Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Week 4
    Friday weigh in
    pw: 163.8
    cw: 163.8

Hard to believe I stayed the same as my eating was not the best this week. I have tried to move more so maybe that helped. I want to be in the 150s by Thanksgiving and the way I seem to plateau after each small drop means I'll have to work hard for that.
    Off to water aerobics this morning.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    Thursday Check in
    Food logged & on target
    Water 80 oz
    Exercise - 15 min stationary bike and PT
    Steps-6,667

Ok, time to take my own advice and not be upset what I see on the scale. I can't believe I am not down more. I had a great week and a good weekend but maybe the weekend wasn't good enough for a loss. Or maybe, the scale this am isn't reflecting how I did this week. Oh well moving on.
    I am happy to be home and not have to be running right back to the shore. I want to get things in some sort of order here. Off to see my MIL this am. She is 95! Let's have a great week!

Self care today-getting things in order here. I will feel so much better.

@amytriesww Great job with the plank! I can't wait to hear where you are in a month with those. I need to start doing them again. I am sorry about your daughter. I was looking back for the post that you had told us about her anxiety. I forget how old she is. My daughter's started out of the blue sophomore year in HS, she is now a sophomore in college. She was also diagnosed with a panic disorder this past spring.She is on medication and sees a counselor every week and a psychiatrist once a month. That's why I run home from the shore on Wednesdays. It seems like she is doing well at the moment but you always worry. We were lucky, the counselor she had for years would also talk to us if we needed it. So any questions or concerns she would let us call or would meet with us. There is not much we can do as parents but support them and let them feel safe. I think the world is so different(not in a good way) from when we grew up. Hugs to you Mama. Thanks for the kind words about my friends too. It is just crazy this is all happening to two of my closest friends, we have been friends since 2nd and 3rd grade.
    @amsandos Another great day! Sometimes when you are hungry, you need to eat. If it is almost time for a meal hold off of course. Just make sure it is hunger, drink some water first and really be sure. I think after a run this am you may need to eat a little something. I was thinking, maybe you can keep some healthy snacks at work for times like this. Then there is no struggling with what is in that break room. That is right, you planned your treats for today. They will be so much nicer with no guilt. Enjoy the hot chocolate with you daughter!
    @barbb1557 What is going on with your hip? I love your attitude though. You are right, eating healthy and weight loss can help no matter what the xrays show. I hope there are some exercises you can do for your hip too. Also, it is good to get the xrays and see what is going on in there. Hopefully everything goes well. Keep us posted.
    @lennoncpa That is really nothing, especially after being away. Keep doing what you have been doing!
    @cafeleia Great news with the leg! Hopefully you have a lot more good days vs bad days ahead. Or maybe no bad days at all...I have been trying to do the IF too. I am not consistent enough with it to see any changes. What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving with your family coming from Italy! How long will they be staying? That will be so nice! I hear smoked turkey is delicious too.
    @pacsnc6 Take that as a gift but don't push it. The eating will sneak up on you. Enjoy your water aerobic class!
  • sleepymom5
    4ensu44deqrf.jpeg

What is everyone's plans for the weekend? Let's have a fun weekend and still hit our goals.
    My plans? NOTHING! No guests and no events that I need to worry about. A weekend to get myself and house organized.

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Friday WI

PW: 147
    CW: 147

I think my body likes this weight!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Unfortunately my class was cancelled again this morning. A plan to have maintenance done this afternoon got moved up to morning!!! And we don't get notified in advance, so everybody shows up to find a notice on the door. Bummer!!!!! This us starting to happen too often. I wish there was a gym with water exercise close by that I could switch to.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and happy Friday everyone. I wasn’t working today so I started out the day with a Zumba class followed by a circuit training class right after. It’s sort of sets a good tone for my day so I was glad to do that but I’m feeling it now. Tonight there’s a grand opening party for one of my sons new businesses and there’s gonna be food and beverages so I’m hoping to avoid the food and just drink water😀.

@sleepymom5 I can’t tell you how many weekends ruin my progress!! Five days of hard work and then two days of stupidity! That’s exactly what I do but I’ve been getting better because I get tired of sabotaging myself😀
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    My weekend plan? Prelogging the date night meal, meal prep on Sunday & fitting in exercise both days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

qu0bq1ai4q11.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    TGIF busy busy busy! Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    October chat is now open.
    Hop over and say hello!
  • sleepymom5
    @carlsoda I think maintaining is good with all you have going on! That Lucy sounds so cute, I am glad that you were able to get some medicine to help her with the move! Good luck this weekend getting things packed up. Hope you have a super productive weekend!
    @pacsnc6 Ugh! That stinks! Especially since you went all the way over there!
    @Cafelelia Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned!
  • sleepymom5
    xuohbzq1cxkc.jpeg

Friday's Weigh Ins still due
    @hope002
    @julie8468
    @Timibotkin
    @McKay85
    Saturday Weigh Ins
    @kirsten11872
    @IHP2015
    @Zumba_Luvah
    Sunday Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Daily check in
    Food extra snacks as mentioned above
    Water on plan
    Exercise 3 mile run
    Sleep 7hrs
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    My hot choc was nice but the cake not sho nice. The good news here is that I didn't eat most of it. I would have done in the past. The bad news is I had popcorn instead a lot of it. Oh well today is a new day it is going to be a busy weekend.

