SW: 219,3
    CW: 216,5
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sept 7.

Track: yes
    Calories: 604 deficit calories
    Exercise: Walked 5.4 miles and 13,266 steps, 30 minutes bodypump class, 60 minutes yoga session.

Weighed today - 72.8kg! Whoop whoop!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @leni1us How terrifying! I haven't personally had to go through this, so I don't have any good tips for you. I am just glad that you found out in stage 1 and maybe it will just be a surgery. You take care of yourself and get well! Keep us posted even though you won't be in the challenge. You're still a Flab-U-Lessian!!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 1 (September)
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (9/7/19)
    PW = 342.2
    CW = 339.6

Finally out of the 340s, although barely! This week's goal is to lose 2 more lbs. One thing that helped this week, though painfully, was that I think I burned (or at least irritated) the roof of my mouth earlier this week while eating some fried fish that was too hot. (And it wasn't even that good!) So I've been eating less to avoid the pain. Plus, this week I've been trying to stick to 2 meals a day. My mouth is feeling better each day, but I refuse to let my recovery be a license to binge.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Sorry team, I'll need to bow out for a bit. I have had a medical issue come up. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone experience this before?

Oh my goodness, @leni1us! I'm so sorry you're going through this. But I am so glad it was caught early! Although we haven't met in person, I can tell from your posts here and on the other thread we're members on together, that you are a fighter. I'm glad you have your family with you as a good support system. Sending prayers your way.
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Username: MamboRumba
    SEPTEMBER : Week 1
    Monday
    PW = 131.4
    CW= 128.4

Daily Post: 9/7

Track: Y

Calories: Y

Exercise: Y

Comments:

Saturday is Prize Day! 💃🍃🔥

This is my 2nd month doing this Challenge. It works!
    But, you have to put in the work, too!

Here is a long log of my last 6 weeks.

High & Lows. Mistakes & Corrections.

I am listening to my body because I want to lose weight.
    First, I am doing good. I work out and plan all my meals.

My water intake is awesome. 3 Yetis daily which is 90 ounces. Before (August) it was 3 Yetis of iced tea! (9 Sweet n Low packets a day and why I stay away from Iced Tea now). Maybe 16 ounces of water. 😬

I even allow cheat meals of 2 a week.

It is usually Chipotle. Even that I have cleaned up a bit. I get a bowl.... not a burrito. I get the side of Guac....but, not the chips. The chips are 540 calories...alone! The burrito tortilla is 320 calories. I get all the goodness (Rice & Beans!) ...but, save 860 calories.

On Sunday, I messed up in the name of a ‘holiday.’ I went out to eat and instead of ordering ONE cheat meal....I ordered 3. Appetizer, Salad and an entree of Pasta....which was easily 3-4 portions.
    (And, a glass of wine) 😘 oh...yea, bread & butter, too.

While I don’t believe I gained any weight from this meal. I am almost certain it slow down my progress. It took 4 days for my body to digest all this food and for my weight to stabilize again.

This is because I worked harder during my exercise. Instead, of jogging 3 miles a few times a week......I jogged 5 miles everyday! And, my usual 100 laps in my pool.

I believe that meal cost me .5 to a 1 pound of weight loss progress this week.
    Doesn’t sound like a lot....but, in 4 weeks that is 2-4 pounds I won’t lose.

I want to be in the 8-10 pounds monthly weight loss.

I also didn’t cut back any calories this week....to make up for this huge meal. My body needs those calories and nutrients. I actually ate a lot more fruit. Watermelon, peaches and apples. And, popsicles! Normally, it is just berries.

Adding extra exercise gave me success because it kept my body burning calories and digestive system working.

Lastly, there is nothing like physical punishment of extra exercise to remind me of my mistakes. Yea.....I am not one that loves to exercise. But, my Fitbit addiction is in full swing ........and, that is helping a lot! My playlist is killer, too! 🤣🙏🏻🔥 Also, the lighter I get....the easier the exercise becomes. I am just learning each day.
    #Motivated
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry team, I'll need to bow out for a bit. I have had a medical issue come up. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone experience this before?

This is something every woman thinks about or at least I do. Hoping you get positive news with your surgeon. Please stay in touch and let us know how it is going. Now we are all thinking about you. @leni1us

Daily Post Friday, September 6th, 2019

Track: Yes

Calories: 1916/1830

Exercise: Calories burnt: 2381. 59 minutes of cleaning, 38 minutes of cooking, 52 minutes of gardening, 30 minutes of Tae Bo, 30 minutes of belly dancing, and 50 minutes of walking with 4709 steps.

