CW: 186.8
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: no
    Calories: over at least some
    Exercise: no
    Oct habit: Just track: no, but tracked every day this week and sundays are hard
    NSV: Noticed binge eating and acknowledged it to myself.
    My Why Today: To be able to stop eating and/or thinking about food when I want to.

Goals or Day: four episodes of unintentional eating or what some people would call compulsive eating. I part of the problem is that I wasn't tracking through out the day whereas during the week I do and often pre-track.
    Scale was up above 150 this morning (Monday) which was really hard for me to see since I haven't been that heavy for at least a couple of years. Although I am really using weight as an indicator it isn't *all* about that for me anymore I have the goal now of really repairing my relationship with food so when I get down to goal again my eating will be about nourishing myself and my good diet won't be just subject to my emotions.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! Good day today. I made good choices.
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Right at, including exercise calories
    Exercise: C25K Week 5, Day 1
    Healthier habits: I was mad productive today. Didn't quite finish the week's meal prep, but I have a plan to finish it tomorrow.
    Goals or Day: I signed up for a 5K race today! I know it's recommended to sign up for a race before starting C25K, but Saturdays are my busiest and most difficult days to get off at work, so I didn't. But then when looking for a running store nearby, I found a Turkey Trot being run on Thanksgiving Day, which I have off, and I signed up!
  • midsummer174627
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Right at, including exercise calories
    Exercise: C25K Week 5, Day 1
    Healthier habits: I was mad productive today. Didn't quite finish the week's meal prep, but I have a plan to finish it tomorrow.
    Goals or Day: I signed up for a 5K race today! I know it's recommended to sign up for a race before starting C25K, but Saturdays are my busiest and most difficult days to get off at work, so I didn't. But then when looking for a running store nearby, I found a Turkey Trot being run on Thanksgiving Day, which I have off, and I signed up!

Congrats! I ran my first 5k when I could barely run 3 miles without stopping on Thanksgiving Day 2015 and I left my run/walk days (mostly) behind forever.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: yes

Trying to stay sane! I know it’s first world problems but we have to jump into the bath remodel we’ve been putting off because our plumbing is shot and has been leaking into a closet. We just detected it this weekend. That and the puppy still being a challenge. She peed all over our sofa yesterday and puked all over the car on our way to the park. Just got to be thankful we even have these so-called problems!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Monday
    Previous weight: 213
    Current Weight: 211
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On target
    Activity: Housework
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 8
  • midsummer174627
    Options
    Calories: Over a bit because I ate back my exercise calories
    Activity: 40 min spin class
    Oct goal: Just track: done
    - Only one instance of overeating
    - had my snacks all planned and portioned which is essential to me
    - listened to my body at dinnertime and ate what I was craving instead of what my boyfriend was eating
    - didn't eat a sweet treat after dinner
    - weight was still super high this morning :(
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! Good day today. I made good choices.

Updated my goals and mfp decreased my calorie allotment by 60 calories! Holy moly! 😞
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: yes

Hugs to all of you! We can do this!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Calories (goal 1200): Over by 100
    Activity: 6 hours packing/moving boxes. Helping husbands 80 yo aunt downsize and setup estate sale on FRI-SAT.
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 9
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Username: Kathie_GoGo
    Weigh in week: OCT Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Starting weight: 156.0 pounds
    Previous Week's weight: 154.2 pounds
    Today's Weight: 153.4 pounds
  • midsummer174627
    Options
    b]Daily Post[/b] Tuesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes weight class!
    Oct habit: Just track: done
    Goals or Day:
    -need to figure out calories on days I exercise...thoughts from you folks?
    - had to go to a work lunch which threw my calories off by about 250 from what I planned but I still made good choices
    NSV: didnt graze or binge all day, made mindful choices
    My Why Today:
    Because eating mindfully makes me feel. nourished by food instead of at odds with it.
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Username: DDay2020
    Week: Sunday, 10/20
    PW: 250.4
    CW: 249.2

Things I did well:40-75 min of cardio x 7, Mobility Everyday, lifted 5 of 7 days
    Long term goal: It is 10 weeks until January 1, 2020. I have done 29 of my 50 workout goal. Three weeks ago I went on vacation for four days and did not log for 3 days and gained 10 pounds. I finally lost that weight. I do cardio, weights and mobility regularly. I went over my calorie goal a couple of days this week but lost 1.2 pounds this week. All in all a pretty good week.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @Kathie_GoGo it's coming off! Go you! & 6 hours of moving boxes? Woohoo that's a good burn!

@midsummer174627 well done on making mindful choices. Regarding your question- MFP is designed to do that for you. So if you add your excersize to your diary, it will give you a larger calotie allowance, meaning you can eat more. Just search for whatever activity you're doing and then select how long for. Some people only add a % (say 75%) of their workouts to allow for inaccuracies in the system.
    I hope that answers your question, but if not, fire away!

@DDay2020 a good week for you! I find eating over occasionally helps me keep my sanity but sometimes it's also a good reminder of what could have been...
This discussion has been closed.