Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Get through this cold Friday! Try out a new Cajun shrimp and sausage vegetable skillet for dinner tonight!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Get the Christmas lights up on the pergola... actually my husband did it, I just gave orders😁.. Mission accomplished!😀👍
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Get through the rest of the weekend under calorie goal!....enjoy the cooler weather today...stay focused!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Work my plan! I binge ate peanut butter cookies that my daughter made the other day, and had the opportunity to fail forward, again, and improve my plan. I am grateful it didn’t result in a complete derailment of my efforts, and I am able to see it as a way to better understand my thoughts associated with the food, the binge, and quickly get back on track with following my new an improved plan. Honestly, I started to get comfortable in my actions, and I needed a reminder of how slippery the slope can be, and how we need to stay close and refreshed to the compelling reasons we have for ourselves. .
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    It is so easy to get off track...
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My goal for the next week is to hit at least 10,000 steps per day. Been on a roll since Wednesday, pushing myself for the step challenge going on at work.

11/4 - 7714
    11/5 - 8328
    11/6 - 15140
    11/7 - 18798
    11/8 - 18701
    11/9 - 15413
    11/10 - 16600 (so far, though I don't expect to do much more)
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not to binge eat. This will be my goal every day because it has become a real problem.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am a binge eater....I never know what or when is going to trigger it...right now I am in control and it is happening less often...only two episodes in the last five or six months...one was horrible....what kind of binging do you do?....I never know if completely leaving my trigger foods alone helps or if it is better to eat a treat food in moderation....the guilt that wracks you afterwards is devastating ....I am trying to get a plan together to cope with the holidays....how do you cope?
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 I have some ideas, though I haven't had a chance to try them out with the holidays just yet!

one if my plans is to use a plate. I have a tendency to keep eating snack things like chips, cheese, olives, dips, and crackers when I'm at a party. I'm thinking that if I put things in a plate rather than continually grabbing from a bowl, I'll get a better idea of how much I've eaten and can savor things (rather than munching everything quickly). and, even if I go up to maintenance, it's ok, but realizing I can stop filling my plate seems helpful.

another related plan is to not overfill like crazy at potlucks. I get so excited about all the things and decide to try them all, which is ok! as long as it's not heaps of food on the plate. so, I'm going to stick to using a small plate so I remind myself to take smaller portions.

that's what I've got so far... :)
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 I use to binge on sweets-especially cookies, cake, chocolate candy, etc. I have completely given up sugar (real and artificial) for over a year, but the urge for it has never left me. I am now bingeing on natural nut butters-peanut and almond. I was having an issue with PB so I just stop buying it. Then I decided to try almond butter to see if that worked better and I ended up eating pretty much the whole jar yesterday. I have narrowed the occasions down to boredom or super stress. Not having trigger food around around helps but clearly at this point I am just looking for something to binge on. After I finished the jar of almond butter I moved onto cheese. I've kept the demon under control for so long and now it's out again and I don't know what has triggered it. It is a constant struggle for me and I am worn out with it which is why this bothers me so much.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Amkita those are great ideas...I might use a small plate for my dinner....it will look full!...I was going to prepare the dinner and have control over the sugars and added fats but yesterday ny daughter asked if it was ok if she cooked dinner this year!...SMH she never wants to cook!...now I have to rethink my plan!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Michne16 not having the foods around is a good idea...honestly if I am in control of myself it doesn’t bother me to have it in the house...I also just start on something else if I finish with one food...cookies are the worst...I can never eat only one...but if I am on a wild binge, I will eat whatever is handy whether it is a trigger food or not!...it wears you down always wondering when that urge is going to come over you to binge...mine isn’t so much from stress or boredom as it is of a feeling of being over whelmed with the entire situation...adjusting to the fact that this is just the way it is for me...I have to learn to live with it and make the best choices that I can...hang in there!..we really are stronger than we realize!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    p2z2d7l58oio.png

Just back from another weekend away so this is my update for the rest of last week.
    • Steps averaged 10000 per day by end of the week.
    • Did not sleep well on Thursday night, but slept like the dead whilst travelling.
    • Updated my goals spreadsheet today.
    • Finished work stress meditation series, now listening to relationships with others series.
    • No rowing possible last week.
    • Did all yoga sessions
    • Ditto - Strength Training.
    • Protein was just over 100g, looking to improve this with my evening meal choices and snacks going forward. More fish and chicken recipes me thinks.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Remind myself a zillion times why I am losing weight!...be patient and trust the process....quit stressing and relax....this is not a sprint....tell myself how strong I am....smile and enjoy the “ right now”
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Remind myself a zillion times why I am losing weight!...be patient and trust the process....quit stressing and relax....this is not a sprint....tell myself how strong I am....smile and enjoy the “ right now”

Oh yah!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Stay in my calorie allowance for today. I am taking my son and his friend to Dave and busters for the day.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Be patient and let the process work....enjoy where I am right now!
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Today my goal is to get the house cleaned and drag all the boxes of Christmas decorations upstairs.......we always do the day after thanksgiving but that can't happen this year as we'll be out out of town :) Also my goal is to stay in calorie limit!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My goal was to not sit on my butt today despite being tired. Just got back from a six mile walk (with a rest/meal in the middle), so I'll call that mission complete.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Work my plan for today! Update my plan for tomorrow. I am now creating the life of my dreams in an easy and relaxed manner and in a healthy and positive way!