Comments: The second time I have done the belly dancing. I am still uncoordinated and I can't do some of the moves, especially with the chest. Strangely, I am finding it more of an intensive exercise than Tae Bo with all of the moving around.

This is great! I am a belly dancer and it is not easy. Most of the belly dance moves are teeny-tiny body isolations and this takes years to master. What people see when we dance are the bigger layer combinations. Layering moves takes a lot of coordination and strength. Here is a website that is all belly dance with professional instruction videos. www.daturaonline.com
    I love the shorter drills videos. They also have a lot of nice cardio videos.....so, not just for BDs. Have fun!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Username: TypingToaster
    Week: September Week1
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    PW: 309.4
    CW: 308.5
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Saturday, 9/7
    Calories: over by 34
    Exercise: cleaned other half of the house
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Daily Post mini challenge weekly results:

Winner's Circle (Posted 6-7 days)
    @TypingToaster
    @WA_Teacher
    @mrsjar5311
    @happy7811
    @jenngitch
    @Starshine15
    @MamboRumba

The Doing Just Flab-U-Less Crowd (Posted 4-5 days)
    @12774
    @spinnerkind
    @holygoop
    @DJMKT

The shhhh....they're hunting wabbits..... (Posted 1-3 days)
    @yanim2019
    @LenGray
    @Miyoka_Tata
    @empire5

We're having an awesome participation turnout this month! Keep up the great work you guys! I'm sorry if I missed anyone or any posts, it has been a crazy hectic week. I'll be back in full swing tomorrow when the last group can probably go home when they get power back on. We still have about 20 people that haven't been cleared for Savannah yet.
  • Katchoi
    Katchoi Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Daily post: September 7
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes 5k training 50 mins
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    @leni1us How terrifying! I haven't personally had to go through this, so I don't have any good tips for you. I am just glad that you found out in stage 1 and maybe it will just be a surgery. You take care of yourself and get well! Keep us posted even though you won't be in the challenge. You're still a Flab-U-Lessian!!

Thank you! That means alot.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday, September 7th, 2019

Calories: 1670/1830

Exercise: Calories burnt: 1337. 25 minutes of cleaning, 34 minutes of cooking, 63 minutes of gardening, and 64 minutes of walking with 6,122 steps.

Comments: There is a muscle in my arm that is sore when I move it a certain way similar to some of the arm moves of belly dancing. :/ Seriously?
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness, @leni1us! I'm so sorry you're going through this. But I am so glad it was caught early! Although we haven't met in person, I can tell from your posts here and on the other thread we're members on together, that you are a fighter. I'm glad you have your family with you as a good support system. Sending prayers your way.

Thank you so much. I'm going to beat this. It's just another chapter in my life. My mother had cancer at 70 and she still going strong at 87. She's my inspiration.
  • mrsjar5311
    Options

Hugs Leni! You're in my thoughts and prayers. No direct experience but my mum beat it and went on to have our youngest. Send you lots and lots of healing vibes xx
  • mrsjar5311
    Options
    Daily post Sept 8.

Track: yes
    Calories: 714 deficit calories
    Exercise: Walked 7.7 miles and 16,718 steps, 60 minutes yoga session. I also fasted 18 hours and it was effortless. I actually forgot to eat! Sunday is my cheat. Had a hot toddy made from Baileys. Weather was crap. Rain, electric storm and cold so it was a much needed hot toddy!

Had a cheat weigh in and dropped a little bit more! So chuffed! Scales have been put away till Sat!
  • DJMKT
    DJMKT Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, have been in Nashville for Dragonboat racing. Have done a ton of walking as well exploring the city. Very fun city.

For both Friday and Saturday
    Track:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walking about 7 miles per day. Dragon boat racing on Saturday
    Calories: Under (even with enjoying a cocktail)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    LenGray
    Week 2
    Sunday
    PW: 262.6
    CW: 261.4

Pretty pleased with myself these last few weigh-ins! Here's hoping I hit the 250's next week :)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    September Week 2
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 223.8
    Current Weight: 222
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Need get caught up here i was so tired last night forgot to daily post
    Daily post for saturday 7th

Tracked yes
    Calories targeted yes over by 85 of my 1250 goal

Exercised no taken this weekend off need rest.

Water 7 cups

Breathing techniques 5 min

Steps ere very poor 131
    Miles 0
    Cb. 0

Ok for Sundays daily post 8th

Tracked Yes

Calories targeted. Yes over by 89

Exercised no just a normal walking all day

Water 6 cups other two be done by bed time.

Steps still tracking those an miles

This discussion has been closed.