Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    A lady in church on Sunday sidled up to me and asked in a low voice if I had been losing weight. I told her yes, I was trying, but figured it only was noticeable because I happened to be wearing a body shaper underneath my clothes to hold in my muffin top and smooth out my back, so I figured that had just made me look slimmer, as while I've lost 30 lbs since summer, I wasn't seeing any difference in my looks.

But when I mentioned the conversation to my mother, she said that yes, it was noticeable - which is amazing coming from my mother as she doesn't usually want to discuss weight loss one way or the other. I'm not used to getting positive feedback from her!

Course, I still can't see a difference in the mirror myself....
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 Try comparing pictures between then and now. I find it much easier to see a difference in a photo comparison than by looking in the mirror, even now. It's so easy to get used to the new normal.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @merph518 I don't have many pictures to compare to! lol I do have one from my highest weight and I can definitely see the difference from then, but even when looking at the pictures I took at Christmas, I don't see much of a difference myself from the summer to then. Ah well - its just the way I see myself, I suppose!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @merph518 that's always a great feeling, isn't it? And I understand completely about not being able to wrap your mind around the achievement, especially when you think back to when you last got into that size!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Definitely. It was a surprise for sure this morning. I noticed my jeans were feeling a bit baggy so I tried on the next size down on a whim.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My jeans were loose this morning, too!....I hate saggy butt jeans lol
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, so figured this thread would work:

The water weight is FINALLY going down!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I hold a lot of my weight in my lower abdomen, so far I've lost everywhere else except there. This morning I was sitting down and there is a definite depression in the middle of my pooch. I know it's nothing concrete but I can't stop touching it. lol.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I just said in another thread that I had wanted to be below 260 lbs by my birthday (and that could mean even being at 259, as long as it was under 260), but didn't think I was going to make it. Then I step on the scale this morning, and instead of an increase as I was expecting since TOM should be here in under 24 hours from the signs I'm getting from my body, instead of that increase, I had a decrease from yesterday to 259.3 lbs!

I know that's a daily, all time low reading, and it will pop back up from there, and since I'm using the HappyScale trend now for recorded weight instead of Thursdays actual weight, it still might not be under 260 on Thursday when I record, but at least I know I'm going in the right direction, especially since I've been having a time with unwanted temporary weight the last few weeks-you guys have had the patience of saints putting up with my whining :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!...hold your head up high because you are amazing!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    congrats to merph518, Jackie9003, and NovusDies ! Those are great victories!

@merph518 My cat appreciates that I now have a lap he can lay on lol

@Jackie9003 That reminds me of when I finally was able to fit into a booth with a little room between me and the table, or my car and have room between me and the steering wheel.

@NovusDies My ultimate goal for this year is to get to the stage 1 obese category; I just left stage 3. I have 63 lbs to go before the overweight category. My big dream is to make it solidly back below 200 lbs, so I do want to go at least middle range overweight. I don't know if I have the fortitude to tough it out to normal range, even the uper end.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    congrats to merph518, Jackie9003, and NovusDies ! Those are great victories!

@merph518 My cat appreciates that I now have a lap he can lay on lol

@Jackie9003 That reminds me of when I finally was able to fit into a booth with a little room between me and the table, or my car and have room between me and the steering wheel.

@NovusDies My ultimate goal for this year is to get to the stage 1 obese category; I just left stage 3. I have 63 lbs to go before the overweight category. My big dream is to make it solidly back below 200 lbs, so I do want to go at least middle range overweight. I don't know if I have the fortitude to tough it out to normal range, even the uper end.

My advice is not to worry about the end. I am getting closer and I am still not worried about it. There is no reason why I have to decide what my future self must do. Let him evaluate what is happening then and decide.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    yeah, I think about what end goal might be, but its so far away, that its more speculation than anything else. I just focus on the closer milestones, like getting down to 250, then 240, etc.