TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• Strawberry1101
    Strawberry1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late because I didn't know how the notications work, first time in a MFP challenge, so this is a little late introduction

My name is Rory Dixon and I am loosing weight for my self, my mother and my girlfriends and our future.

I have always been overweight all my life and now I am on my 15th day streak I feel confident I can finally do this, I am sick and tried literally of making excuses for my self and just get on with it, I want to show my mother who also struggles with weight loss it is possible without restricting and difficult diets.

My mom would be joining me but her phone is too outdated to use mfp.

My current weight at the moment is 18.11 stone and has been for 3 days, which is a relief really because when I started my diet 15 days ago I was loosing a pound a day, and today my jeans fit me which didn't at the start of the year.

I take my daily thigh, waist around my belly button and hip measurements on Friday and weight my self to check in on Monday.

I always like having more friends and feel free to add me.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Food: over, by a mile. 😔😔😔
    Exercise: today was my rest day for time's double workout
    Tracked: yes.

I have to learn to deal with the job stresses without sugar and quick high carb snacks. They're so easy to pick up and eat when you're working and don't have time to sit down.

I keep Quest bars at work for a quick protein snack during the day. They have carbs but are high fiber and high protein

I'll look into them. Thanks!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    October week 1
    eromligyppah
    PW- 202
    CW-205
    Made it though 18 miles Sunday morning. So ready for the long runs to taper back in a few weeks, that way I can maybe stop eating so much and fit some more workouts in without all the running soreness. I guess bring on the hoodies for now until I can functionally workout more.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:
    What is one thing you did well this week and one thing you could do better for next week?
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:
    What is one thing you did well this week and one thing you could do better for next week?

I did well at getting more vegetables in this week. I still struggle with getting enough water so I will do better next week.

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:

One thing I did well this week was track and monitor my sodium. I never realized how much sodium I ate!!! Yikes! One thing I still want to improve upon us water intake. I drink more than I ever did, but I would like to consistently drink at least 80oz.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise - did steps at school.

Cooler weather returns tomorrow!! Woo Hoo!👻
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday October 3
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - HIIT & stretching
    Comments: HIIT is hard but gets my heart pounding quickly! I have been struggling a lot with sticking to the calorie goal that MFP gave me. When I looked at the data collected from my Apple Watch, I can see why, so I revised my calorie goals based on my Apple Watch calorie burn stats - I am now aiming to eat at my 'passive' burn rate. Any active calories should bring me weight loss ( I won't be aiming to eat back any calories burned through exercise).
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:

I have logged all my calories so far this week, which is something that I typically struggle with. But I have eaten a lot of junk food this week and blown my calorie budget almost every day - I want to do better with this next week!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Thursday, 3 October

Calories: Under - 5:2 day
    Exercise: Not much today, just a little walking
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:

I did well by tracking my food every day and being honest with myself.
    Better: being more accountable with my workouts and not relying in my partner to go in order for me to go.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Daily post:

Track: yes
    Food: under
    Exercise: yes; walked with my mom and then my hubs.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes, 70 mins weight training, 60 mins walking
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: October
    Calories: Under
    water over
    Steps 16372
    Exercise: walking
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW: 163.4
    CW: 161.8

I didn't want to weigh in this morning, but knew I had to for this challenge. I'm glad I did. My one day from purgatory yday could have affected my entire weekend, but weighing today made me realize it's ok. Just get back on it and focus.

Here's to letting go of the negative, focusing on the positive and making intentional positive decisions.

Grateful more than ever for this challenge and accountability.

So glad that I read your post before I posted as I was focusing on the negative..... need to let it go as it is weighing me down.....literally......emotion eating.

Daily Post: Thursday
    Calories: Slightly up
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 12444
    Goals/Day/Comments: Completely emotional day.

• Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

October Week 1 (Thursday)
    PW: 166
    CW: 164
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW: 163.4
    CW: 161.8

I didn't want to weigh in this morning, but knew I had to for this challenge. I'm glad I did. My one day from purgatory yday could have affected my entire weekend, but weighing today made me realize it's ok. Just get back on it and focus.

Here's to letting go of the negative, focusing on the positive and making intentional positive decisions.

Grateful more than ever for this challenge and accountability.

Nice loss
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily Post: October 1st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,456 steps

Daily Post: October 2nd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,500 steps

I actually made it under 183 lbs today. woohoooo. That gives me a 90 lb weight loss over the last year. I have been a updating my pic after every 20 lb loss....but I'm switching it to every 10 lbs. It took forever to get this last 10 lbs off..

Awesome
  • vicky2767
    Options
    I'm a bit late because I didn't know how the notications work, first time in a MFP challenge, so this is a little late introduction

My name is Rory Dixon and I am loosing weight for my self, my mother and my girlfriends and our future.

I have always been overweight all my life and now I am on my 15th day streak I feel confident I can finally do this, I am sick and tried literally of making excuses for my self and just get on with it, I want to show my mother who also struggles with weight loss it is possible without restricting and difficult diets.

My mom would be joining me but her phone is too outdated to use mfp.

My current weight at the moment is 18.11 stone and has been for 3 days, which is a relief really because when I started my diet 15 days ago I was loosing a pound a day, and today my jeans fit me which didn't at the start of the year.

I take my daily thigh, waist around my belly button and hip measurements on Friday and weight my self to check in on Monday.

I always like having more friends and feel free to add me.
    Welcome. You got this!
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:

Still struggling lol but I’ll get there
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

October Week 1 (Thursday)
    PW: 166
    CW: 164

Nice
This discussion has been closed.