Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday Check in

Food - logged & on target
    Water 2l
    Exercise - 1 hour with trainer

Busy day yesterday and another one today. Not in a great mood, and not sure why. I think it is just getting back into the fall routine with all of the schools stuff & hockey for the kids. My leg feels pretty good and will see what physio says tomorrow. Everyone is asking me when I will start running again. I have decided not to put a date on it, even if I am cleared by PT to do it. The July reinjury was worse for me mentally than the original injury from last November. So I am just focusing on health and fitness overall.

@amytriesww - Those pancakes look delicious! Thanks for giving recipe & that is a clever idea to put a bit of pudding mix in greek yogurt!

@lennoncpa - What a great weekend and thanks for sharing the photo! How many calories did you burn or steps did you take with all of that activity?

@phoebe112476 - We have not heard much from you in a few days, and hope everything is going ok! That was just a minimal gain this week.

@Barbb1557 - Feeling 10 years younger is a nice NSV!

@amsandos - A half marathon is an awesome goal, and you are right, it is not too late to meet your fitness goals this year. Congrats on the triathlon!

@hope002 - You are still being so consistent! Don’t worry about the scale fluctuation too much.

@nstephenson01 - I need to check out the Beck Diet Solution too, and I remember Cyndie recommending it. Are you following it (other than the walking test)?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Some pictures from my walk this morning
    6ixrgfbieymv.jpg
    ksjefbmnvis3.jpg
    jappox4ieiu1.jpg
    6z9audjc2qy4.jpg

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: Logged, got off track... snacking before dinner probably put me over
    Water: Great!!
    Exercise & steps: 3 mile hike; 22,591 steps

Skipped my yoga class and instead spent 4 hours stacking firewood. Before my husband went to Pennsylvania he left me a nice, big stack of firewood. He splits it, I stack it... that's our deal. As much as I love having a fire in the wood stove, I don't particularly enjoy the chore of stacking it so I always leave it until the last minute. I've been halfheartedly stacking some a little at a time but really needed to get my butt in gear. I feel like I should be able to eat whatever I want with that much activity but I've been consuming a lot of carbs and the scale is reflecting it.

@carlsoda Good for you for handling the move yourself! We moved as much as we could when we moved from California to Montana but I still had to have a moving company move the big stuff. Its a crime what they charge! As for our winter we had both a lot as well as late snow so I'm not ready for another winter just yet!

No, @Cafelelia I'm not following it like the book suggests. I'm just reading it more as food for thought. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for your rehab.

Beautiful pictures @hope002!!

As for the self-care challenge this week I am making a point of going to bed at the same time each night in hopes of getting a better night's sleep.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited September 2019
    Monday Check in
    Water 96oz
    Exercise - 30 min walking, 30 min bike and PT exercises.
    Steps-7178

Good day yesterday. Everything went according to plan. Today I was out early to PT so I just have time now to sit down and see what you all have been up to. PT was hard, he put me on a really tough bike ride on the stationary bike. I did not enjoy it at all. He also has me doing these squats on an incline machine and increased the weight from 15 to 20 lbs. I am so beat! Thank goodness he didn't increase any of my other exercises. I had planned to ride my bike today but that isn't going to happen. It is too windy out. Daisy and I just came in from the deck because it was so bad. I am going to wrap things up here and just head out. I am hoping I can get Daisy to at least go for a 30 min walk, if not, I will have to do something at home although I am fine with my therapy being my exercise for the day. Ok, I will check in later from Pa. I am bringing my salad with me Lol! I am staying on track. Those two at home must just eat out. There is never food there. I shop when I am home but they don't go on their own. I am bringing dinner and breakfast with me. Not sure about lunch yet, I have a dress fitting and then have to get MK and take her to her doctor's appointments. I may treat myself to something out by her. There is a healthy looking place nearby that I am going to look into tonight. I will check in again this evening. I should start using my ipad for when I go back and forth rather than lugging this computer but I really like having a keyboard. Maybe I should start using the ipad to get used to it. It would be nicer to have when I travel instead of the computer. Hope everyone is having a good day!

