TEAM: Run Track Minds (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Hi team! My name is Lynda and I'm really excited to be here.

I've been using mfp for three months and have found that being part of a team inspires me and helps keep me motivated and disciplined.

Looking forward to meeting you. 😀
  • Magickxxx
    Magickxxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been doing my best to lose weight and suddenly remembered that I signed up here years ago but had forgotten about it.
    Looking forward to being part of a team of losers!
  • jupollock
    jupollock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I've just started using MFP because I wanted to be more accountable for what's going in my tummy.

I've lost around 2.5 stone on my own so far (35lbs) but I have a loooooooooot more to go so welcome the community aspect of these fora.

I've been doing the couch to 5k program and amdue to start week 5 tomorrow!

My starting weight for this challenge is 19st 6.3lbs (273.3lbs) and I so want to bust my butt to lose a stone /14lbs by the end!
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @LyndaBSS Welcome to the team! I had a slip-up mid-August, but being a part of the team was one reason I jumped back in.

@Magickxxx Tracking is key for me, glad you found the app again! And glad you found our team!

@jupollock Thanks for translating a stone for me! 14lbs is a tall order, but it looks like you have a plan! Welcome to the team!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm
    Kate, kilobykilo, and havent given this challenge the time it deserves in sept..... but, will be back in october with a bang!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm so happy to be part of this team. I am pre-diabetic and spent all of 2018 going through a DPP Class (Diabetes Prevention Program). Logged all meals and workouts in MFP and had to print and turn in for DPP. Lost 26 pounds. 2019 overtime I have stopped logging meals but do log workouts and now up 6 pounds. Still below my DPP goal weight but getting too close for comfort.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @kilobykilo Me too! Glad to have someone to recommit with!
    @Kathie_GoGo Congrats on losing some weight. I have determined I will have to be a life long logger to maintain. Here's hoping you will find some accountability with our team WELCOME!
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.... I am the odd man out here, literally lol

Coming off injuries and separation. Would like to lose about 40 lbs then get back in competition shape. I was a competitive kickboxing before I tore my knee, ironically I got separated at the same time. A few years later I decided to do something about it and then got rear ended a month and a half ago. Realized my diet is 75% of my problem so here I am. Been watching calories the last week hard and was medically cleared last night to start training (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) starting Monday to see if I can use that to take the extra weight off my knee. My goal weight for the end of the year is 225 lbs. Weighed in at 256.3lbs to start this challenge.
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. Back for my second run. Did well last month. Down 26 pounds since July 28th. Here to making October another good one.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @Kathie_GoGo welcome to the team and well done on your loss. I've become hit and miss with food logging and am going to recommit to log in october every day so I dont start kidding myself.....

@Leebett let's make October awesome!

@heyjude0225 welcome and enjoy all the attention from us ladies! I have a dream to one day take up muay thai!

@angiesjourney you're doing amazingly well! I was a rubbish motivation buddy with too much going on outside of mfp, but that didn't stop you rocking!
  • jupollock
    Options
    Hi everyone! I put Sundays as my weigh day, so am I correct in thinking tomorrow is my first official weigh in of this challenge?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @jupollock Didn't you weigh into the initial weight thread?
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @Kathie_GoGo welcome to the team and well done on your loss. I've become hit and miss with food logging and am going to recommit to log in october every day so I dont start kidding myself.....

@Leebett let's make October awesome!

@heyjude0225 welcome and enjoy all the attention from us ladies! I have a dream to one day take up muay thai!

@angiesjourney you're doing amazingly well! I was a rubbish motivation buddy with too much going on outside of mfp, but that didn't stop you rocking!

Thanks! Muay Thai is what I actually trained when I competed as a kickboxer. I miss it a lot. Once I shed 40 lbs I'm going to attempt to return to it.
  • jupollock
    Options
    Username: jupollock
    Weigh in week: October week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 272.3lb (22 Sept)
    Todays Weight: 267lb (29 Sept)

Week one loss - 5.3lb

That's a nice start on my 1 stone (14lb) goal. :)

I hope I've done this correctly! I'm a bit baffled by it not actually being October yet. Haha.
  • jupollock
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    @jupollock Didn't you weigh into the initial weight thread?
    Yes, thank you! I am just confusing myself but hopefully I'm set right now. :)
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @jupollock great first loss, well done!

@heyjude0225 my ultimate goal prize to myself might just be a trip to a muay thai camp in Thailand...... why not dream big?!

Sunday morning, up earlier than I'd like but going to use the morning to clean my flat and plan my week before some sunshine time later :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey all newbies!!
    I'm a 37 year old busy mum with a lot going on at the moment. I've been on MFP since February and lost 40 lbs but since June I've lost my mojo and been losing/gaining the same 2 lbs.
    I've let the team down last month by being absent a lot of the time (I'm co-captain, cheering squad) but I'm hoping this month will be better.
    @johicks, our captain, is in charge of all admin but she's been MIA for a couple of weeks, so I'll fill in as best as I can. Anyone familiar with the admin side of things is welcome to chip in (I'm still learning)
    Welcome old and new members! Let's make October count!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @kilobykilo thank you. I've started meal tracking again. 2 days in a row :) Also joined "October Unprocessed" Facebook group. Theses 2 challenges should help me get back on track.
  • AB0215
    Options
    c4mkzy9q51wd.jpg
    HELLO TEAM!
    WELCOME TO OCTOBER 2019!
    kiekqpdfx4vf.jpg

As taking part in this challenge your only requirement is to weigh in weekly. Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh-in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Please set-up your posts in the format below as it really makes it much easier to see your post to track properly.
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, August Week 5 (8/25)
    PW: 248.4
    CW: 248.0
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.
    *PW = previous weight, for week #1 it is your starting weight (SW)
    *CW = current weight
    Also optional is taking part in the daily mini-challenge. v (see the next post) v
  • AB0215
    Options
    We are also going to continue with an optional Mini-Challenge this month somewhat based on “Daily Post for Ultimate Accountability.” First and foremost is that participation in the mini-challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this, the choice is yours. I encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and think about our habits /goals on a daily basis. It's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Our RTM Daily Posts Challenge follow these basic rules:
    • #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    • #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    • #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    • #4. Check-in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    • #5. Work towards healthier habits (you choose: increase water, journaling, self-care, overall wellness)
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

**REMEMBER**
    -You set your own daily budget.
    -You choose your own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10-mile run.)
    -It is not weight-based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    -Daily check-in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer-term weight management is hard to do on your own.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: a variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to yourself, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want)
This discussion has been closed.