Replies

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 25 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    💬Comments: Another good day. I didn’t eat any chocoate today 👏 Again I snacked on fruit and had a protein shake when I felt a bit hungry after my dinner. I was visiting family and had brought along some white chocolate popcorn to satisfy any sweet cravings but I ended up giving it do my dad as I just didn’t want it. I’m determined to make tomorrow another successful day 🙂
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday
    Track
    Calories
    Exercise

Walked the dogs and came home very hot. Then...no power!!!! Ugh!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Yes - 5.5 mile run 65 (mins), 40 mins walking

Comments
    I'm SO excited. I just signed up for a 5K in Frankfurt that I ran over 3 years ago. It was my first organized run in Germany and I had to take the train alone to do it, and walk among all these people ALONE to do it. I have social anxiety so for me this was HUGE. I put on most of my weight after moving to Germany 10 years ago, partially due to the fact that I was terrified to step outside my door because I felt like everyone was judging me and nobody approved of who I was. (Germans have a tendency to give strangers some very hard stares, even when I smiled their expression would rarely change so for me this was extremely unnerving.) Anyway, at the point that I did this run three years ago, I had been running for 6 months. I had signed up for a half marathon in the US (where I'm from) and I began my training in December 2015 at 205lbs. I was going from couch to half marathon. I knew there would be no way I could actually run the entire half marathon since I only had a few months to train for it. I was so out of shape that even walking, ANY distance was hard. But I signed up because my whole family was doing this run. It was at a location close to our hearts (Zion National Park) and I didn't want to miss out on the moment since I live thousands of miles away from them and miss out on almost every moment. So I started slowly but I also pushed myself hard. I did run/walk intervals. By the time the half marathon came in March I had dropped 23lbs and was at 182. Still too heavy to make running feel anything close to "easy", I was able to (slowly) jog most of it, only stopping to use the port a potties twice (I started the run with a full bladder because the starting port a potties were all sitting in mud and I didn't want to start the race with muddy shoes. So the lines were LONG at that first stop.) and I think once towards the end where I walked for a few minutes (the entire course was uphill). My time was an unimpressive 3 hours, but I was so proud of myself for doing it. It was a huge improvement from where I'd been just months before. So my next race was this 5K in Frankfurt in May. I had 10 weeks after the half marathon to train for it. But I also had another half marathon in June, so really I was mainly in training for this. But back to this 5K. It was so exhilarating. I loved the race shirt and it felt so good to be "brave" and do it all on my own. (My husband never goes anywhere with me so if I do anything, it's almost always alone.) I just checked and my time three years ago was 32:14. By then I had reached 165lbs. I felt so strong and good. As of today I am 139.4 lbs and I am feeling so much lighter and faster. This course started slightly downhill, ended uphill, but for the most part was a generally flat course. I can't wait to push myself to see if I'm able to beat my time. I hope the course is the same. Unfortunately I was unable to run in 2017 and 2018 due to some bad hips so running is once again relatively new to me again. I was only able to start running again this spring. I didn't think my hips would allow me to run another half marathon, but just last weekend I did it. I was so happy I could cry. So this 5k holds so much meaning for me. It reminds me of where I began and how far I've come. I hope my husband comes along to support me but even if he doesn't, I know I can do it. My half in in 7 days. The 5K is in 10 days. I'm so excited for both!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 12297

• dustyspal
    Options
    @143tobe good for you! We all have those little events that become big moments. Good luck. I know you'll do great!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Missing weights:

@gjaholy33
    @Handlesgone
    @lsjhudson
    @Sherrilew
    @tdrjustus3
    @benbowers

And unfortunately some of these are the 2nd week for missing a weigh in and won't roll over to September if no weight is entered.
  • o0kody0o
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @143tobe Wow, you’ve achieved so much, well done 👏 I also have anxiety but thankfully it’s under control with medication and I feel really good. Hopefully your husband can be there to support you but if not, I bet you’ll do just fine. Make sure you update us with the outcome of your 5K, you can do it!

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post: September 23rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,272 steps

Daily Post: September 24th

Exercise: 10,463 steps

I think one of the reasons my weight loss has slowed is that I have REALLY slacked off on my water drinking. I have let myself get back into the Diet Coke habit again and for some reason that has almost totally replaced water in my diet. I am going to try to turn over a new leaf today and start drinking a lot more water each day.