@amytriesww I am sorry to hear about your daughter. My youngest has anxiety and did have stomach issues too. They do flare up from time to time. I hope she is feeling better or at least you get some answers soon. That waffle looks yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe!
    @nstephenson01 I still have trouble with the eating to +2 too. I have just been cutting back on my portions slowly. Works for the normal stuff but not much of a help when I eat out. I can't believe you already have snow in the forecast! I am still at the shore trying to hold onto summer! I guess I better start enjoying fall before it is over Lol! Stacking firewood is a great workout! My kids are too old now, well maybe not MK :wink:, but stacking wood always ended up being someone's punishment Lol! We could always count on someone being in trouble for something when you have 5 kids. Maybe that is why we don't use the firepit as much now. It seems like you have been having more carbs lately, is there anything in those cookbooks that you would like just as much to have on hand when you feel like having them?
    @hope002 Those carbs can do that to you! Drink up and get back on track. I am sure most of that will come off. The pictures from your walk are amazing! You must live in a beautiful area! I love your little walking buddy too!
    @amsandos Looks like you are off to a great start! Monday looked good! Keep that going!
    I need to journal more. I actually bought a journal and haven't used it! I think this is an important step to get our minds focused on why we seem to keep sabotaging ourselves.
    @Barbb1557 That creamer sounds good! Funny what we can come up with! Hope you aren't dragging too much today. 2am wake time makes for a long day!
    @lennoncpa I guess I could try learning it and I can always back out if I can't catch on. It may be fun...Wish you lived closer to help me!
    @phoebe112476 I know you had said earlier in the week the scale had been going down. This slight gain could be due to a number of things. No worries and keep doing what you are doing.
    @carlsoda Between packing, moving, working and I am sure stress, you are doing AMAZING!!
    Moving yourself will save a lot of money. Will you be doing furniture and everything? Will the internet service be like that forever in the new house or just while until you move in and get a provider. Let me know for sure about next month. Hopefully you will just go on the cheer squad but still check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing and how the move is going. How far is this from where you live currently (I am not going to let you go, I will just keep asking you questions ;) ) .
    @Cafelelia I think getting in a new routine, back to school, work etc is exciting at first and now you are over that initial excitement. Especially those sports, they hit the ground running! Hopefully that feeling will pass soon. I think it is smart not to put a date on the running. Go by how you feel physically and mentally. You will get there when you are ready. Hugs! Oh, I loved the Beck Diet Solution. I felt like it was speaking to me.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Sorry will hopefully catch up soon. Another long productive day. Started with a 45 minute run before work.
  • sleepymom5
    Once again, I am back home and I am pooped. I ran out to the mall after I dropped Daisy off at home. I changed my mind about the shoes I wanted to wear for the wedding. I had tried on sparkly kitten heels last week that were so cute but decided to go with flats. The flats aren't quite as sparkly and not much more comfortable so I ran back tonight and got the first ones. I need them in the morning for the fitting. I had another good day, I will check in tomorrow morning. Good night everyone!
    @pacsnc6 I didn't know you have been doing water aerobics for so long! That is awesome! It is also a pretty good sign when your doctor thinks you are 10 years younger! :)
    @Mrsbell8well No worries! We know life gets busy. What a nice way to start your day with a run, especially now that the weather is cooling down.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Barbb1557

Checking in
    I am super happy about the weight loss. My doctor and I agreed to start the HCTZ again, but half the dose. A success in my mind!

