CW: 204

Just hanging on.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:
    What is one thing you did well this week and one thing you could do better for next week?

Did very well on diet this week. Need to do much better on exercise.
  • satchel2008
    Options
    Daily post: Oct 3
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: October Week 1
    PW: 467.5lbs
    CW: 467.2lbs
    Goals/comments
    Kinda disappointed especially with me cutting back to under 1,000 calories but not really surprising since I cannot workout like I want with the exception of core strength stretching but at least I didn't gained but I did lose inches because my dresses are dragging the floor. So I am progressing

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise core strengthening
    Water 166oz
    Goals/comments woke up with a migraine but found a YouTube video of Hasfit core strengthening.

Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes core strengthening
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments use my Cuisinart to make my own ice cream without using any butter or sugar.

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments
    Tried my homemade ice cream recipe it's not bad for my 1st try but will add coconut cream to it to see if it thickens as it's more like a protein peanut butter and pecan ice than ice cream.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:
    2 part question:
    What is one thing you did well this week and one thing you could do better for next week?
    Exercise through the pain and drink more water
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika
    Octoberr Week 1
    PW: 242.5
    CW: 243.4
  • satchel2008
    Options
    October week 1
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 255
    CW: 244
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    October week 1
    Weigh in day Friday

Wow! Impressive loss!!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    October week 1
    Weigh in day Friday

Wow!!
  • dustyspal
    Options
    @143tobe
    Super job! That's an awesome pace. After that, your 5k will be like a walk in the park! Enjoy.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Woohoo the 🔥temps are gone. Yes, I will be walking home from work!
  • satchel2008
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    October week 1
    Weigh in day Friday

Wow! Impressive loss!!

Thanks I knew I'd have high numbers this week it being my first week and all. I always loose weight easy the first few weeks it's after that that I can't get it to move.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username: Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW: 467.5lbs
    CW: 467.2lbs
    Goals/comments
    Kinda disappointed especially with me cutting back to under 1,000 calories but not really surprising since I cannot workout like I want with the exception of core strength stretching but at least I didn't gained but I did lose inches because my dresses are dragging the floor. So I am progressing

@gjaholy33 This is going to sound funny considering what mainstream health and fitness would have us believe about calories in vs calories out, but I don't lose weight when I cut below 1000 calories and believe me, I have done this more times than I care to admit in the name of weight loss...and I'm small, only 4;10" tall so you'd think I'd need less intake and that less intake from there would produce weight loss but that is just not how it happens for me, and right now I'm actually eating more food than I've eaten in months...and the scale seems to be responding nicely to that change so...that may be something to consider. I guess sometimes there is a point where it's too low...and your body tries to hang onto every little thing you're taking in to preserve itself. Weight loss is a fickle thing..just saying. And then there's water retention that plays it's role and you can lose inches and still not lose weight so that's also something....
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: October 3rd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 4,468 steps

Went to lunch and left work early to watch the Braves game so I didn't get my steps in today.
    Daily Post: October 4th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,350 steps

• 143tobe
    Options
    Username: 143tobe
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW =139.4
    CW= 135.6
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily post: Oct 4 (Friday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

Comments

Took a rest day, it was the day after my long run. I had nothing left in me. I had to walk my dog in the morning but since I pretty much slithered along the path, I'm not even going to try and call it exercise. :D

So here is a photo from my race. What I want to talk about is the difference between how good I felt about myself before the race, and how different I felt after seeing this photo.

Before the race: I'm nervous. Everyone is looking at me. Are they looking at me because I clearly don't look like them? Are they looking at me because I'm totally rocking my running outfit? Well, I don't care. I AM rocking my look and I look good. I look like a runner.

After seeing my race photo Oh my god, is that really how I look? I look so bottom heavy. My thighs look too big. I don't look like the other runners. Maybe that's why everyone was staring at me. Maybe they thought I was too fat to be a runner. Maybe they doubted I could finish. I don't look like a runner.

I HATE that after working for so long and so hard to lose 82lbs, my mind still goes there. I just achieved a great personal accomplishment and in one moment, I went from pride, self love and self acceptance, to such self criticism, negative self talk and almost shame. Just...be good to yourselves. However far you've come, and however far you still have to go. You are beautiful (yes, the men too), and you are worth it. Don't compare yourself to others. There's only one you, there's only one me. Are you trying harder today than you did maybe a year ago? A week ago? The fact is, we are HERE, we are trying every day to improve our health. We may never have the body we hoped for, or dreamed of, even after all the weight is lost. Are you stronger than you were yesterday? Are you still here tying? Then be proud. A single photo or a number on the scale will never define us or tell us who we are. I think who we are is pretty darn awesome. I'm going to Choose to focus on that. <3

5sgw8rujdtcb.jpg
This discussion has been closed.