Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    It's starting to feel kind of rundown but the podcasts were part of a not-for-profit literary organization called Life Rattle that I was directing for some 20 years or so ... there was a storytelling radio show, books and an annual festival.

When the radio station shut down - we shifted to podcasts. That was in the relatively early days of podcasts so it felt very exciting.

That work started off as occasional volunteer positions and it ended up sort of taking over my life and there really wasn't very much money even when we could start paying me. So I stepped back dramatically. Which is still really hard to watch because there really wasn't anybody to take over what I was doing. So Life Rattle isn't really doing so well these days, ironically.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    It is a lot of work to keep some things going. And you can almost never do *everything* you would like to be able to do! <hug>
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    9htptl6bny1p.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Exactly. How does that work???????!!!!!!!

I have the feeling that my brain cells, skin cells and hair cells - especially the brain cells - have retired into fat cells.

:s
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    gh5hshbrnl1v.jpeg

I’m going to keep stepping on that scale until I’m laughing rather than crying!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Today the scale was my friend and took me back down into a new decade. I say new, but of course I passed it on the way up, at least twice...
    I am .2 shy of my 2023 starting weight...last year was a struggle! But I'm still standing - yeah, yeah, yeah 🎶
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! That's fantastic @BCLadybug888 !
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good for you, BC Ladybug :) AND. A BIG AND. We are here! There IS hope :)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 20
    Options
    @BCLadybug888

It's all because of the water out west.... plus a bit of (but hopefully not TOO much) effort, persistence and on going ability to comply! 😉

*western water not always necessary
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @BCLadybug888

It's all because of the water out west.... plus a bit of (but hopefully not TOO much) effort, persistence and on going ability to comply! 😉

*western water not always necessary

It's true, we do have good water out here 😜

Thanks pals 😊 but in all transparency the 👿 ⚖️ took me back up out of the new decade this morning...as it was through no fault of my own (was riding on a high yesterday, ate well and got in activity) I shall rise above its shenanigans and await tomorrow's pronouncement.

Serenity Now!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well you do know that the 100s and the 10s have the longest waits.... tiny tease and then lots and lots of waiting!

Saw my lowest since new scale recordings (Nov 22) three days ago... up up up 0.2lb at a time since then!🥺

It's like a given!😉

But once you've seen the tease you know it will happen someday if you continue to comply with your plan even if the infamous "if every day was like today in 5 weeks" prediction never works! 🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wondering how Dante is doing. Hoping he’ll dazzle us with some beautiful Easter dinner photos.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 25
    Options
    Easter for Dante is a good 30+ days away. Lent started a week ago Monday. But I HAVE been wondering how Dante @Dante_80 has been doing....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    900z881l4od0.gif
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope we have all avoided the temptation! Especially PAV ….
    7lbeev77xyh9.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh nooooo...... I have to get there before they run OUT!!!!

<I've been too busy!!!!---but I HAVE to get to Walmart... not sure if they do sales so danger is still there>
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I don't think Yooly meant that as a reminder!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    law of unintended consequences!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s been FOUR days. There’s nothing left but stale Peeps, second rate jelly beans and nasty Easter candy corn. Or waxy chocolate-like bunnies.
    You have been mercifully distracted by busy work. Consider yourself fortunate PAV!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    It was SLIM PICKINGS indeed....