Yesterday was busy and a very long day from 2:30 am to 9:00 pm.. I began cleaning after my wonderful coffee My friend was coming over to help me paint the railing on my deck. We worked about three hours and completed a good coat on the inside and outside railing. I live within walking distance of a brewery that has excellent pizza and she wanted to go for a beer and a slice.
    I have a blood test this morning, so I opted for water and a very good turkey with provolone salad. I was glad to have the opportunity to buy her dinner after she helped me so much. After dinner we moved my table on to the deck which was so helpful, I would have hurt myself trying to move it.
    I am really sore today, but need to weed the back deck area, where the snake said hello the other day, and apply a second coat of stain.
    Have a great day everyone!

@hope002 Great pictures! How awesome to live in such a beautiful area and your dog is a beauty.

@amytriesww Thanks so much for the recipe, adding the pudding mix to the yogurt is brilliant!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    I need to catch up reading posts. I am loving living by my google calendar. I realized this morning that I’m falling behind on MFP. I forgot to put it on my calendar lol. I will put it on my calendar to figure out when to put it on my calendar.
    Weight this morning 145. Higher than I want but still 3 pounds within maintenance.
    I’m thinking I’m going to weigh once a week. And go back to logging on Monday. Still figuring it all out. Life is good.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Happy Wednesday!!

Food - pretty good yesterday almost on plan (amazing!)
    Water - great!
    Exercise - great!

I had a pretty bad headache yesterday afternoon - more sinus type headache in the forehead and I have it again this morning so I'm dosed up on OTC drugs :) I think it was the dairy from our son's bday party on Sunday. Lots and Lots and Lots of dairy!

@nstephenson01 - we are able to move on our own as we're only moving 5 miles. Leaving town and moving into the country. My FIL has a trailer and we have lots of strong young men around to help! Storage unit is a whopping 7 miles from our house hehe. Cali to Montana is a totally different story!!

@sleepymom5 - I will go on the cheer squad for sure in October and maybe November. I'll let you know. There are no good internet providers where we are moving. The problem with a rural location is that the infrastructure hasn't been updated. We were going through boxes and boxes of old VHS movies and DVD's and kept quite a few if we are not able to stream from Netflix or YouTube. I'm hoping with T-Mobile it will work fine there. We get reception there, just need to see how long a hotspot plan lasts. I may have to give up Instagram!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • sleepymom5
    Monday Check in
    Water 80 oz
    Exercise - 30 min walking, 15 min stationary bike and PT.
    Steps-9584

Great day yesterday. Everything was on track. Didn't bike, it was too windy but went on a 30 min walk with Daisy. I feel like I am moving a little faster so maybe that is good. Did some walking this weekend with friends but felt like I was still felt like I was holding them up. PT ends after next week. Then I go on vacation. I have a call in to my doctor to see what the plan is from there. I do see an improvement but not a big one. I need to get ready for my fitting so I have to go. I will check in tonight. Let's have a great day everyone!

@Barbb1557 Awesome loss! I am glad that you are back on a lower dose of the HCTZ. I was wondering how that was going. Wow! You had quite a productive day yesterday. That deck is going to look so nice when you are done. It is nice that you were able to go out and still make healthy choices. You go out frequently and you seem to know how to order, enjoy and stay on plan. That is what I need to get consistent with. Now that the kids are older, my husband and I go out a lot more.
    @GingerPwr Nice loss! And right where you wanted to be!!
    @Mrsbell8well You are doing great while figuring it all out! I think you may have already figured it out :) I need to put "check out google calendar" on my to do list. I think that is the one that can be shared? I always wanted to do one that my husband can access too.
    @carlsoda You are doing great! It always amazes me how you can connect your symptoms to your diet. I am not in tune with my body at all. I will have you moved to the cheer squad. :'( I hate to have you go but I do hope you come back and like I said I do hope you check in periodically through the month and tell us how you are doing.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    daily check in
    food on target
    waterb on target
    exercise 3 mile time trial
    sleep on target

i had to stop myself from flicking through facebook at 10:30pm so that I could go to sleep. Althought I was groggy waking up this morning I am feeling much better. My rule of not having any unplanned sugar is going well and I am leaving the work treats well alone. My colleage said that he wanted a hot chocoloate rather than joining him I am going to plan one on friday evening. My daugther and I have girls night because my husband has a rare evening with his friends. I am thinking get some nice cocoa proper milk do it really nicely.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday check in

Water - 2l
    Exercise 30 minute walk.

