• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post: September 17th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,495 steps

I went over my calories on purpose yesterday. I am going to try to vary my calories to jostle my metabolism a little. I am going to TRY to stay well under today.

@CindyJNC1963 Have you thought about giving intermittent fasting a try, it can really help get through plateaus, and it can be simple like only eating in an 8 hour window each day or even something like 5:2, where you cut your calories way down on 2 days...just wondering if you were at the point yet where you might want to push through and try something drastically different to jostle your metabolism..there is a loooooot of research that suggest intermittent fasting is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your body, metabolism and mind, and I'll say that the days that I get it right, I feel the best.

While I respect and admire people who can fast, there is just no way I could do it....not yet anyway.

@CindyJNC1963 I didn't start by just going into a long fast, I started by just shaving off time a little at a time, so instead of eating breakfast at 8 am...I'd start by eating at 830, and if dinner was at 7. I would eat at 630 instead, and eventually it got easier and easier to shave off time.
    Just a thought if you were interested at all. A lot of times, we're not really hungry, it's our hunger hormones telling us we are
    And on a side note, I'm currently about 34 hours into a fast, and not overly hungry right now. I decided I needed a reset so I am fasting to reset my hunger signals, which is what I need to do from time to time and generally helps me. I realize when I'm fasting that I'm not really hungry and it's just my brain telling me I am. It's an experience that I can't explain.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 13752

A fun and busy day with my grandson. We do the hand-off at church this morning and then I think I will need a nap! I plan on doing grocery shopping and doing a better job of organizing my life this week which will include food!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Weigh-in

Username: Kin59vara
    Week: September week 4
    Weigh-in day: SUNDAY
    PW =164.9
    CW= 164.1
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 21st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: yes
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

I wanted to go a little light today to make up for my little indiscretion yesterday, but it didn't happen. I think I yesterday's sugar binge made me even hungrier today. I did, however, stay below my usual daily in take, so there's that. That and a good walk this morning.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Sunday, 22 September

Calories: IF day
    Exercise: Some walking
    💬Comments: Today was my second day of 5:2. My calories added up to approximately 800 but I’m happy with that. One step at a time 😊
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Yes- Ran 3.3 miles, 36 minutes

Comments

Ended up being a good weekend. Finally woke up without a headache on Sunday. Was able to get a good recovery run in. Unfortunately I banged my left calf on the sharp corner of my open oven while baking low carb cookies and it was in the same exact spot where my 7 year old son injured me Friday while trying out his ninja moves. It's really bad. A big knot in my calf and it's clearly bruised. Will take a rest day Monday in hope that I just need to baby it for a day or two. I woke up several times last night from the pain. But I will survive! Good thing our bodies are made for this stuff!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Monday
    Track: :/
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 7155

I thought that yesterday I would get back on track. My grandson left after church BUT my daughter arrived to surprise nearly at the same time. I ate too many carbs, did not exercise and was feeling tired because I had not drunk enough water.
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Weekl 4 September
    Monday weigh in.
    PW. 244
    CW 246
    Total loss 33 pounds

Need to refocus. I was traveling and even though I thought I was making healthy choices and avoiding alcohol and dessert, restaurant meals seem to be difficult for me. So this week I will refocus and happily eat at home.
    Despite the calendar, it will be another summer day and I am heading to water aerobics!

Sending healthy vibes to all of you!
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: September, week 4
    👣PW: 140.9
    👣CW: 140.8

Getting a bit frustrated with the lack of weight loss. I just checked and it’s actually been around 9 weeks that I’ve been going between 141 and 139. I started September at 140.1 and today I’m at 140.8 - not good. It’s times like this that I feel like giving up. However, I need to persevere and just keep going
    g9jedmcqajlg.jpeg
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 185.6
    CW: 184.4

I was down to 183.6 yesterday....inching VERY close to a 90 lb total loss.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 22nd

Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: Rest day

I had gone under by 100 calories for 3 days in a row so I went over yesterday. Also decided to take a rest day.

Had a crazy dream this weekend. I dreamed I had all of these bags of those tiny chocolate bars and I was just devouring them...I couldn't stop. It was like my cats eating Temptation treats. I was thinking, "everyone will be so disappointed in me" and "I'm going to need to write all of this junk in my journal". It was kind of funny. It's been almost a year since I've had any candy or cake now. I did break over and have ice cream on vacation.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 22nd

Calories under goal: yes
    Exercise: walking
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post -Monday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Weekends are messing me up. I don't know if it's the extra exercising or the fact that I eat two meals instead of my weekday 3 meals, but I always gain 1 1/2 to 2 pounds come Monday. My calories remain constant, regardless of the day, but sure enough, come monday, I gain. So frustrating.😡
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Monday, 23 September

Calories: Under
    😬Exercise: None
    💬Comments: When I felt like giving up today, I dug out an old pair of jeans and pyjama bottoms that I wore prior to losing weight. I compared them with my current jeans and pyjamas and took photos to remind myself of how far I have come. I hope you guys don’t mind me sharing 😊
    29x2nny8w9xs.jpeg
    4wq67ubgsah6.jpeg
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking, 65 mins weight training.

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: No - A very needed rest day

Comments

Oh man. I did literally nothing on Monday. I walked my dog in the morning, but I mostly just stood and let him sniff around and do his thing. I paid my son to walk him in the evening. I kept my calories low because I really want my calve to heal as quickly as possible so I'm hoping the lower calories with a slightly longer fasting window will aid or boost the autophagy occurring in my body. I woke up several times throughout the night. I don't know if it was from pain or what, but it reminded me that during times I do have some kind of pain, I sleep better if I take some ibuprofen before bed. I will do that tonight. There's simply no healer better than sleep. Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 17914
  • dustyspal
    Options
    @143tobe rest up and let your leg heal. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • AB0215
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **September Week 3**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@143tobe.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Dustyspal.
    @o0kody0o.