That's awesome @speyerj
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! That's awesome!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Good job Connie! The going to bed strategy is a good one.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I consciously avoided a binge last night!...this Is one of the first times I have been able to do this!...I was really hungry after so much swimming yesterday and it wasn’t a craving- I was HUNGRY!...I had 5 lite trisquits, a string cheese and a 60 calorie meat stick...I immediately felt better but my fat brain kept whispering for me to have a little more!...I resisted and decided to go to bed....I woke up this morning feeling pretty proud of myself for not going crazy!....oh the little thing that make us happy lol

That's a humongous victory for you, Connie! I'm very happy for you on that win!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @bobsburgersfan That's great! Compliments and getting noticed for me are always confidence boosters. Who knows? you might find yourself a guy yet! lol

@gewel321 Way to go! I'll never wear a bikini myself, but it was a big deal for me 2 years ago to get the confidence enough to actually buy a one piece bathing suit and wear it - though I still wear it with swim trunks lol I don't swim very often - I haven't even had it on at all this year yet, but it took a lot of courage for me to even get one, let alone put it on in public. I'm like the girl with the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka-dot bikini :blush:

And if you're lucky, that sunburn will fade into a nice tan!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I bought bras at a normal store!! I've always bought bra's from Lane Bryant, they always have cute bras. Now I'm down to a more common size so they actually have cute and supportive styles in regular stores. And it's way cheaper, I just bought 2 bras for the price of 1 Lane Bryant bra.

How many times can one say the word bra in a post? lol

bra, bra, bra :D
  • jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @papayahed that's so awesome! LB bras bras bras are so expensive that the last few years I have turned to eBay to buy the overstock ones because I can get them for only $30. I realize how huge of a victory this is! 🎉
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Congratulations! I know I was thrilled when my band size and cup size got small enough that I wasn't having to order off Amazon anymore!

Well, until I hit a 46C cup, anyway. I've tried a lot of bras over the years, but my favorite that are the most comfortable for me are the Playtex comfort strap which are luckily sold in Walmart, but unlikely, 46C's are not sold. I'm getting down to a 44C and I'm suspecting that if I tried it, I might just be flirting with a 42C, and that's a little easier to find.

and what is it with bra sizing these days? I'm used to A,B,C,D, and DD - what the heck is J,H,K, etc?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You could buy a package of extenders and wear the bras from Walmart...I can’t wait to stop spending a fortune on bras from lane Bryant!
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the Lane Bryant bras. The bane of my existence has been the underwire coming out and poking me during a time when there aren't any sales on bras. They're so expensive that I just patch with moleskin and deal with being irritated until the semi-annual sale.

The plus side of working remotely and working out more is that now I basically just wear sports bras out of convenience.
  • jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So I have an embarrassing but true NSV...I can’t eat gluten, so I eat tinkyada brown rice pasta. I used to eat 3/4 of a bag a day ☹️Since I started tracking I just finished a bag and went back through my days and realized that I had 8 servings on 8 different days...the number of servings in the bag!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    You could buy a package of extenders and wear the bras from Walmart...I can’t wait to stop spending a fortune on bras from lane Bryant!

I can't stand using extenders - it always pushes the straps too far to the edge of my shoulders and makes them uncomfortable for me. But I wish they'd work - it would make life a lot easier!
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for making good choices.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    My NSV for the week: I can now wrap a hotel bath towel around my body, tuck it in to secure it, and it covers me! I can't wait for it to be safe to get massages again. I can now probably fit into the spa robes they have there without flashing everybody! :)

That’s a great NSV....my beach towel could wrap around a truck driver!....( a big truck driver! )

My original beach towels could wrap around the truck!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Kinda scale related but mostly not.

My family wanted fried chicken last night for dinner. I don't care for the place they like so I told them that I would just fend for myself. I really wanted pizza and they don't care from my favorite pizza place. I thought about it for my whole drive home and decided that since I was going to MO today I would forgo the pizza and eat better to "save" the calories for today.

So today rolls around and I know I am going to a clinic that is close to my FAVORITE fast food place. This is a place that is not located near me so I only get to eat it when I travel. It is by no means healthy and the majority of my calories for the day would be spent eating at this place. My meeting went long and it was lunch time when it ended. I sat in my car and thought about it and decided that I did not need to eat the most amazing fried fish sandwich in existence and I did not need the frozen custard. I got on the interstate before I could change my mind and off I went. I drove back to the hospital and ate my regular healthy choice meal! Was it as good as that fish sandwich and custard would have been?? Nope. But it was worth what the scale will say in the morning!

I suppose there could have been more sodium in the fish sandwich than the HC meal to influence the scale but generally speaking the scale is never giving you yesterday's fat related news.

However, this NSV is quite significant because you were being kind to yourself by by saying no. It sucks to use up so many calories that you have to go super light or stay hungry the rest of the day. Sometimes I have made the choice to have the higher calorie meal but I almost always regret it a little. I do not recall ever hitting the evening time feeling unsatisfied or hungry and saying "But it was worth it to eat the fish sammich and custard." Of course that does not mean I won't still occasionally choose the treat, I am just glad I do not do it as often.