WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa - It it hard for those of us that are smaller (I am 5’3”). Especially as I get older, the metabolism slows and I just don’t need much in calories. I had a doctor who called it “small woman syndrome”. My current doctor is not as fussed about my overweight bmi, but focuses more on my lab/test results and how I feel. But I feel better lighter and I run way better with less weight. Like your friend, I am married to one of those guys that eats a lot, is a foodie and does not put on weight. It is frustrating to be around sometimes. But we can’t change what we can’t change. Also it is about health. Your body and mind will love you for the healthy eating and exercise!

@Barbb1557 - That is so great that you are feeling empowered by your workouts!! You stuck with it and you should be very proud of yourself!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    xjsfuo663do2.jpeg
    niaxg8zeyw43.jpeg
    Mermaid...I made this for Skylynn a few years back. Would love to do more...and team sweaters.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I live in southern New Hampshire, close to the mass border.

@sleepymom5 I'm staying in my assistant director position at work. The state says because I am grandfathered in as a teacher I need to take more classes than someone fresh out of school. We did try to fight it. I refuse to go back to school especially after finding out they are selling the business anyway. I'm going to ride it out until my time is done and then decide what I want to be when I grow up.

I tried running today, hated every minute of it, lol. I am going to try to make it a thing. It was nice out so instead of doing a video I thought I would get outside. Hopefully the scale is down tomorrow, I will even take an ounce.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @lennoncpa - It it hard for those of us that are smaller (I am 5’3”). Especially as I get older, the metabolism slows and I just don’t need much in calories. I had a doctor who called it “small woman syndrome”. My current doctor is not as fussed about my overweight bmi, but focuses more on my lab/test results and how I feel. But I feel better lighter and I run way better with less weight. Like your friend, I am married to one of those guys that eats a lot, is a foodie and does not put on weight. It is frustrating to be around sometimes. But we can’t change what we can’t change. Also it is about health. Your body and mind will love you for the healthy eating and exercise!

I dropped by and found you two singing my song! @Cafelelia and @lennoncpa - I am 65, barely 5'1" (on a good morning, standing very tall) and I'm married to a guy who is 6'3" and can eat easily twice the calories I eat, and our son can eat even more. Finally I did lose all I wanted (and have kept it off), but I cook for myself quite separately than for my boys. It has really helped - I eat TONS of vegetables, and keep fat low, fibre high, and don't go overboard on protein. We are small, we do not need the crazy amounts of protein that those big inefficient people do! I find keeping to those targets helps a lot, and I eat almost no grains. Certainly not low carb, but I fill my plate with mountains of food that is almost all plants. Then some legumes, fish, seafood - that does it, and it is easy to cook it all in one skillet with a different seasoning each time. Keep experimenting and you'll find a way - don't give up!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food IF on track
    Water goodish
    Exercise C25K, 30 min walk, plank challenge
    Steps 10,211

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 3
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 167.4
    Weekly Steps: 89,565
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I'm so disappointed in this gain. I've been much more physically active this week and my muscles are sore so I hope some of this gain is water retention but what concerns me most is that I have a case of the f-its. I'm an IF dropout... I doubt that its sustainable for me right now and haven't been interested in sticking to my plan. I'm a planner!!!! I need my plan LOL!! Went on a 5 mile hike yesterday morning and both dogs did great but sometime during the afternoon Willow just didn't want to move. She seems like she's in pain. All I have scheduled for today is a chiropractor appointment and a trip to the grocery store. Then I think we'll snuggle on the couch during this rainy day. Hopefully she feels better after a day of rest.

@mrsbell8well What a cute mermaid. Made me smile which I needed this morning.
    Hugs @sleepymom5 xo

I can't believe we're already more than half-way through September. This month is flying by and I'm only backpedaling farther from my goal. The weekend is almost upon us. Cyndie would be asking what our plan is... mine is to cut back on carbs and do some soul searching to see if I can locate where my motivation ran off to.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 189
    Cw 189
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Daily Check in for Wednesday

Food - logged & under (mostly fasting)
    Water - 2 l
    Exercise - had about 60 minutes of walking cumulative.

My physio appointment went really well yesterday. I strained my IT band in compensating for the sciatica, so she really focused on that with acupuncture and some pretty intense stretching. Feels great today and I am edging closer to a full recovery for everything. I received my fitness plan from my trainer. These are the exercises that I do on days when I don’t see her. I have some questions, will start the new regime next week after I speak to her and my physio. The key will be to ease into everything so I don’t reinjure again. During this recovery period, the IF really seems to be helping me both physically and mentally, so I will keep up the experiment!

@nstephenson01 - Yes, Cyndie would totally be talking about a plan! Don’t get discouraged and some soul searching is a great idea! The number of weekly steps that you have is impressive btw and I am envious of that 5 mile hike, which is something that I am not quite up to yet. I love hikes & being outdoors!

@hope002 - Your consistency and dedication each day is inspiring!

@sleepymom5 - So sorry that you are not feeling great. You are the nurse, so you know that the fibre will help. There is that powdered magnesium (Calm), that I think also helps with regularity. I don’t take it now, but used to a few years back. A sports medicine doctor may be a good idea at this point, at least for a second opinion. Not sure that surgery is an option for your condition, but that kind of doctor can explore that with your at least. Big hugs and hope that you feel better!

