Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    @emmyjaykay, workout victories have been my favorite NSVs! It's the best feeling when I realize I can do something I couldn't before.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just completed a 10 mile run! I was slow, but I ran the whole way, even up the hills and only stopped for traffic signals (just 3 on the course).
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    I just completed a 10 mile run! I was slow, but I ran the whole way, even up the hills and only stopped for traffic signals (just 3 on the course).

Yay!! That's awesome!
  • bobsburgersfan
    Options
    Way to go, @bmeadows380!!!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That is impressive @conniewilkins56 and @bmeadows380 !
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Bmeadows you have done so well and you are still going strong....I hope you know how much you motivate and inspire me and others to continue our journeys!...every morning I look forward to your comments to get me going for the day...YOU should be so proud of yourself and the examples you are setting with your exercise,determination and goals...Size 14?...I can’t even imagine ever being able to get into a size 14 again...hugs!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Celebrating your 18W!!!!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can explain this one very well but I think you guys will totally get it. I fit in the confines of my airplane seat. I didn't have to hold my arms or tuck my hands somewhere to make sure not to encroach on the other persons area. Normally I'm super aware of my body in the seat and how much room I take up but this time I didn't have to think about it at all. I sat down, buckled up, and tried to fall asleep. Only halfway through the flight did I realize what I no longer had to think about.

That's a fantastic one, papayahed! Its sort of like going to a restaurant and realizing you can fit into the booth with a space between you and the table - I haven't flown anywhere in over 13 years, but I can use the restaurant booth to kind of relate :grin:
  • bobsburgersfan
    Options
    I'm not sure I can explain this one very well but I think you guys will totally get it. I fit in the confines of my airplane seat. I didn't have to hold my arms or tuck my hands somewhere to make sure not to encroach on the other persons area. Normally I'm super aware of my body in the seat and how much room I take up but this time I didn't have to think about it at all. I sat down, buckled up, and tried to fall asleep. Only halfway through the flight did I realize what I no longer had to think about.

WOOT WOOT!!!! This is my dream. I would love the feeling of not spilling over into another person's space. Nobody has ever been rude about it, but I always feel bad about how my size affects the person next to me.

More recently, I have celebrated because depending on the airplane, I don't always need a seat belt extender. And I've lost around 20 lbs since the last time I flew, and hopefully will lose plenty more by the next time I fly (I have no travel plans this year), so I look forward to seeing the difference.
  • bobsburgersfan
    Options
    An NSV that struck me this morning is that something is different this time and the changes I've made seem more permanent. I'm at two years of consistent effort, and despite my big hissyfit about the scale this week, I only had the briefest thoughts of giving up, which I immediately (within seconds) responded to by thinking, "That's stupid." This morning, I was feeling pretty much back to normal. (I'm not happy about the scale, but I guess I'd say I'm mostly over it.)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    An NSV that struck me this morning is that something is different this time and the changes I've made seem more permanent. I'm at two years of consistent effort, and despite my big hissyfit about the scale this week, I only had the briefest thoughts of giving up, which I immediately (within seconds) responded to by thinking, "That's stupid." This morning, I was feeling pretty much back to normal. (I'm not happy about the scale, but I guess I'd say I'm mostly over it.)

I know exactly how you feel!...this time, giving up is not an option....hang in there!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

that is a great victory - knowing that you've managed to really change your lifestyle and its settling in is a good feeling!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your mindset!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Nice one.

I was "stupid" many times. I think giving up is more of a relief if you are, as I was before, doing a punishing plan to lose weight. If you are doing a reasonably kind plan giving up is not a relief.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

I think most of us definitely get it. I was buying 2 seats and still spilling over.

That is HUGE. Thanks for sharing.

The thing about NSVs is that they inspire those not yet there and refresh those that are. They also show they are more important than the number on the scale.