WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Terytha
    You are remembering her and honoring your mom by taking care of yourself. I bet she’d be proud of you. ❤️
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Sunday.. well I have not been saying no enough this week.

So today I’m saying no to food off my plan. Just ate some delicious strawberries.
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Positive Self Talk.

I do this, but not enough at times..

There is one I like to say - I can bear and forebear. It is from the stoics. It means that I can be patient and endure. When things in life are going sideways or even downhill, I can be patient and endure it.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday
    CW - 131.5
    Not much of a difference but I’m struggling to keep my eating under control 😣
    I admire everyone’s honesty in this group and when I struggle I think of the fact that you guys are always open about when you are having a tough time too so I think we are all in the same boat and there are ups and there are downs 🚣🏽‍♂️. @Navydaddjtc and @terytha we admire your honesty and we are thankful you are part of our group 🙏🏽
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I guess... tomorrow is already August 12.

August 12 2019 marks the 7 year anniversary of my mom's death. She died a month before her 50th birthday, in her sleep, surprising the heck out of all of us because she hadn't been sick.

I miss her every single day. But I lost track of time and didn't even think about the date. It's sort of funny and appropriate that tomorrow is my first training session with the PT. Mom always said she didn't want people crying over her. She'd approve.

Big hugs. The first time my parents' "anniversary" passed without me specifically remembering the days (Dad died a couple of days before the 3rd anniversary of Mum's death), I felt SO guilty for forgetting. I think maybe it's always sad to remember those we've lost, but it gets less painful as time goes on. It's been 11 years since Dad died now, and 14 for Mum - August 12th would have been their 69th wedding anniversary if they were still with us, so it's another sad date for me too.

I think @Andreabroadley is right, your mum would most likely be very proud of you for taking care of yourself. I bet you're going to do great at your session tomorrow!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mom leaving so suddenly and so young, @Terytha - that must be really tough. It is true, though, that what you are doing taking care of yourself and working hard is a direction that would make any mom happy and proud.

I have had a lovely day with a friend and fellow musician from long ago - we played together for years way back when, and then she moved back to England after a few years in Canada. She is here with her whole family - lovely husband and 2 fantastic kids in their teens. It is so good to catch up. She knew me before, during, and after my first child arriving on the scene, and up until my daughter was about 2 years old. Now she has met my son and I have met her 2 kids. We got lost in the woods (easy to do at my place!),found our way again, had delish dinner, and will go kayaking, hiking, and just hanging around over the next few days.

I think we could continue the daily NO idea here on our own thread. Tomorrow, I will say NO to anything made from any kind of flour. I find them hard to control, and that they have a bad effect on me. Yesterday I really had too many, and today a bit. Back to none tomorrow and onward. What are you saying NO to? @Andreabroadley has put hers in - add to the pile!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So sorry I've been MIA. If I can please get a "by" this week on the weigh in. I was not around to jump on the scale this weekend. Got a bit of bad medical news and it threw me for a loop. I'll be back in action this week. Thanks.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I guess... tomorrow is already August 12.

August 12 2019 marks the 7 year anniversary of my mom's death. She died a month before her 50th birthday, in her sleep, surprising the heck out of all of us because she hadn't been sick.

I miss her every single day. But I lost track of time and didn't even think about the date. It's sort of funny and appropriate that tomorrow is my first training session with the PT. Mom always said she didn't want people crying over her. She'd approve.

I totally understand how that feels. My mom was 69. I was 32. It’s been 23 years and I still miss her. I always celebrate the anniversary of her death as Mom Day. I take off and do something she would enjoy or spend time with my own children. She passed close to Christmas so we often decorate, bake, or shop. And share stories and memories. We always want our moms and miss them even all these years later. Hugs to you. Your mom would be happy to see you taking good care of yourself, I’m sure. I know my mom would.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sending you many hugs @Terytha. I lost my dad to Alzheimer’s 5 years ago and I miss him every day. Your mom was so young and I can’t imagine how horrible it was to lose her so suddenly!! I agree with everyone else that she would be so proud of you and happy that you are taking charge of your health!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps for Sunday: 5780
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    vce5hdvorxg0.png

I JUST POSTED DAY 2 OF THE MODS CHALLENGE "DID YOU KNOW"
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know#latest

POP ON OVER AND TAKE A PEAK
    GREG
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    So sorry I've been MIA. If I can please get a "by" this week on the weigh in. I was not around to jump on the scale this weekend. Got a bit of bad medical news and it threw me for a loop. I'll be back in action this week. Thanks.

no problem - hope you're OK <3
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am saying NO to sedentary hours. 250 steps or more each hour.

Pssst...my hubby helped me out by eating the rest of those cookies 🍪 🍪

Give your hubby a medal!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 282.0
    CW: 279.2
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member