Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs but it is very uncomfortable which is a shame since I have waited a million years to do it again. It feels like a stretching/agility problem.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I've been big ever since I was a kid, so I never did sit with my legs crossed. usually, I'm just crossing the ankles. I've tried it a few times since I lost my weight, but it pulls the muscles in my hip and my knee, so I don't last very long.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm more comfortable sitting on the floor and/or crossing my legs than I was before, but I still don't feel very comfortable doing so.

I've noticed that I have a greatly improved balance now though! Like just balancing on one foot to put on a sock or a shoe or something, I used to want to topple right over unless I leaned against a wall.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    I'm more comfortable sitting on the floor and/or crossing my legs than I was before, but I still don't feel very comfortable doing so.

I've noticed that I have a greatly improved balance now though! Like just balancing on one foot to put on a sock or a shoe or something, I used to want to topple right over unless I leaned against a wall.

I have been scared to try standing on one foot (fat brain) to put on a sock. If I fall over and hurt myself trying it later I will blame you.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I doubled the amount of times I generally go to gym in January from 8 to 16. I also increased my weight lifting. I'll find out in a couple of weeks if it's paid off!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So many great stories here, very motivational.

Mine yesterday was playing badminton, for the first time in about 30yrs, and I was running around the court without getting out of breath.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed my kitchen floor. I actually did it twice because I was trying to do a deep clean. Got up this morning and I’m not sore at all. That wouldn’t have happened a year ago.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    I haven't been around lately--the spring semester stated and I've not been keeping up with reading the boards here, but! today I'm wearing some brown corduroy pants that are size 16! down from 22/24.

I'm actually starting to feel comfortable wearing pants again. I'll keep up the dresses+leggings, but it's nice to have more options. and there are a couple more 16s I picked up at the thrift store that I'm excited to start rocking. :)

You are doing great!...I have missed seeing you on here!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    hansep0012 wrote: »
    It finally happened: After reading so many wonderful posts about going down a belt notch or dress size, I get to post one for me!

I went shopping for new slacks and my new ones do not have an elastic waist, they have a button band and zipper! But the kicker is that the jeans are an 18, no more 22/24Ws. Woot! Woot!

Fantastic!
    I get such a buzz when something new and smaller fits.