Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    edited January 28
    Options
    cookies (chocolate covered biscuits)
    You mean three single packs of Lu Petit Ecolier plus a bag of choco "mushrooms" (think of them a similar to Pocky only 5x thicker and 5x shorter and mushroom shaped!)

I've managed to make inroads into the cookie calories today and if I add the two days together I should be at a wash in terms of maintenance calories.

Uh-huh... absolutely love eating an apple-- if I make the smart choice of grabbing one. But yeah...
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Cookies are good (bad) but has anyone ever tried the cinnamon Sugar Pretzels by Dot? My son got a bag the other day and I have been munching them every day. They need to vacate my house ASAP!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    bvaitb7awvqo.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Is it just me or is our little group in a slump right now? I’m hoping we can try to support each other by posting a bit more. Losing weight is a lonely journey at best. It’s just nice to know someone out there is understanding and wants to cheer you on. Let’s hope we can do that for each other!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think you are a perceptive sage!

I am still processing your bikini weather comment from the other day (in case you thought no one noticed)... but I still do believe you are a perceptive bikini sage!

I'm encouraging sunshine, crickets, and fluffy butterflies with rainbows... but I'll take good health and good results any day! ;-)

For each and everyone of us!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Hello, back from my Mexican vacation on Wednesday, and only up 2ish lbs as of today from my weight before I left, so feeling good about the choices I made while away. Hoping those 2 lbs disappear and I can get back on the losing train next week. By rights though I really should be down, given all the activity I engaged in for the last few days away!!

Remember:
    It's okay to be a little messy.
    Tacos are messy and we love them 😉
  • PAV8888
    edited February 10
    Options
    Mexico! Woohoo! Which part?
  • BCLadybug888
    edited February 11
    Options
    We travelled around the Yucatan peninsula - flew into Cancun, bused down to Bacalar, met up with friends and then drove together to Chichen Itza, then onto Chiquila and took ferry over to Isla Holbox. Spent 5 days there (friends had to leave a couple days before us).

Last 24 hours were a doozy though as high winds hit the island and the ocean washed over and filled all the roads and flooded many buildings. Power and water went out. We had to wade over an hour through the streets to get back to the ferry, and were so happy to make our bus back to the Cancun airport in time for our flight home!

I am now only up 1.4 vacation lbs!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like an extra adventure was thrown in!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    0oyrjbkr9uai.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, Yooly <3
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    8grw06852mkw.png

A bit late but heartfelt nevertheless.
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Thanks Yooly! You too!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly. Hope yours was lovely!

I truly messed up yesterday. There is a fancy donut shop in town that I was going to drive by after a fantastic walk in the conservation area fueled by two healthy meals. I had this great idea to pick up donuts and deliver them to friends on the way home. I have successfully done this in the past - bought half a dozen plus 1 and asked for them in single serving bags.

When I passed by at 3 in the afternoon they had a sign up in the door that they were completely sold out.

Not to be dismayed I thought I would pick up a chocolate Tuxedo cake (sold frozen at local grocers) and slice it and deliver slices with strawberries.

You know what is coming.

Entire cake into me. 4,000 calories.

Logged it and am carrying on with the normal plan today. Nothing I can do about it other than acknowledge it and hopefully learn and, apparently, "confess my sins" here.
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Wow Laurie, play with 🔥...those tuxedo cakes are dang good. I feel for ya. And I now want some.
    I just ate 3 servings of ginger snap cookies, if we're confessing - granted only 420 calories but still not my plan...can I not trust myself with a n y thing in??
  • lauriekallis
    edited February 16
    Options
    I did. It was a good but foolish idea. Things worked differently last year when I played St. Valentine (?) and delivered treats on the way home rather then having the cake on my kitchen table and getting close and personal with it. The "have one slice now" turned into ... oh that was good - I'm a bit tired - maybe I'll have a sit down for a bit and then slice this up ... to one more and one more then it was too embarrassing to have so little to deliver.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 16
    Options
    Well the fate of the cake does not sound any different than what it would have suffered at my place!!!!🤯

Half price 15 pack of Ferrero magically appeared on my kitchen counter last night at 22:00

By 7:30am apparently only 3 pieces are still hanging around.🤔

I don't think they will make it into Saturday!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’m very thankful that I’ve never seen or bought a tuxedo cake. Been spared that turmoil! I’m sure it’s just a passing faux pas Laurie. Better days ahead.

PAV half price chocolates do not equal half the calories. Why did that come home with you? Ah the siren song of clearance, sale and half price!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, PAV and Yooly. I won't do that again. Really it was all about my desire more than being nice. I wanted something that was a treat but couldn't really justify that so thought I would get something nice for everyone. DUH. Next time I will just choose something thing, singular THING, for me :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    During my 530-day AWOL there were lots of 'meh' days but very few actually really bad days. Only a bare handful of days when I exceeded 3000 calories. But, when you're 5'1" tall, you don't need 3000 calories a day to gain weight - for me, anything over 1650 calories a day equates to a surplus, even with a fair amount of daily activity. And on all those 'meh' days I ate about 1750 calories.

One thing I've learned - eating 100 surplus calories a day is sooooooo easy! Doesn't even have to be anything indulgent, like cake or ice-cream. A small slice of toast...a banana!....a palmful of nuts....a small bowl of yoghurt. Or not even a whole snack - the odd lick here, taste there, dollop of mayo, chip nicked off someone's plate...they all add up!

This seems to suggest that I'll have to religiously log every single thing I eat/drink for the rest of my life and exercise iron discipline so as to never, ever run a calorie surplus. Jeeze! Just the mere thought of that is soul-wearying...