Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    @conniewilkins56 I finally had to bite the bullet and go buy new underwear this weekend. I was in a size 10. I pulled a 9 off the shelf and looked at the sizing and according to the back of the bag it was still too big. I bought a size 7. I freaking size 7!! They are tight but fit. Though really I think underwear is supposed to fit tighter and not sag down lol.

Isn’t it insane to be so excited about buying new underwear? Lol
    I recently bought some new underwear and I probably should have gone down a size. They were fairly expensive, so I guess I'll be wearing them until they are baggy.

I bought cheap undies and I was so excited not to have to buy Lane Bryant....I won’t have to wear these until they fall apart!...still no long pants except my baggy ones....I refused to pay $125+ for a pair that I will only be able to wear a few months....
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options

I bought cheap undies and I was so excited not to have to buy Lane Bryant....I won’t have to wear these until they fall apart!...still no long pants except my baggy ones....I refused to pay $125+ for a pair that I will only be able to wear a few months....

I am wondering who to buy from to get a good thick cotton like Lane Bryant sells.

• conniewilkins56
    Options

I am wondering who to buy from to get a good thick cotton like Lane Bryant sells.

Jeans or underwear?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I took a bath last night and my backside didn’t create a dam for the water lol

Well, that’s a good thing lol....I miss my bubble baths!....since my knee replacements I can not get out of the tub.....
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @inhisgrace I also took a bath recently...the bathtub feels so much bigger now!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    I took a bath last night and my backside didn’t create a dam for the water lol

Well, that’s a good thing lol....I miss my bubble baths!....since my knee replacements I can not get out of the tub.....

I was having trouble - and now have a bathtub with extra deep water - it has helped a lot. If I get out before I let the water out, I'm so bouyant I can stand with little trouble!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I agree, I'm fitting in the bathtub a little differently these days!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of C25K (again) finally! My legs feel great and my foot/heel is doing pretty well, though I'm still being very careful (icing post run, still sleeping with a small night splint). This week is 25 minute runs with no walking breaks; next week the program ends with a 30 minute run. My legs could definitely go farther now, but I don't want to push it and end up injured again.

I'm trying to think what next steps will be. I think the app is a bit aggressive in its continuation to 10K, which I think is how I got hurt to begin with! My current plan is to ditch the app and just increasing my running time 10% a week until I'm up to the actual 5K distance (bless the app for assuming I run a 10 minute mile lol). Then I might look at the Hal Higdon 10K program, since it seems more conservative. Then once I can do the 10K distance, I think I'll be ready to go back and work on some speed work and improving my pace.

Sure would be nice if I could do a race (virtual just isn't my thing). C'mon 2021....
  • eliezalot
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    I'm nearing the end of C25K (again) finally! My legs feel great and my foot/heel is doing pretty well, though I'm still being very careful (icing post run, still sleeping with a small night splint). This week is 25 minute runs with no walking breaks; next week the program ends with a 30 minute run. My legs could definitely go farther now, but I don't want to push it and end up injured again.

I'm trying to think what next steps will be. I think the app is a bit aggressive in its continuation to 10K, which I think is how I got hurt to begin with! My current plan is to ditch the app and just increasing my running time 10% a week until I'm up to the actual 5K distance (bless the app for assuming I run a 10 minute mile lol). Then I might look at the Hal Higdon 10K program, since it seems more conservative. Then once I can do the 10K distance, I think I'll be ready to go back and work on some speed work and improving my pace.

Sure would be nice if I could do a race (virtual just isn't my thing). C'mon 2021....

Should have waited until after my run to post this, lol. I did go and run, but my phone died before the halfway point. Apparently I cannot be trusted to do the planned workout on my own, so instead of turning around near what would be the halfway point, I kept going. I did a total of 2.5 miles, which was more than the 1.75-ish I intended. My legs are tired. I'm tired. My heel is a bit sore. Mistakes were made. Lessons were learned. Rest tomorrow, and will back off a bit for Wednesday's run.
  • lauriekallis
    Options

Should have waited until after my run to post this, lol. I did go and run, but my phone died before the halfway point. Apparently I cannot be trusted to do the planned workout on my own, so instead of turning around near what would be the halfway point, I kept going. I did a total of 2.5 miles, which was more than the 1.75-ish I intended. My legs are tired. I'm tired. My heel is a bit sore. Mistakes were made. Lessons were learned. Rest tomorrow, and will back off a bit for Wednesday's run.

I'm relatively new to this group - so I haven't followed the story of your injury. But it sounds like a place I was a couple of years ago when I ruptured my plantar fascia and tore a chunk out of my heel bone (from not being careful enough when I had plantar fascitis). I thought it never was going to heal. But it has! Woohoo! It took almost two years. And it felt like twenty. Be gentle with yourself...and give your body all the love you can. I hope Wednesday's run feels good!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I’m wearing 1x leggings today! I’m throwing away the 3x!!!

I bought 1x by mistake and put them on and they fit!!!

Congratulations! A little rotation in the closet feels pretty amazing.
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This weekend we had an outdoor gathering to celebrate my grandson's 5th birthday. I was running around like a nutbar, putting up tarps (of course it was raining) trying to make sure everyone had separate platters of snacks (social distancing in full force) and checking on the fire we had going to make sure we didn't freeze.

I was talking to my youngest son, who's 30, and was feeling really good and so very happy to see everyone, and he said that I looked fantastic. How light on my feet I was and how full of energy.

I almost died, my heart was fluttering so quickly. Son's don't usually notice that kind of thing. And now - finally - I am starting to feel the "good" I was supposed to feel. It took 93 pounds before it kicked in. But these last few pounds felt like they made a huge difference! Or maybe its that I'm eating a few more calories lately so I'm not starving to such a degree anymore. Lol. I didn't think about that until I wrote this post, but yes, it probably has something to do with feeding myself a bit more. (Thank you, @NovusDies for helping me get to that point.)

Anywhich way or why - I feel pretty great these days! Can't wait to see what 2021 will bring because I never in a million years thought I would be where I am today back in January.