Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    That's gotta be a steep hill! I know what you mean about fitting on one - its really nice not to have the stearing wheel on my riding mower or even in my carb rubbing my tummy anymore!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I went shopping again and had a good time getting out of the house!...still wearing hot masks on my face and my toe is still sore but I enjoyed browsing...I bought summer clothes and they were all two to three sizes smaller than I had been wearing...the nightgowns were smaller ,too...so this morning when I went grocery shopping I put my baggy pants and shirts back on...my husband told me to go change my clothes because I looked like a homeless person!...lol....I must have been looking like that for a while now!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I went shopping again and had a good time getting out of the house!...still wearing hot masks on my face and my toe is still sore but I enjoyed browsing...I bought summer clothes and they were all two to three sizes smaller than I had been wearing...the nightgowns were smaller ,too...so this morning when I went grocery shopping I put my baggy pants and shirts back on...my husband told me to go change my clothes because I looked like a homeless person!...lol....I must have been looking like that for a while now!

I am not sure which spouse has more tact. Mine telling me I looked ridiculous or you being told you look homeless.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Here is an odd NSV. I just realized it has been a very long time since I have had a dream related to being so large I didn't fit a lot of places. My common one was that I had to go to the restroom somewhere public but the stall door openings were too narrow and I kept trying to squeeze my way through. In reality that never happened but there were plenty of "nomal" places like chair that did not accommodate me so the anxiety was real. There was some of my claustrophobic anxiety mixed in there too so I would wake up unsettled.

My brain is a fun place.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Here is an odd NSV. I just realized it has been a very long time since I have had a dream related to being so large I didn't fit a lot of places. My common one was that I had to go to the restroom somewhere public but the stall door openings were too narrow and I kept trying to squeeze my way through. In reality that never happened but there were plenty of "nomal" places like chair that did not accommodate me so the anxiety was real. There was some of my claustrophobic anxiety mixed in there too so I would wake up unsettled.

My brain is a fun place.

Have you ever been to Sloppy Joes in Key West?...the stalls in the restrooms are so small ( even if you are thin) that you have to pull your skirt up or pants down and back in lol...I am serious!
  • NovusDies
    Options

My brain is a fun place.

Have you ever been to Sloppy Joes in Key West?...the stalls in the restrooms are so small ( even if you are thin) that you have to pull your skirt up or pants down and back in lol...I am serious!

No but Key West is on my list of places I want to visit.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

My brain is a fun place.

No but Key West is on my list of places I want to visit.

We lived in the Keys for 5 years and had a business on Cudjoe Key....husband loved it and I didn’t...all we did was work!...he doesn’t fish or boat, he just loved it being close to the water...I felt like we lived on a sandbar!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    This is a whine and non scale sort of victory!..I decided I really needed to go thru my closet and REALLY get rid of some clothes that are too big for me...An hour later I am exhausted and happy/aggravated lol...I found three pair of nice slacks with the tags still on them that I was waiting to wear when they fit....yep, all too big with the crotch down to my knees....same with nice tops...hanging to my knees...did I get shorter?...3 pair of jeans too big and 5, FIVE pair of dress pants that are all too big...plus I only have one bra that actually fits...I guess I do need some more new clothes...and now, my husband wants to go furniture shopping....I am a hot mess!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 I can empathize - replacing your entire wardrobe is on one hand expensive but on the other exciting too :) Wait until you get into the store and see all those nice clothes that you can wear now!

My NSV for today:

This morning while getting ready for church, I was standing in the bathroom putting my hair up before getting dressed, and as I reached up and back, I noticed bulges above my belly. I lowered my arms and felt the area and realized that what I was seeing was my rib cage...... When I lifted my arms back up and sucked in the gut, I was astounded at how prominent those ribs were. I can't remember the last time I really saw the definition of my rib cage!

And to day was the first truly back to it church service we had, and apparently, my weight loss was the talk of the congregation (I kind of have a position where I can be seen, seeing as I'm the pianist and the piano is on the stage....) Nice feeling, though, when someone asks and then my mother says a few others commented to her :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    It is nice that your mom told you about the compliments!....I should have paid more attention to my piano teacher!...I can play two songs!...I did play the flute for ten years so I can read music!...I was in marching band in HS...

My clothes looked ridiculous and by the time we got ready to leave to look at furniture I was hot and
    ( ugh ) sweating!...I finally changed clothes again and put on some old capris and a t shirt!...I am not a clothes shopper...if I find something I really like, I get the same thing in different colors...pants are a nightmare...I am tall...5’ 9” with long arms and legs...the waist and hips are always too big and the thighs and calves too tight...

