Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    As of yesterday I am technically no longer obese. I know this is somewhat scale related but I am losing the obese label that I have had for most of my life.

I am not sure if the end comes with losing the 'overweight' label or not. I will see when I get closer.

That's fantastic, well done!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I got on my bike today for the first time since last summer. The helmet I bought when I bought the bike has the strap out as far as it will go, and when I wore it last year, I felt like I was being choked because it was still tight around my neck.

Today, however, while it was still stretched out the full length, it wasn't so tight under my chin that I had that choking sensation - it fit like it should. That's a nice NSV to have!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I got on my bike today for the first time since last summer. The helmet I bought when I bought the bike has the strap out as far as it will go, and when I wore it last year, I felt like I was being choked because it was still tight around my neck.

Today, however, while it was still stretched out the full length, it wasn't so tight under my chin that I had that choking sensation - it fit like it should. That's a nice NSV to have!

I need to find my helmet, my husband told me off for not wearing it :D

I realised mapmywalk also does cycling so I'm using that to track and log my rides as it integrates with this app. Love my stats!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

I need to find my helmet, my husband told me off for not wearing it :D

I realised mapmywalk also does cycling so I'm using that to track and log my rides as it integrates with this app. Love my stats!

My dad and mom thought I was silly for buying the helmet, let alone wearing it. I never used a helmet when riding my bike as a kid in the late 80's/early 90's. But when I bought the bike about 3 years ago now, I bought the helmet because 1) its the law 2) safety is important and 3) I hadn't been on a bike in over 20 years - I was wobbly and uncertain during the first two rides, feeling alot like the bike was in control and not me. I wanted the helmet because the chances of wrecking were pretty even and I ain't as young as I used to be! lol
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have to say, helmets work. I was riding my bike on a path and had to go around these walkers who, even though I said "on the left" would not move and I wound up falling off the bike and hitting my head. The first thing I thought was "Dang! I barely felt that, these helmets work!" LOL.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My pants are still loose this morning!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    My pants are still loose this morning!

Woohoo
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Just something that has been slowly registering on me lately; my torso feels smaller. You know, when I put my hands on my waist, it just feels different, smaller. And I noticed this weekend that my wrists are looking a lot smaller to me, too! And I can nearly touch my middle finger to my thumb when I circle my hand around one wrist - there's maybe a 1/2" gap. It just all feels strange! Nice, but strange :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I took the extenders out of all of my bras this morning!....I almost binged last night but I didn’t!...I went to sleep instead and stayed out of the kitchen....was very proud of myself this morning and the urge to binge had passed!
  • slowregal661
    slowregal661 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today I took out some old clothes that would be too tight, now they fit just fine! (-26 pounds in 52 days)
    56th day today, will see the scale on friday but with the coronavirus and all the workouts i'm putting in, whatever the scale says, it doesn't matter. The mirrors speaks more :)

Keep grinding everyone.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    When I started this weight loss journey, my wedding and engagement rings were so tight I couldn't take them off. 102 pounds later, I noticed that when I went running yesterday by rings were riding up my finger as I ran. I was worried they might fly off. I'll need to get them resized when the jewelry stores reopen again.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @speyerj perhaps you might want to put them on a chain around your neck until you can get them resized! Good problem to have, though!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Mine is both a win and a loss. I took some time off this weekend. We live in the Natural State so there are so many different places to hike and beautiful nature. So we picked a trail that I had never been on and did a 4 mile hike. It was beautiful. Big waterfall. It was a hard hike but I was able to keep up with my sister and climbed up all the rocks and boulders. I was super proud of myself.

Why is that also a loss? Cause I completely overdid it and now I can barely walk. I strained my knee and it is now swollen. Oh well it was a great hike.

I am envious and sympathetic. I am just waiting for the trails to open around here. I won't be doing any of them without my knee supports though.

Feel better soon. If you thought to take a picture that you feel comfortable sharing please do!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @NovusDies I did take some wonderful pictures. However I have no idea how to get them into MFP. I am on an iPhone and apparently it doesn't work right!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    @NovusDies I did take some wonderful pictures. However I have no idea how to get them into MFP. I am on an iPhone and apparently it doesn't work right!

Don't ask me. I only post from a computer. Someone will know though.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,320 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I don't get to post a lot in this thread anymore which I guess is a victory in of itself. However, I am realizing I need a weight for my riding lawnmower to help deal with the hill in my backyard. How about that for a funny twist? When I started I could not physically fit on a riding lawnmower and now I am too light for it.
    I love it!!!!