Calories ✔
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @Gadgetgirl259
    September Week 3 (Thursday)

PW: 164
    CW: 164

Pleasantly surprised that it was not a gain this week being on vacation.

Yay! I would definitely call that a win!
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Sept 18)

Track: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: walking and aerobics
    Having a good week. My wife called last night and said she found a really great deal to Cuba and booked it. So Cuba at the end of February. Have a blessed

This is awesome! Can your wife talk to my husband? He would NEVER even dream of looking to book a trip ANYWHERE. She sounds great! Life is always a bit nicer when you know you have a nice trip to look forward to.
    Username: eromligyppah
    Week: September week 3
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW =202
    CW= 201.8
    Maybe I have finally leveled off from eating everything is site with this training. I'm too old for this lol. Sunday was 16 miles and took about 2hours 45 minutes. Taking most of the week to recover to just do it again. Once I get the marathon done I can recover and finally get back to normal working out.

I hear ya! Although my mileage is not as high as yours, this week I found that my body is taking me longer to recover from my long runs. This week my weight has also kind of plateaued. I'm frustrated that I've had to take more rest days than I had planned. So I'm not burning all the calories I have set in my daily calories. I suppose I need to maybe set it to eat a little less. Blah. Also looking forward to normal workouts!
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Afternoon team 👋🏻

After Ashley’s great suggestion of IF, I done some research last night and opted for the 5:2 pattern, which I have started as of today. I just wanted to put it out there so that others know, and it gives me some accountability. My IF days will be Thursday and Sunday.

As my calories will be restricted to 500 on IF days, I need to look into foods that are low in calories but nutritious and filling, so I’ll do that today. For lunch today I had 27g oatmeal, 180ml skimmed milk and a scoop of protein powder. I just need to decide what to have for dinner later.

I’ve been so disheartened because I’ve been at the same weight for around 6 weeks now so hopefully IF will give things a boost. I’m quite excited about it and I hope it’ll help me reach my goal. Approximately 12lbs left to lose 🤞🏻 Thanks again @AB0215

Good luck!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, 19 September

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Walking 50 minutes

Comments

Since I felt so amazing on Wednesday after my run, I was really looking forward to getting in another (shorter) run. Well I woke up with a headache and feeling pretty listless. My resting heart rate which is normally 60, was 48 and that is even after having two cups of coffee and walking my dog. So other than walking my dog twice and walking to and from work, I was forced to take a rest day. This morning I have the same headache and my pulse is again, only 48. It's Friday, so I don't think I will make it in to the doctor, but it concerns me. I am very sensitive to any changes in my heart and I am feeling something is off. It could be an electrolyte or vitamin deficiency but which one?? I already try to get everything balanced out. So not sure how today or this weekend is going to go. I had a long run planned for Saturday but now I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm not going to worry about it though. I've somehow learned not to obsess over things that I just don't have control over and to let it go if things don't go as planned. All I do hope is for my body to just feel normal and good again!

• Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 15291

Feeling a little overwhelmed this morning. Work has been very busy and my house is a wreck!!!! I won't be able to catch up on things because I need to babysit my grandson. I need to work out a home schedule to be better able to manage everything.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Thursday, 19 September

Track: Yes
    Exercise: Approx 2 miles walking
    💬Comments: Today I found the 5:2 IF a bit challenging as I was quite hungry. However, I drank plenty of water and tea which helped the hunger. Hopefully it gets easier the more I do it.

I bought some new “smart” bathroom scales today which I’m excited about (I’m 29 years old and I’m excited about scales...what has my life come to? 😂) The scales connect to my Bluetooth and all of my data from the scales is transferred to the scale app on my phone. When I use the scales in the morning I’ll take a screenshot of the data it has produced and post here. They are probably not 100 percent accurate but I’m interested to know what they tell me about my body 😊

Hope you love your scale! I have a 'smart' bathroom scale and love it because it keeps me honest, which is helpful .
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @143tobe hope everything is well. You know your body best, so take care and do what you think is right.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

Comments

Since I felt so amazing on Wednesday after my run, I was really looking forward to getting in another (shorter) run. Well I woke up with a headache and feeling pretty listless. My resting heart rate which is normally 60, was 48 and that is even after having two cups of coffee and walking my dog. So other than walking my dog twice and walking to and from work, I was forced to take a rest day. This morning I have the same headache and my pulse is again, only 48. It's Friday, so I don't think I will make it in to the doctor, but it concerns me. I am very sensitive to any changes in my heart and I am feeling something is off. It could be an electrolyte or vitamin deficiency but which one?? I already try to get everything balanced out. So not sure how today or this weekend is going to go. I had a long run planned for Saturday but now I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm not going to worry about it though. I've somehow learned not to obsess over things that I just don't have control over and to let it go if things don't go as planned. All I do hope is for my body to just feel normal and good again!

@143tobe My resting heart rate has been steadily going down as I increased my cardio activity, it went down from the low 70s all the way to the low 50s,, well when I first started this journey, it was resting at 90ish, which is very not good. And from what I understand a resting heart rate in the 40s can mean 2 things, something potentially wrong--if you're not very active or something indicative of a very athletic person, and if you run a lot, that can be a good thing, however, it's still worth making sure nothing is wrong. Taking care of yourself is extremely important.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Sept 18)

Track: yes
    Exercise: walking and aerobics
    Having a good week. My wife called last night and said she found a really great deal to Cuba and booked it. So Cuba at the end of February. Have a blessed
    Always wanted to go to Cuba.
    Afternoon team 👋🏻

After Ashley’s great suggestion of IF, I done some research last night and opted for the 5:2 pattern, which I have started as of today. I just wanted to put it out there so that others know, and it gives me some accountability. My IF days will be Thursday and Sunday.

