Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Today I am trying something different for lunch. I don't like veggies....at least none of the ones that are good for you (love corn lol).

I'm eating a healthy choice power bowl with black beans and chicken. It has riced cauliflower, kale, red bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, onions, chard, kale, cotija cheese. It's not too bad. Quite spicy though!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Made up for my rubbish steps Mon & Tues with 12270 yesterday
    • Slept like the dead last night and woke up before my alarm.
    • Updated my goals spreadsheet today.
    • Listened to day 3 of Work Stress mediation series and the Deep Sleep meditation after.
    • Haven't done any rowing yet this week, but plan to go out Saturday and take part in the rowing club's 2 hand regatta.
    • No yoga done this week so far, I haven't really an excuse for this, I've just been focusing more on trying to declutter my apartment after getting back from holiday. I hope to get a couple of sessions done before the end of the week.
    • Ditto - Strength Training.
    • Protein has been a little lower this week, I've reduced my dairy intake recently to cut down on acid reflux and bloat, so trying to find creative ways to bolster my protein intake without increasing my calorie intake too much. Got 120g yesterday but was a little over on calories - work in progress.

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @gewel321 I've been tempted to try a power bowl... for days I dont feel like cooking... I like spicy so maybe I'll try that one
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I had a grilled shrimp power bowl for lunch at Red Lobster today....it was excellent!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I had a grilled shrimp power bowl for lunch at Red Lobster today....it was excellent!

My favorite lunch date meal with my wife is olive garden. Just limit the breadsticks lol. The soup and salad are yummy though.
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Great day for steps yesterday over 18,000
    • Slept quite well
    • Updated my goals spreadsheet today.
    • Listened to day 4 of Work Stress mediation series and the Deep Sleep meditation after.
    • No rowing happening this week - weather warnings in place for the weekend.
    • I did some yoga last night.
    • Will try to get some strength training done tomorrow afternoon as won't be rowing.
    • Still a little low on protein - working on it.

• conniewilkins56
    Enjoy the journey....focus on what is really important....be happy....eat healthy....smile more
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Steps for last week - averaged over 10000 per day
    • Slept reasonably well for last week, I have been scoring 1-3 (1 great, 2 Ok, 3 bad) and average was 1.6.
    • Spent time reading Beck Diet Solution Advantage Cards and filling in my spreadsheet.
    • Listened to meditation every night but Friday, when I wasn't at home.
    • No rowing took place - weather did not allow for it.
    • Did only 1 of 3 yoga sesssions.
    • Didn't do any strength training.
    • protein was about 100g average due to lower levels at start of the week.

Intending to improve on Protein, Strength Training & Yoga this week. May start doing weight lifting in my lunch hour at work again or after work.

Have felt shattered this last week, think it's the season change with the clocks going back last weekend, I often get the winter blues when my Vit D takes a nose dive, so back on the supplements this week.

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    My goal today is to not jump down anyone's throats! I am officially on day 3 of no smoking. Calorie deficit, no caffeine, and no cigarettes make for a very grumpy person!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Today, my goal is to stick to my eating plan and get in some type of exercise.
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Steps - 11477
    • Slept very well last night, even dreamt vividly
    • Filled in spreadsheet yesterday and filled in my gratitude journal.
    • Listened to next session of Work Mindfulness meditations
    • No rowing planned for yesterday
    • Did around 12 mins of Yoga before bed
    • Protein around 100g yesterday.

Planning to add half a scoop of protein powder to my overnight oats to help bolster my intake without increasing overall calories too much.

I don't have much chance to do any strength training at home this week as I've meetings tonight and tomorrow and a dinner following tomorrow's meeting, I'll not be at home from Thursday as I'm visiting family in the UK so will need to try and get it done at lunchtime tomorrow and Thursday.

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    My goal today:
    Eat healthy after 2 weeks of being on the road for work.
    Stay ahead of the snow... lol.. shovelled twice allready today.😀
    Do some chair yoga.. Done😊
    Work in my CBT workbook
    Housework. Fridge has been wiped out and bathrooms cleaned.. now to vacuum😁
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Steps - 9688
    • Slept ok last night, a little broken sleep the last hour.
    • Filled in spreadsheet yesterday and filled in my gratitude journal.
    • Listened to next session of Work Mindfulness meditation & a sleep meditation.
    • No rowing planned for remainder of the week due to weather.
    • Did around 12 mins of Yoga before bed
    • Protein around 95g yesterday.

Out for a work dinner this evening, I've over-logged calories as from memory I didn't eat much more than chicken and vegetables at the same place last year. In any case protein intake for today should be about 140g so should bring up my average.

I brought my workout gear in to do some weight lifting in the work gym at lunchtime and will do the same again tomorrow.

• conniewilkins56
    Sounds like a very good plan!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Goal for today, apart from my usual ones like hitting my calorie goals, logging, etc, is to hit 13,000 steps. I've been "slacking" lately due to being sore from the gym, and I want to improve my average for a step challenge thing I'm participating in at work.
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png
    • Steps - 6017
    • Slept very well
    • Filled in spreadsheet yesterday, did my Beck Diet exercises and filled in my gratitude journal.
    • Listened to last session of Work Mindfulness meditation & a sleep meditation.
    • No rowing planned for remainder of the week due to weather.
    • No yoga last night
    • Did my upper body/core strength training
    • Protein around 120g yesterday.

Steps were lower than usual as had to take taxis for work thing yesterday, average for the week so far is over 9000 though and I have over 6000 already today with a lot of walking still to do.

I did a short lower body/back workout at lunchtime. Would have been longer but I need to crack on with handover notes for my colleague as I'm out for few days visiting family in the UK.

I am 2lbs down vs this time in my cycle last month :smile:

• conniewilkins56
    Be happy...enjoy the moment I got on the scales this morning!...( down another pound!)....make some lists and plans for the holidays...try to start thinking of some long term goals...( make a bucket list! )... think about my Phase 2 which includes beginning to add exercise to my normal day...I promised myself at 300 lbs and a 50 lb loss I would add exercise!...make a plan that I can stick to!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Nice @conniewilkins56 :smiley:

Ended up at 18,798 steps yesterday, which I think is the highest I've ever done. Was shooting for at least 10,000 today but I'm up to 13,500+ after a long walk over lunch.

Going to kick this step challenge thing's butt. :P
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Today's goal is to travel without candy, only eat two slices of my favorite pizza, and 2-3 cocktails depending on what they are...

I know but in my mind traveling and candy are like peas and carrots.