@CindyJNC1963 I have stopped drinking diet sodas and then restarted so many times over the last 2 years or so. What I've discovered for myself is that weight loss slows when I don't drink them and I don't know if it's because I replace those drinks with something else that's tasty...that has calories....or what...but yep, so I'm back on the diet dr pepper train. Maybe some day I can achieve both..no soda and weight loss...but for now, that isn't happening. And on a side note, when I drink a diet soda, I force myself to drink the more water so that might also be a reason for it, like if I have a soda, I also have a water, I get them both at the same time.
    And you've done a really great job for yourself and have nothing to be upset about, it's normal to go through periods of slower weight loss over the journey...
  • AB0215
    Options
    ellylh1827 wrote: »
    Ellylh1827
    September week 4
    Wednesday weigh sorry for missing last week I was laid up in bed till Sunday.
    PW 14st 6lbs
    CW 14st 5lbs

Have set up a lunchtime walking group on my team at work a wee half hour circuit that takes in some hills so not all flat. All adds up.

@ellylh1827 14 st 5 lbs is 201 lbs, right? Math is hard lol.
    Congrats on your loss.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@AB0215.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Kin59vara.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @Handlesgone.
    @jeapri17.
    @lsjhudson.
    @o0kody0o.
    @Sherrilew.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @Tennisquilter.
    @benbowers.
    @mrsjas2000.
    @cydneebauman.
    @Dustyspal.
    @Ellylh1827.
    @nebslp.
    @skrowe88.
    @eromligyppah.
    @Gadgetgirl259.
    @Batgirl140.
    @LiveLaughLove1969.
    @rigibann.
    @Ver9nika.
    @143tobe.
    @Digger61.
    @mthomas0228.
    @vicky2767.
    @walk4today.

This is the last week of the September Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the October Challenge.

The October challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Slimsons (September) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765572/team-the-slimsons-october#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    eromligyppah
    Weigh-in Thurday
    Sept. Week 4

PW - 201.8
    CW - 202
    I'm ready for the race to be done and get back to losing some weight!
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Thursday, 26 September

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1.4 miles on my exercise bike. It wasn’t much at all but the main thing is that it got me moving 😊 Also walked for around 40 minutes.
    💬Comments: Very happy to say I was under my calories again and I haven’t had one bit of chocolate! I have my fruit ready if I get the urge to eat something sweet later.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

I wanted to walk home from work today, but I forgot we had a staff meeting so had to settle with only walking the dogs. Well, I won't be get another opportunity to walk home for at least another week - the hot weather is hanging on. Looks like a break next Friday, we'll see.

On a side note - over two months with drinking nothing but water!!💧💧
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 25th

Exercise: 10,154 steps

Daily Post: September 26th

Calories under goal: Slightly over
    Exercise: 10,450 steps

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week September Week 4
    PW: 469 2lbs
    CW: 467.5lbs

Daily Post

Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
    Water 145oz
    Goals/comments I really need to drink more water

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 182oxlz
    Goals/comments much better than yesterday
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    PW: 287
    CW: 285
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 4
  • 143tobe
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: September 23rd

I think one of the reasons my weight loss has slowed is that I have REALLY slacked off on my water drinking. I have let myself get back into the Diet Coke habit again and for some reason that has almost totally replaced water in my diet. I am going to try to turn over a new leaf today and start drinking a lot more water each day.

Before joining this group and deciding to start losing weight again, I was addicted to drinking caffeine free diet coke. I actually drank it when I lost my final 10 pounds to reach my (initial) goal weight. I felt like it helped me stay away from sweets since it was sweet but with no calories. But the last month I did notice that it was kind of replacing my total water intake so when I joined this challenge I made the decision to try to ween myself off it a bit. I have settled on drinking it on the weekends only, and during the week if I'm feeling particularly stressed out or struggling.

I was only able to be successful at this attempt because I've replaced my diet coke with an apple cider vinegar drink I now make two or three times a day. It's so delicious that I really look forward to it every day and have stopped obsessing about my D.Coke

1 or 2 TBSP ACV
    A bit of salt
    1 slice or 1/4 of a squeezed lemon
    1/4 tsp of vitamin c powder (this adds some tartness)
    1/4 tsp L-Lysine powder (this adds a little bit of bitter and helps it taste like almost like a margarita)
    5 drops Now Better Stevia (Lemon Twist flavor)
    I put all these with some ice cubes and 500ml water in a blender bottle and shake. Delish!

This takes effort to make, but now I don't think I can live without it. I add the lysine to keep my cold sores at bay due to the high amount of nuts I eat, so this is optional, and the vitamin c powder is optional. A good basic drink would be the:

ACV
    Salt
    Lemon
    Liquid stevia
    500ml water

Normally I HATE the taste of Stevia but I'm so happy I gave that one product a try, it's phenomenal and doesn't have that weird stevia taste at all.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Yes - 2.4 mile run with 12lbs added weight (27 mins), 30mins walking

Comments
    My legs are feeling tired this week. I need to start running less this week to give my body a chance to be at full strength for my run, but I joined a running challenge for September and I'm still trying to get my last miles in.
This discussion has been closed.