And then my husband was hungry and we stopped at Chili’s so I was thinking sodium will get me again Monday morning...came home and my daughter had made a roast,noodles,potatoes,carrots and gravy..
    .....GRAVY..... #$$&&**(((()),,,!!!!!!...She also got a carrot cake,brownies and a chocolate bundt cake at Publix...The entire world is out to get me today.....
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" (darn 1/2"! I never did quite get to 5'9"!) and "blessed" with large hips, so I completely understand! I bought 2 pair of Levi's capris at Walmart and had to get them in 22's instead of 20's, and even then, the thighs were tight and it took wearing them for a while for them to loosen up. meanwhile, the waist is gaping and I had to dig out my belt.......

Sorry about all the food problems today :( Were you able to moderate today? If not, hold on and remember tomorrow is a new day. But yeah, water weight scale jumps absolutely stink....

Surprisingly, I didn't have as large a scale jump today as I thought I would after eating at maintenance yesterday and having way more carbs than usual. We'll see if it goes up tomorrow as a delayed affect!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    Connie, too big clothes are my favorite brag-whine lately! I've been almost equally excited and annoyed by it. But I feel like a jerk when I complain that all my clothes are too big. Because it's SOOO TERRIBLE that I'm losing weight. :p I was complaining to a coworker and she said, "Well, all of MY pants are getting too tight!" Oops.

It IS disappointing that you found clothes you never even got the chance to wear, though. I've had fun finding stuff in my closet that fits now. Last night I put on a pair of pajama shorts that were pretty tight even when I bought them and they fit great now.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Connie, too big clothes are my favorite brag-whine lately! I've been almost equally excited and annoyed by it. But I feel like a jerk when I complain that all my clothes are too big. Because it's SOOO TERRIBLE that I'm losing weight. :p I was complaining to a coworker and she said, "Well, all of MY pants are getting too tight!" Oops.

It IS disappointing that you found clothes you never even got the chance to wear, though. I've had fun finding stuff in my closet that fits now. Last night I put on a pair of pajama shorts that were pretty tight even when I bought them and they fit great now.

LOL....I always have about six different sizes in my closet!....I have finally started getting rid of the ones that are too big...getting all new clothes is nice but expensive!...and I am going to get smaller so I am not going crazy buying things now...at least in Florida we wear the same clothes most of the year because it is always hot!...I had extenders in my bras but have taken them out so I can use them a little longer...Lane Bryant bras cost a fortune!...my p.j. bottoms were falling off and my nice tops hang way past my hips....how did I let myself get so huge?...I can find jeans but dress pants are a pain in the *kitten*!...

And yes, having clothes too big is a nice whine for a change!...

Would love to be your MFP friend if you would like to friend me!
  • NovusDies
    Options

LOL....I always have about six different sizes in my closet!....I have finally started getting rid of the ones that are too big...getting all new clothes is nice but expensive!...and I am going to get smaller so I am not going crazy buying things now...at least in Florida we wear the same clothes most of the year because it is always hot!...I had extenders in my bras but have taken them out so I can use them a little longer...Lane Bryant bras cost a fortune!...my p.j. bottoms were falling off and my nice tops hang way past my hips....how did I let myself get so huge?...I can find jeans but dress pants are a pain in the *kitten*!...

And yes, having clothes too big is a nice whine for a change!...

Would love to be your MFP friend if you would like to friend me!

That was me until after the surgery. I saved one of my original pairs of pants and one shirt. The rest went in such a large clean sweep that I was left with 3 shirts - only one fit right, one pair of shorts, and a pair of pants that were too large. Since, as you know, different brands can be sized differently it was quite the hassle getting enough clothes to give me a base wardrobe. I just knew someone would die and I would have to show up to a funeral in shorts and a tee. I wasn't being morbid it is just like most people my age I have a couple of relatives near the exit sign most of the time.

Of course now that I have enough clothes to wear they are starting to wear loose again. Grrrr. This is not even me complain/bragging anymore. I am SICK of it and some of the nicer clothes I own have barely been worn because of the virus. Some of them were different looks for me that I was excited to have.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Living in Florida for the past 40+ years, my husband seldom wears long pants unless he has to...as a wedding, funeral, etc....sometimes when we go out together, it looks like we are going to two different places!....a few years ago, my grandmother died in the winter and we had to go to Indiana for the funeral....of course John had to go and buy new dress pants before the trip north....when we got there it turned very cold and he hadn’t even packed a jacket...the funeral director took pity on him and let him borrow an overcoat...

Another time we were in Vancouver at the Pan Pacific 5 star hotel and of course John had his usual attire of shorts on...we were asked to move to the terrace if we wanted bar service!....No short pants allowed!

You aren’t being morbid...at my largest size last year, I just KNEW someone would die and I would have at go to the funeral in a night gown lol....
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    I went on a short hike today, I climbed on boulders and up and down the trail like a billy goat. Well, an old, half blind billy goat but a billy goat none the less! In the past my balance hasn't been the best and no coordination to speak of but today was different, I was more sure footed than I can ever remember and it felt really good to have that confidence. Now it's time for a nap.

congratulations! You earned that nap :)
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    congratulations! More flexibility and stamina are as good victories as losing the weight :)