Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Happy new year all 😊
    Copied this over from another thread, post was made by mtaratoot:

The trick for weight management is calories. The trick for being healthy is nutrition. If you can do both, you win!

Isn't that a great summary? I want to be a winner in 2024! πŸ˜‰

You are a WINNER πŸ₯‡. Because you’re here and still working on making it a better year for you.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Love that quote BCLadybug!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Our ladybug is from BC so she will automatically* win due to playing for the home team!!!πŸ€ͺ

But now that she has broken her silence..... what's our friendly neighborhood @Slashnl up to? πŸ€”πŸ§

*with the commensurate application of appropriate caloric, nutritional, movement and activity management!😘😎
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Perfect!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Perfect!

That you is! πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—πŸ˜˜
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    But now that she has broken her silence..... what's our friendly neighborhood @Slashnl up to? πŸ€”πŸ§

I'm getting back into the routine. I'm glad! I need a little routine to survive the cold weather! ha!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 9
    Options
    Routine cold weather?πŸ€” The intricate mysteries expand!🧐

I'm getting (thankfully) rained on because had this been snow would have been in deep πŸ’©

But it's getting lower, I'm told, than the lonely 1Β°C we got last night so it is an iffy cusp! 😳πŸ˜₯

Seattle conglomerate egg white spinach and feta wrap at just about ~300 Cal placeholding for now!πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Perfect!

Perfect!

☺️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    z9dv8wtqx5ws.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    e94jx6dved1m.jpeg

• lauriekallis
    Options
    NO??????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    j6kwl46kpsvu.png
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 27
    Options
    Well, I didn't listen to @Yoolypr last night/this morning... and it cost me 650 Cal in cookies (and being over maintenance for the day) -- so now I will have to do stupid pet tricks to end up balanced between yesterday and today!

I mean I COULD be a grown up like I used to be and start the new day as a new day... but, especially without a big deficit in place... nope, I will make this thing look pretty!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Cookies or sleep? Perhaps cookies put you to sleep.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nah cookies came before sleep! The opposite would have worked out better for weight control!!!!

What I'm doing is bad advice while applying a substantial deficit. To be clear, when I was applying 500+Cal deficits I both believed and practiced letting overeating events go and concentrating on hitting my targets the next day without trying to overcompensate. The reasons being many. Not the least of which being that excess deficits can trigger restrict-binge behavior.

However when essentially maintaining or applying ~200 Cal level deficits this does present a challenge in that a single +1200 day fully wipes that. And, even accepting that single events tend to have less of an impact than their numbers would indicate, certainly more than one event in proximity would start throwing things for a loop.

So yes. I don't use a weekly debit/credit spreadsheet like a previously active MFPeop used to. This would be more clean/clear cut.

What I do does remove/pollute information that I could have been used to make more correct decisions. But then again I don't really look at my numbers as much as I used to. So yes, I DO move items between proximate days to balance things out!

So the 650Cal of cookies, which represent about 23% of a day's calories based on the 2851 logged during the past 7 days... they ARE getting carried forward till I will hopefully whittle them down a bit. Yesterday I could have probably shoehorned 100/650 into the day... but I carried forward the whole thing given that I should probably remain extra mindful!πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ«£
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sounds too complicated for me Mr. PAV. I just call the daily calorie count whatever it is for the day. Then just do better the next day. I’m not good at creative management.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You missed creative calorie counting 101????🀣 Do we need to introduce you to the Cheetos guy????🀣🀣🀣
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Interesting that it was cookies PAV that got you - it was also cookies (chocolate covered biscuits) that were irresistible to me after 3 in the morning recently, to the tune of 1000 calories. Didn't stop until I finished the box...more accurately, stopped with 3 cookies left and then thought WTH and ate them too - so they wouldn't be around to tempt me 😜 how's that for 3am logic??

I made no attempt to compensate the next day beyond adhering to my regular 250c deficit, for fear of triggering more wanton disregard for my diet lol πŸ˜„

And I actually ended up with a decent loss of 1.1 lbs week over week - go figure.
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 28
    Options
    Why is it always cookies or chips or bad stuff that’s calling in the middle of the night? Why not carrots πŸ₯• or apples 🍎 or celery? Fats, sugar or salty are the main desired craving. Yet most β€œdiet” advice insists you can subdue those cravings with fruits or veggies. Never worked for me. I mostly rely on avoidance cause there’s no one in control around cookies, chips, cheeses, nuts …….

As for the Cheetos dude - he was underweight to begin with!