@sleepymom5 good idea. I will put the good stuff on my desk so I don't have to go there.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Dads 90th birthday today. I’m making a vegan tres leche cake this morning. I have stayed off the scale. My energy is elsewhere. I have been very productive at work. Daily yoga, running and biking all week. Food has been wonderful, nutritious and moderate portions. Staying productive with my google calendar. I’m examining what I want my days and weeks to look like. Where will I put my energy? In over a year it’s the first time I have missed reading posts. Now that I’m at maintenance I look great and feel great. For October I may be taking a break from my daily posts and that makes me sad. I love you all and appreciate the major support. I will think about it this weekend as I regroup.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 431 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 198.8
    Cw- 199.8

So this entire month I haven't been watching what I eat or exercising much. So I gained 2 or 3 this month. But I need to be careful this coming week, I don't want to go over 200. So I will try to cut some calories to make sure that doesn't happen!
  • sleepymom5
    Friday Check in
    Food not logged on target or a little over
    Water not enough
    Exercise - none
    Steps-low-4,500

Not a great day yesterday. I was just dragging all day and didn't do anything until the evening. We went to see Jim's mother and then out to lunch but after that I ended up napping. I did force myself to clean and do wash but that was it. I also ate ok but not planned or logged. I think I was good eating -2 to +2. I was a little over at lunch and a little under at dinner. Also had snacks in the evening but was hungry. Today I am going to help a friend start to clear out her house to move. I am driving about 3 hours to get there. She is the one whose husband over dosed. She doesn't know when he will be home, no one is telling her so I am praying for no drama. His family blames her for everything and are giving her a hard time. I am actually going to back into her driveway so we can get out of there ASAP if something starts up(I will take her with me if she likes it or not). No plan for today either. I really don't even know where to start. I will make the healthiest choices and eat -2 to +2. I also had planned to go back to the shore tomorrow to start bringing things home but they need a place to go so I think I will stay and clean out my closets and drawers so I have a place to put things. I also need to start packing for Denver. I really don't have time to fool around so I have to plan and follow it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our October thread is open, head over and introduce yourself!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766333/weight-no-more-october-chat#latest

@amsandos I am actually starting to do that too. If it isn't worth the calories I won't eat it. Looks like you had a good day even going off plan with the popcorn. Hopefully you portioned it out. Sounds like a nice fall snack with the hot chocolate. How is the weather there? You are having fall weather too right?
    @Mrsbell8well Your parent's birthdays are so close to each other! Happy 90th to your dad! Looks like you are living that healthy lifestyle you always envisioned! That is awesome! If you decide to leave us, I hope you will keep in touch or at least give us a heads up if you ever start that blog. Enjoy your fun filled weekend!
    @timibotkin It is so hard to flip from days to nights so I totally understand how you must have felt. It was hard for me and I wasn't going through treatments on top of it all. Hope things get a little better with day shift. Is there anything you can do for your skin? Do they treat it like a burn? The end is in sight. Hang in there! Hugs to you!
    @Zumba_Luvah You know that you didn't exactly have a bad month but you haven't been as committed as you have been in the past. You are very close to going over 200 which you stated you don't want to do. Why don't you make a plan for the month of what you are willing to do to get yourself as far away from that number as you can. Level up from this month, maybe zumba class a few times a week, plan what you are going to eat, things like that. You can do it. You have before!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Check in for Friday

Food - Logged & over by 150
    Water - 1.8 l
    Exercise - rest day

Another busy day yesterday & a busy weekend. My husband & I joked this morning that most of our conversations are about hockey schedules, drive times to arenas & hockey games. That’s why we have date nights, so we can attempt to have non-kid focused conversation! As he did the hockey driving last night, I batched baked healthy muffins & cookies for a few weeks. This is why I went over calories!

@Zumba_luvah - We are starting a new month on Sunday, so it is a perfect time to reset on your habits and goals!

@Timibotkin - Just a huge hug to you and you are doing great! So sorry about the side effects of radiation, especially the pain from peeling skin. Sleep is great, and try to sleep as much as you are able.

@Mrsbell8well - You have to do what is right for you with posting & participating. Maintenance is a journey too. I was going to suggest to the moderators that they may want to consider a maintenance team thread for those who have “graduated” from weight loss. We have a supportive community & folks in maintenance should have their support too.

@amsandos - You are doing great! Your cake story is a good example of mindful eating. And popcorn is not so bad, especially after a great week!

@lennoncpa - Hope that you had a great time at the party! Let us know how it went!

@sleepymom5 - Love those weekend tips & hope you have a great one!

This discussion has been closed.