So the self care challenge has been an interesting learning experience for me. I really need to carve out more time for myself. Part of me moving to part time work was to do that. But my brain and my habits have been stuck in overworking for so long. I am slowly learning a new way, and my injury maybe was a way to get me to slow down. Anyway, my big self-care thing yesterday was that I took a spontaneous 90 minute nap in the afternoon. Aside from a few times when I have been sick, I just never nap. I could never nap at my jobs (obviously), but I never even napped on my mat leaves. It was nice and restorative, and clearly, I needed it. I was worried about not sleeping last night, but I did just fine. I have physio this afternoon and am hoping to ease off to going less frequently.

@amsandos - You did great yesterday! Really nice move re the hot chocolate and it is those little things that add up in a big way to help you get to goal.

@sleepymom5 - Yes, seeing your doctor after the trip is a great idea. Have fun at the fitting!

@carlsoda - Good luck with everything and hope that you get some internet! Stay in touch when you can and let us know how it is going!

@Mrsbell8well - 3 lbs within maintenance is not much, and for you, really not much at all. I know that maintenance can be just as challenging as losing the weight, and you are doing great!

@Barbb1557 - Great day and super loss!! Congrats!!

@GingerPwr - Also a super loss! Congrats!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and happy Wednesday everybody. I actually don't think I gained any weight over the last weekend which is unusual since I usually gain weight when I travel. I really have been trying to behave myself. Also, since I was in the presence of 5 other people most of the time, I couldn't do my sneak eating!! I have talked to my friends about giving up sweets because of my addictive personality and they think that's awesome so they didn't try to tempt me at all. Other than with the chocolate wine they were drinking!! Lucky for me I don't like chocolate or wine!!

I'm back on track with my eating schedule and I was curious if you guys do this. I will get in a mood where like I want Greek salads every day. Then next week it might be salmon every day and the week after that might be egg white omelettes everyday! You would think I would prefer variety. I think part of it might be that I am watching my weight (my whole life!) so if I have a day where I eat something and then when I get on the scale I haven't gained any weight - it reinforces that what I ate is okay! Is that bizarre behavior?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHECK THIS OUT

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766086/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1

POP OVER TO THIS LINK AND SUPPORT OUR GROUP AS WE ARE REGISTERING FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    COME ON NOW ALL TOGETHER NOW 1 2 3 GO
  • sleepymom5
    I am back at the shore and heading out for a bike ride. I am so bummed that it is already starting to get dark earlier. Have a good evening everyone!

@amsandos I like how you planned your hot chocolate for Friday rather than indulge now. Sounds like it may be better than the one you had at work. Looks like you are doing well. FB can really rob of you time and zzzs . It is good you resisted and went to sleep. Great day!
    @Cafelelia It is hard in our busy lives to make time for ourselves. It seems to be very low on the priority list. It is good you are seeing that and looking for some ways make some time. Good luck at the physio today. I hope you can start dialing it back now that your condition is improving. I was thinking of you today with Thanksgiving coming up. I never realized Canada had it on a different day. I learn so much here! Lol!
    @lennoncpa I am not surprised that you didn't gain. You and your friends had a great plan for your trip so it seemed like that might make it easier to stay on track. You made me think with your question about repeating meals. I do the same thing when it is just me. I always thought it was because I just liked what I was eating and I didn't have to think. Now you have me thinking it could be because I know that if I eat this, I will have the results I want. That could very much be the reason. I was actually thinking when I was eating dinner that I really should probably switch it up. I will soon enough when I am back in Pa making meals again. Lol! I don't know if it is bizarre, I bet we aren't the only ones!
This discussion has been closed.