?...we have THE puppy from Hell....she is a 9 month old Pitsky...part pit and part husky....Willow should have been named Wicked!...I will have to share some “ Tails of Willow “ in another post.....

I try to plan my menu daily but it is always subject to change...I just can’t think about long term goals right now...I do good to make it thru each day....keeping my calories in check is my main goal and what I focus on....if I do this, the weight will go down, right?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Daily:
    > 8000 Steps per Day :)Mon - 13995
    > 7 Hours Sleep per night :)Mon - In bed for 22:15 Up at 07:40
    > 60 mins no phone before bed :)Mon - no phone
    > Accurate Logging :)Mon - All foods logged
    > 1 Meditation Session per day :)Mon - continued 7 day guided stress relief meditation
    > Complete Gratitude Journal :)Mon - Gratitude Journal completed

• NovusDies
    Options
    Congratulations on walking two miles!....what kind of puppy do you have?...we have THE puppy from Hell....she is a 9 month old Pitsky...part pit and part husky....Willow should have been named Wicked!...I will have to share some “ Tails of Willow “ in another post.....

I try to plan my menu daily but it is always subject to change...I just can’t think about long term goals right now...I do good to make it thru each day....keeping my calories in check is my main goal and what I focus on....if I do this, the weight will go down, right?

Oh yeah 9 months is when the devil takes over for a time. They reach that point where they are 85ish percent of full size, strong, and sexual maturity. That is when I got mine unfortunately and he had not been neutered. He is a a JRT/Border Collie mix and he has been a handful. I could not get him "fixed" fast enough and that did help. He is getting there but it is often still a battle of wills.
  • NovusDies
    Options

The only goal I started with was to be healthier by my birthday in 2020. There was no weight goal attached. No thought of what any of it would mean. I found it easier. I had no specific expectations so no pressure. It also helped me be patient. I just moved from one day to the next. I didn't even like thinking about the progress I was making that much. The only time I stopped to reflect was major milestones like century changes, major weight amounts, and my first year.

That didn't change until after I passed the 200 mark or for me the 2/3 mark. That is when I decided to start this group and that is when I found out surgery was an option this year. Now I am more comfortable considering other goals.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Good advice...I want to ease in to this long term goal thing....right now I am focusing on one foot in front of the next....I want to lose weight and as long as I am eating lower calories I will keep losing....I know I need to begin some exercise but right now the food intake is my main consideration...I don’t want the loss to go too slow because I would like to enjoy a few slim healthy years before I croak!...I do think about the progress I have made because it amazes me that I am sticking with it...I am still motivated and determined to be healthier!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Daily:
    > 8000 Steps per Day :/Tues - 7437
    > 7 Hours Sleep per night :)Tues- In bed for 22:30 Up at 08:00
    > 60 mins no phone before bed :)Tues - no phone
    > Accurate Logging :)Tues - All foods logged
    > 1 Meditation Session per day :)Tues - completed 7 day guided stress relief meditation
    > Complete Gratitude Journal :)Tues - Gratitude Journal completed

Weekly:
    1 of 2 Strength Training Sessions done .
    1 of 3 Yoga Sessions done.

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Work the plan for today. Update the plan for tomorrow.

Be patient, kind and understanding with myself!

“It doesn’t come natural until it’s practiced unnaturally.”

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

“Fail forward quickly and often!”

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My steps crossed the 14k mark yesterday. I may have finally had a higher day than @jjlewey.

It is hard to have specific daily goals right now but for the remainder of the week:

1) Heal and be happy
    2) Work on getting spreadsheet version 5.0 ready for use.
    3) Hit over 9k steps on any day I do not feel bad

You rock, keep up the good work sir!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Daily:
    > 8000 Steps per Day :)Weds - 15000
    > 7 Hours Sleep per night :)Weds- In bed for 22:30 Up at 08:00
    > 60 mins no phone before bed :)Weds - no phone
    > Accurate Logging :)Weds - All foods logged
    > 1 Meditation Session per day :)Weds - Sound Bath Meditation completed
    > Complete Gratitude Journal :)Weds - Gratitude Journal completed