As my calories will be restricted to 500 on IF days, I need to look into foods that are low in calories but nutritious and filling, so I’ll do that today. For lunch today I had 27g oatmeal, 180ml skimmed milk and a scoop of protein powder. I just need to decide what to have for dinner later.

I’ve been so disheartened because I’ve been at the same weight for around 6 weeks now so hopefully IF will give things a boost. I’m quite excited about it and I hope it’ll help me reach my goal. Approximately 12lbs left to lose 🤞🏻 Thanks again @AB0215

Good luck
  • vicky2767
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

Comments

Hope you feel better.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Thur Sept 19
    Tracked no
    Calories probably over
    Exercise well kinda. Lots of steps and lifting/hauling garbage to the dumpster.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    qzwfk9uwkc1c.jpg

e88xkdq6kny9.jpg

l1luw2wz4wt8.jpg

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Week September Week 3
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW: 471.9lbs
    CW: 469.2lbs
    Goals/comments yay so happy the scale went down this week even while working on my past memories with my therapist in order to heal I had a few triggers.

Daily Post
    Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 156oz
    Goals/comments had a phone session with my therapist and it was tough but I didn't binge afterwards which is a huge progression for me this time.

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 172oz
    Goals/comments
    So I had chips this evening but 2 small bags and still didn't go over on my calories. I know it's not good but at least I stay on track most of the day.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 186.7
    CW: 185.6

They are on this big health consciousness kick at work, which is great. However, they are making us take a biometric screening and an online health assessment and tying it into what we pay for our health insurance. That's fine I guess. I took the screening a few months ago and finally took the online assessment on Saturday (I thought I had already done it). Anyway I scored an "F" on my weight. I just find these black and white assessments so offensive. I got this bad grade because my BMI (as of when I took the biometric test) was over 35. It's under now. They give no consideration to the fact that when I took the biometric test last year that I weighed over 270 lbs. I got a "C" on exercise because I walk 4 miles a day, but I don't stretch or lift weights each week. You also get a knock if you don't agree that half of your plate is full of fruits and veggies. I guess I could just lie on all of that kind of stuff....it just bugs me. That's my rant for the day....haha.

All you can do is YOUR best. When taking these screenings they do not look at your progress overtime just as what they see on paper. Well you know how far you've come so that's should be A VICTORY LAP FOR YOU👍🏾👍🏾😍😍😍
  • gjaholy33
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hey Team:

Thanks for everyone being on point posting your weights. Unfortunately we're still missing a few this week:

@Handlesgone
    @lsjhudson
    @Sherrilew
    @tdrjustus3
    @Tennisquilter
    @Dustyspal
    @Ellylh1827

I know time can get away for us; especially when we're having a tough time. Just post as soon as you can. Appreciate it❤❤
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Hey Team:

Thanks for everyone being on point posting your weights. Unfortunately we're still missing a few this week:

@Handlesgone
    @lsjhudson
    @Sherrilew
    @tdrjustus3
    @Tennisquilter
    @Dustyspal
    @Ellylh1827

I know time can get away for us; especially when we're having a tough time. Just post as soon as you can. Appreciate it❤❤

Are you sure? I posted week 3 on Sept 18. I'll repost it.

PW - 283.1
    CW - 280.6
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Hey Team:

@Handlesgone
    @lsjhudson
    @Sherrilew
    @tdrjustus3
    @Tennisquilter
    @Dustyspal
    @Ellylh1827

Are you sure? I posted week 3 on Sept 18. I'll repost it.

PW - 283.1
    CW - 280.6

Thanks sorry if I missed it but it's recorded now👍🏾👍🏾
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 18th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,246 steps

Daily Post: September 19th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,116 steps

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Friday, 20 September

Exercise: A little walking and housework 🧹
    💬Comments: This afternoon I was feeling creative and I baked my first cake 🍰 It was a vanilla sponge cake with buttermilk cream & strawberry jam filling, a little icing on top (I made it too thin ☹️), I used cookie cutters to make some little characters and finished it off with some multi-coloured chocoate beads. My OH and I had one slice each and my parents had a couple of slices. I think I done ok for my first attempt at baking anything 😋 Thankfully I stuck to one slice!
    7qgwyoeaui2t.jpeg

• vicky2767
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Week 3?
    PW 177.1
    CW 180.3

• vicky2767
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Friday, 20 September

Exercise: A little walking and housework 🧹
    💬Comments: This afternoon I was feeling creative and I baked my first cake 🍰 It was a vanilla sponge cake with buttermilk cream & strawberry jam filling, a little icing on top (I made it too thin ☹️), I used cookie cutters to make some little characters and finished it off with some multi-coloured chocoate beads. My OH and I had one slice each and my parents had a couple of slices. I think I done ok for my first attempt at baking anything 😋 Thankfully I stuck to one slice!
    7qgwyoeaui2t.jpeg

Very good
This discussion has been closed.