September 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    09/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 15)
    09/09 - 02.0 miles rest day walk (LeVuelta Challenge rest day) (for me)
    09/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 16)
    09/11 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 17)
    09/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 18)
    09/13 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 19)

Total: 279.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Sorry I have been MRI and I won’t bore you with the details of my life the past number of days, but my dad landed in the ER Wednesday and was admitted because he has gout or pseudo gout, possible cellulitis and a slight infection. He is in horrific pain and screams if his lower leg or foot is touched. I took a nap after dinner and awoke to sweats and nausea. I thought food poisoning from my salad or it is hospital germs. Still feeling off but the nausea and hot flash sweats have stopped. This is my life and only half of the stuff I have dealt with this past week.

@Dean: You truly are one of the most compassionate people I have come to know. You so greatly helped me with the loss of my Finny. It has been exactly three months as of yesterday and I miss the guy so much. Every now and then I think I should have done the surgery for the gastric bloat and taken my chances, but your words keep coming to mind, that I did the right thing. That is what keeps me from driving myself crazy with guilt. You mean the world to me and we have never met. I am sure that you mean even that much more to your clients. My special vets and staff will always be family to me. I know that the loss of my dog was just as hard on them as it was on me. Several were still on duty the night we put Finny to sleep. One girl cried as I filled out his cremation papers. Another cried when we came to deliver cookies to thank them for all they did for us. Even the lady behind the counter who could be a bit hard around the edges with customers, became a lot softer each time Finn came in. She came out from behind her desk and hugged my hubby and me and expressed her sympathy. I know that you are just like them, You are attached, it is personal and the battles and decisions the families have to make are just as real and painful to you.

So I hope your friends on here have helped to uplift you for all the many times you have uplifted us. We love you Dr. Dean. Don’t ever go back to being a janitor. You are right where God wants you to be.
    PS Hope you feel better....food poisoning,,,yuck!

Sept. 9-13: Adding 55 miles of walking 35 miles, trail and road running 8 miles and cycling 12 miles.
    TTD 142 miles

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    @clepant Hope you feel better. And great words for @Dean. A good vet is a great find, one who is also a great human being is priceless.

3.1 miles. I ran my subdivision's 5k for the seventh year. I kept Runkeeper on silent and didn't look at the speeds, just ran at a pace I could tolerate. I think it's around the same time I usually do, and looking at my heart rate on Fitbit, it was pretty consistent. Talked myself out of walking a bunch of times, it's such a mind game for me.

exercise.png

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    After week 1 in France with temps up into 30s our walking about has been limited but am now up to 41 Miles in total
  • anaconda469
    Options
    09/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 15)
    09/09 - 02.0 miles rest day walk (LeVuelta Challenge rest day) (for me)
    09/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 16)
    09/11 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 17)
    09/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 18)
    09/13 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 19)
    09/14 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 20)

Total: 304.0 miles

exercise.png

My son completed an awesome ride today. He rode completely around the rim of Crater Lake in SW Oregon. He is one tired puppy right now. But amazing stats.

ob03t09ub8j4.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @Susan - That is an awesome ride! I'm jealous. Great photo also. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @All the MFP friends - I appreciate all the kind words. It helps. Honestly it does. Compassion burnout is a real thing with vets. Some turn to drinking. Some turn hard. Some turn to suicide. I just turn to you guys. Your thoughts are much appreciated. More than you may ever know.

Thanks guys!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Dean - We are here for you whenever you need us. And...if ever you don't need us, we'll be here to just bug you. :#
    <3<3
    Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Adding 16.61 miles.

exercise.png

Walking a little more each time we go out.

Chris
  • kar328
    Options
    A gym buddy won a free private spin class at a local place. My bottom will probably regret it tomorrow but I went. 9.2 miles of cycling added.

Also got yesterday's race results. I'd left before the awards, but ended up first in the F 50-59 group. I've done second once or twice so I wasn't even thinking about it since my time wasn't that quick. I ran without checking my pace/miles and still came out at my usual but this time with less worrying/distractions.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@kar328 - way to go! That's a great way to run a race.

@cpanus - glad you're getting around more and more!

@sussexbythesea - I'm assuming it's 30C? 30C or 30F -- I wouldn't want to do a lot of walking either way! Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

@clepant - sorry things aren't going well with your dad. Hope you both feel better soon.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    @All the MFP friends - I appreciate all the kind words. It helps. Honestly it does. Compassion burnout is a real thing with vets. Some turn to drinking. Some turn hard. Some turn to suicide. I just turn to you guys. Your thoughts are much appreciated. More than you may ever know.

Thanks guys!

<3<3<3<3
  • anaconda469
    Options
    My final grand tour stage challenge. I have been doing these for over 4 years and the MFP teams and challenge has faded away. So going solo for the last year or so its to hard to keep motivated to do it without the team aspect. So I am hereby retired for stage challenges.

09/15 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (LeVuelta Challenge Stage 21)

Total: 329.0 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    9/12 6 miles
    9/13 4.25 miles
    9/14 8.75 miles
    9/15 6.25 miles 25.25

As of 9/15 100.25 of 200.25 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Adding 21 miles for 50 out of 300.

Adding 14 miles for 64 out of 300.

Adding 29 miles for 93 out of 300.

Adding 20 miles for 113 out of 300.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My son completed an awesome ride today. He rode completely around the rim of Crater Lake in SW Oregon. He is one tired puppy right now. But amazing stats.

ob03t09ub8j4.jpg

I've done that on my motorcycle, can't imagine it on a bicycle! One of the most beautiful places I've ever been!
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    9/9-9/15 = 33.4

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I also did a 5k on Saturday. It was called "The Worst-est Race Ever". The theme was tacos. It was out along the local Greenway. There were shuttles available to get back to the start, but I chose to walk back, so adding 6.44 miles. I did not finish last in my age group!
    :D
    Also adding 28.64 miles for a bike ride on Sunday.

exercise.png

I was the Taco Fairy for the 5k:
    ty1spry7pno6.jpg
  • kar328
    Options
    Adding 1 mile

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    9/14