@jugar - A big hug to a fellow “small woman”. I have a teenager in the house now and had to buy a second fridge, no joke!

@ljdanny - Not everyone likes running. For getting outside, hiking is good. If you want to try running again, maybe run/walk intervals and a good podcast or music will help!

@mrsbell8well - That is an amazing new profile pic! You look so happy and glowy!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in

I keep thinking about a soccer coach for my boys who asked the important question, Are you hurt or are you hurting? There can be a world of difference between the two and how you proceed. However, as I have gotten older the line between the two is more blurred.
    I went to the dermatologist today and she was quite busy with 30 spots, luckily nothing dangerous. But I am hurting!
    I am so glad my friend and I are shopping today, we have at least 8 stores to visit and then a late lunch outside in the sun. I am thinking of wearing my size 16 dress and relieve the pressure of fabric resting on my neck, chest, and legs. It may not be pretty, but I am going to feel so good wearing a much smaller size!

@Cafelelia and @sleepymom5 Hats off to your patience as you wait for your bodies to heal!

I have broken both legs, my ankle, and bones in my feet. Apparently I am not an athlete, but I stopped a goal when I shattered my tibia and fibula on the soccer field in a parents versus kids soccer game.

I sympathize with everyone who is hurt it hurting. This group is so awesome, all of you adjust or adapt to what ever is happening in your lives and you continue to make the extra efforts to achieve your weight loss goals. Amazing!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @phoebe112476 I love all your highlights and recaps. Just lovely. Your doing great and your words made me laugh (jeans falling off of you) and my heart goes out for your struggles too. Prayers to you my friend and many cheers!
    @barb1557 I remember vividly getting down into a size 16 dress. I was soooo happy. You are doing great and it is always a great idea to wear clothes that make you feel your best.
    @Cafelelia thanks for you comments. I do feel very healthy and glowy! Good luck with your new routines.
    @nstephen01 You will LOVE Natalie Bacons new Thursday thought emails. Have you read it yet? I liked it so much that I jumped on the her blog about the 9 steps for a higher level on 3 different areas. And then I jumped on to her free 9 steps to a higher level 1 hour vlog. I really enjoyed my Natalie time. I immediately downloaded the free google calendar she recommended and started inputting everything! I am already feeling more energized and more positive. Let me know what you think.
    @sleepymom5 Yes I love that mermaid too. I have some crazy yarns and ideas that would make some really cool future mermaid hair. I have visions of a snow white mermaid with sparkly white hair. this will be part of my future life with blogging and writing my novel. I am sorry your in a crummy mood. And not pooping makes it so much worse. You poor thing. But it sounds like you are doing a lot of self nurturing with the Daisy walk and bike ride. You will get through this. And good luck with your company. I really hope it goes well.

@ljdanny I was looking at the weather in NH. Molly and I love snow. I noticed that some parts predict snow as early as October and all the way to April. Maybe we will not go to NH after all. LOL.
    We are actually now considering Winston-Salem NC. The "Dash" as they call it. I really enjoyed my time there last April. Molly and I are going to drive there in October as part of my 1 week birthday get a way. Cost of living seems to be much better there than Virginia.

I am starting to ponder blog names. It feels like a daunting task to come up with a name. I would like to write a blog about health, nutrition, daily life and seasonal recipes galore. You all let me know if you have any suggestions. And going plant based seems to be pretty popular right now.

hang in there everyone. Let's focus on our goals and success. Nobody cares about our health as much as we do. So I guess it has to be asked...How much do you care about your health? Your actions are telling.

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food IF on track
    Water could be better
    Exercise 30 min strength, 30 yoga, 40 min treadmill intervals, plank challenge
    Steps 12,337

• timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Timibotkin
    Friday
    PW 295.6
    CW 292.8

Hopefully I will be able to maintain next week as my work schedule will move back to nights for one last week! Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @hope002 looks like your on track! Good job.
    @timibotkin that’s a big loss. Hope your doing well. Good luck with your last week of nights!
    @julie8468 what’s happening in your world? I was thinking about you. Miss your postings.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 158
    CW - 156.4

@Mrsbell8well - Great idea for the blog! I am not great with catchy names but will think about it.

@Julie8468 - Sorry that you had a gain this week. Hope that you. Don’t get discouraged by it and check in with us as you can.

@timibotkin - Great loss, congrats!!

@hope002 - Another great day yesterday, you rock! I am curious about your treadmill intervals, what do you do?

@phoebe112476 - Your post just made my week. In spite of the struggles you experienced this week, you have stayed the course and I could feel the joy from the highlights of your week! Also, so many NSVs (as well as the scale victory too)!! I am also in awe of the fact that you are a foster parent. You are truly a special person!

@Barbb1557 - Thank you for the boost and you are awesome too!! And you should wear that smaller size dress very proudly!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    week 3
    PW 164
    CW 163.8

I am happy with the weight, finally down just a little. Back to water aerobics twice a week now and volunteer work at the school twice a week. I restock the library books so walking a bit more and carrying books must be good exercise. I have also been staying close to my food goals every day.
This discussion has been closed.